It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Earthworms Closer to Divinity Than Us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My friend, who has been contributing mass amounts of fantastic thoughts to me, has suggested something that, while instinctively implausible, actually have incredible merit.

Earthworms, has godly creatures.

People will claim that man is the most godly. This is arrogance, and not at all godly. The earthworm, on the other hand, is not destructive in any way. It is neither carnivore nor parasite. It feeds on waste and produces land, the land on which we live. It even enriches the bacteria it feeds upon.

Let us compare these worms to...ourselves. We destroy everything we touch, we destroy the world in order to further ourselves. We wipe out entire species, and kill in order to eat. We pollute the world in which we live, only to create devices that cause more pollution.

Even other animals still kill to feed, and only produce standard waste. The earthworm refines dirt and leaves it behind.

If we want to talk about attaining godliness, or demonstrating it, we're being outdone by a creature who mouth and sphincter are literally connected. A creature using hydraulics to move.

The earthworm is arguably the most godly. If you want a vision of the divine, perhaps you should look to the ground beneath your feet.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is beautiful, I agree completely. I've always respected worms when out in the forests building things, they are the peaceful nomads of the whole other world that unfolds under the forest floor on which we tread.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes, very interesting thanks for sharing. This reminds me of Fungi.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What convinces you at all that God is not destructive?

Where are you getting your basis?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

that is an intelligent retorq, if what is the most positive existing is a worm then existence is # in all terms objectivity

how existence reached to be stable in being the reverse of right stability how the concept of objectivity as absolute positive value has being totally destroyed is the mystery that reveal the face of god

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What about plants?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thanks.

Because then there is no reason to create anything.

I prefer to think the concept known as "God" is not intent upon the demise of our world.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely

that is an intelligent retorq, if what is the most positive existing is a worm then existence is # in all terms objectivity

how existence reached to be stable in being the reverse of right stability how the concept of objectivity as absolute positive value has being totally destroyed is the mystery that reveal the face of god

I'm sorry your information is so limited in not being able to understand that the earthworm has all of its seven needs met and knows true contentment, using nothing more than the waste of other creatures.

And yet at the same time, how basic and elemental this creature itself is to the structure of life on this planet.

As for their social nature, anyone who has watched earthworms crawling in wet fields has observed the peace in which they coexist.

That is truly godly, much more so than we, Homo Sapiens, have ever been. And that a worm has beaten our species at these things says more to me than any miracle our military scientists can perform.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
What about plants?

Plants cannot exist without worms...except for lichen.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Thanks.

I prefer to think the concept known as "God" is not intent upon the demise of our world.

Not if you consider the creation and destruction are simply the cycle. It's not evil to have a system demise. It's displayed in the first law of thermodynamics.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

there is a worm that eats other worms ill find
out what they are called

cant find it but i think its the rag worm
edit on 19/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm very tired at the number of threads that try to put down humans, they do everything they can to posions, radiate, murder, kill, sacrifice humans, enslave them, misdirect them from young, teach them war not Love from childhood, and then put them down.

Humans are the ones in tests here. Animal kingdom is the lower dimension, I know some people think its the higher one. They are wrong. Its snakes and ladders board game, here we are half beast/predator, and half angel/Love and have to make a choice whether growing or progressing. There are some advanced earth angels that assist us, dolphins/whales for example.

Humans are wonderful and without everything thrown at them, including the kitchen sink by the bloodlines, they're Love.

Worms are not at that stage yet, if they ever reach it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i agree, there's too much putting down of the human potential
but that has been going on for thousands of years
it's not just the Muscle-mystics and transhumanists of today
with their re-re-repackaged "humans are worthless and weak without _______" spiel

that said, to the degree they are closer to The Source
then worms are closer to the divine.

however they are not able to evolve at anything faster than Natures pace
whereas humans are capable of self evolution

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Interesting theory, and in terms of "Earthly divinity" I see no reason why a creature that creates, recycles and develops the Earth wouldn't be a being of great sanctity.

The earthworm certainly is extremely necessary to the survival of this planet - as are many of the other creatures sharing this world with us.

A little theory of mine - Human beings began existence on this Earth as "caretakers" of the planet (As the earthworm still is) inside of areas I deem "sacred sanctuaries" - places of primordial wonder riding Leylines in modern times. We co-existed and protected the trees, foliage and animals and in turn we thrived off of their fruits and meats. With time, and more human beings (alongside curiosity and "boredom"), some humans chose to leave their responsibilities and withdraw from these sanctuaries. The few who stayed eventually became so divine & enlightened by their connection to the Earth that they, in time, became revered as GODS and GODDESSES by the ones who left.
The ones who left - realizing they still needed the fruits and meats of the animals and plants - began harvesting these sanctuaries and the creatures of planet Earth faster than the few could protect it while praying to the few for forgiveness and mercy.

And here we are - X amount of years later.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Good post. Worms are closer to the AI board game, the slightly hardened shell of energy transformation that is the MATRIX. Not sure they're consciousness unless a soul wishes to jump in and explore, like Dolores Cannon's regressions suggest.

Its like the game Spore, you can jump into the programming.

Worms are needed for health.

However, our Family outside the Matrix Universe, the Extra Universals, ie those we call God or the Highest Love and Goodness, our family created this universe and this planet as a school for us and Love us very much.

We all were there when earth was created.

We witnessed it and helped it spiritually, like angels in the back ground and assisted those in the hard tests.

I have some memories back!

We need to love nature, but some of what happens here, is related to survival, and we need to give thanks.

Studies done on the Source Field, relating to plants detecting and reacting when studied on equipment to death of even bacteria, though they responded first the strongest fields, so human and animal, then going down to lower levels. However those tests showed that even though your plant screams when you chop up an onion, Giving Thanks to Mother Earth and Nature and to our Family Above, takes that reaction away.

So we're meant to have a grateful heart.

Most souls/spirits don't want to jump into worm bodies however. Some may explore mineral, cloud, insect, and plant, but that is much earlier learning stage, and most souls don't wish to explore that for long, if at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

u proved my point

existence mister is not about lands creations that u could enjoy thinking offering u smthg by being through

existence is exclusively about objective common reality of different free moves, so ur worms eating dirt to multiply are only ur kind happy to value ur subjective self end in superior terms

anyway, ur premise is a lie, animals are all to negative nature, when gods are all to inferior nature
negative inferiority is evil oness life that join objectively only through true superiority abuse and positive freedom rights abuse, so never join by their own facts to live
that is how god is never an animal while he is worse and an animal is never relative to any god while all animals awareness are satanic kind

worms are first from loving negativity such as dirt being an absolute perspective, in that abstract perspective they are like ur god, who become superior creator only when all is disgusting, absolute inferiority objective perception give him wings

since u mean to belong to that smallest form kind, take hell space of absolute dirt to flourish through ur superiority since u will be flying constant from that object fact there being absolute certainty in all forms

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

They got their job and they still do it. We've steered away from our job here on earth and that's the problem. Most of all of the other species here on earth do what they are supposed to unless we make chemicals that screw up their perception. Being a part of nature if better than standing above it. Walking barefoot in the grass or on the beach is necessary to reconnect. Sitting on the grass helps it's energy flow through us and we hear the truth. I don't hug trees though, sometimes it's necessary to cut a few down to make a road or fire break. I burn a little wood that I get when the trees die off.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thanks.

Not if you consider the creation and destruction are simply the cycle. It's not evil to have a system demise. It's displayed in the first law of thermodynamics.

Agreed. It is merely the limited mind of Man that describes things as "good" and "bad". Nature does not do this. Nature understands that everything is just a part of life. It is just how things are.

A lion does not kill a zebra with the intent of wishing it ill. It does it for food. The zebra getting mauled to death does not think the lion is evil and casts hate upon him. The zebra fears for his life, sure. However, nature understands nature. The zebra knows the lion is just trying to survive, just as the zebra himself is.

The concept of "God" is the same way. Destruction creates life, life creates destruction. It is part of a cycle. It is nothing personal. The mind of Man is what makes it personal.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Thanks.

You do realize that in this sense, earthworms have defeated the system?

Destruction, in their world, becomes creation. Everything that decomposes, creates new life in their world.

Destruction has become gluttony enabled, to us. To the earthworm...it is nature's truest course. Destruction that feeds into creation so seamlessly that destruction becomes more a form of evolution than a form of death. A never-ending cycle of evolutions.

I hope this makes sense to you now.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Holy Plato Batman, wait a minute. Firstly, I have not the slightest insight as to why you would choose the term 'godly' in describing a trait that you premised, exuded the practice of soil maintenance. I mean not belittle you ,but I would suggest a more empirical claim, a one more grounded by reason in describing the practices of an earthworm. A philosopher would never spout a metaphysical claim about piety while using a singular example, especially one that could be better recognized by just saying 'kind, self-sufficient, peaceful, productive, non-bothersome, whathaveyou.'. A nice and humble thought though nonetheless, but I would beg you to use a term not of metaphysical nature. For if you knew what was godly(which is impossible; "problem of criterion"), you would certainly practice it(as it would be the ultimate goal).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join