It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient City May Have Been Discovered in Antarctica

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Problem is with what you have proposed,

I am handing it over to you ATS for further research and analysis.

Unless one has millions of disposeable income to do so, we can only check the data that is shared with us.
If there is anything special there, we most probably will never find out.
Secrets have a way of staying secret.
And the idea of us finding out about an ancient extinct advanced or otherwise peoples that lived at one of the poles is not gonna happen.
Unless the PTB want to cause a mass panic that is...
Who knows, maybe we will find out.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
you posting hoaxes
to "test" members gullibility again?

how sad:shk:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hope it not "The Thing".

Is this anywhere near the "hole" in the Antarctica?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
athabascan or others cultures ?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They've discovered another Ancient Outpost!!!

*Cues Stargate Music*

But in all seriousness, this is pretty sweet.

I just hope they don't hide anything from us when they find something amazing...I highly doubt they'll share the knowledge they gain ...

But we can hope!!

S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It would be awesome if this turned out to be true.

Please research more and keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Completely uncalled for buddy...

Op, this is an interesting theory put forth here. Even if it is from 2001. I had never heard this till now.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wasn't the "Enterprisemission" Hoagland's site?

You have better chances to get real info on the Cartoon channel or in Mad magazine.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I have to agree that the article is pretty useless since it is over a decade old. There have been many new discoveries in that time at the location itself, and although the scientists still don't understand most of those discoveries, they still have learned more than we knew in 2001.

I thought it was pretty funny though that the article stated that a magnetic anomaly could be caused by an ancient metal city..Roffelolz...It also could be caused by a gigantic, ice-covered alien spacecraft that originated from a hangar inside the larger spaceship we know as Pluto. Or it could be caused by a large, metal dinosaur army.

I'm not making fun of you, OP, even though your thread didn't do much for me. I ain't mad at cha, as it were.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by rigel4 I said it "May" have been, and that was a working theory from a group of Scientists,

Cities, by the way, are not identified by magnetic anomalies.

from a moderator i was surprised to read this.

cities (that we know about) aren't normally identified by magnetic anomalies, no. although magnetic resonance meters are being used to find the ones we know about in some cases.

however, who's to say that 15 odd million years ago humans weren't making their buildings out of steel? i'm often surprised by people on this site who state things as fact based on our current understandings. particularly as this site is known for debunking current understandings.

having said that i wait with baited breath to see what is actually causing that vostok anomaly.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Another explaination could be that the magnetic anomaly is the remains
of an asteroid impact. An iron asteroid may have been magnetised as it passed
through Earth's atmosphere. I'm not joking, look at my profile thats my serious face.

Here is the remains of a crashed asteroid on the moon
In red of the left of image.

According to new models, these unusually magnetic pockets come from an asteroid that slammed into the moon when it had a magnetic field, billions of years ago, according to Mark Wieczorek, director of research at the Institute of Earth Physics of Paris.

news.nationalgeographic.com

I've read elsewhere that Antarctica is littered with metorites and impact craters.
edit on 19-3-2012 by LeLeu because: bloody link wont work

edit on 19-3-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i think people are a little nippy about this when replying because as the article is fromm 2001 and the information you have brought to the thread has been covered many many times before on this site.

i mean with no disrespect i think alot of people would read your title and presume some updated information on the magnetic anomoly that many people are aware of.

i would highly recommend reading about this info before adding more too it.

the russians recently after roughly 10 years of trying have now broken through to the water below the ice (you say there is proof of life there but i dont think proof has been discovered yet hence the drilling)

as its the winter now there they (russians) wont be doing proper analysis of the water untill around december time.

hope this info helps.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

as its the winter now there they (russians) wont be doing proper analysis of the water untill around december time.

considering putin already has a sample of the vostok water ( news.nationalpost.com... ) i'd imagine they'd have tested it all by then! if not already!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

Originally posted by GonzoSinister

considering putin already has a sample of the vostok water ( news.nationalpost.com... ) i'd imagine they'd have tested it all by then! if not already!

yeah but from my understanding they only took a relativley small sample and the extensive test/ experiments will be happening at the summer time at the end of this year,

there also def an British and (dont quote me on it) American? group also running tests on similar (yet not as deep) lakes over the next year!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I've heard about this before, the magnetic anomaly is true. There is also a book called "Atlantis: The Lost Blueprint" that lays out a case for the city of Atlantis being under the Antarctic ice.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by rigel4 I said it "May" have been, and that was a working theory from a group of Scientists,

Cities, by the way, are not identified by magnetic anomalies.

from a moderator i was surprised to read this.

cities (that we know about) aren't normally identified by magnetic anomalies, no. although magnetic resonance meters are being used to find the ones we know about in some cases.

however, who's to say that 15 odd million years ago humans weren't making their buildings out of steel? i'm often surprised by people on this site who state things as fact based on our current understandings. particularly as this site is known for debunking current understandings.

having said that i wait with baited breath to see what is actually causing that vostok anomaly.

Unfortunately, humans haven't been around for anything like 15 million years - therefore there is no possible way that humans could have built anything out of steel 15 million years ago.

Whilst i appreciate your sentiment regarding current understandings, etc, and that new evidence changes understandings, that sort of time scale is so far out of the realms of current understanding that it can be dismissed as anything human related. That is actually what makes this particular anomaly so interesting. Actually, scratch that, Lake Vostok itself is totally interesting, whatever is found there and whatever the results from the initial drilling, this is an alien environment to humans and we should all really have our "big kids" heads on waiting for results.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

and you know that humans haven't been around for that amount of time do you? personally? yet regularly there are findings that challenge, very significantly, our perceived understanding of how long humanity has been around. i don't find it such a leap to imagine that humans were around that long ago, particularly as there is plenty of evidence (now) to support humans and dinosaurs co-existing.

just because you can't conceive it, doesn't mean it's not possible.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link
edit on Mon Mar 19 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Well the fossil record shows homo sapiens has been around for about 200'000 years - not even the blink of an eye geologically.

Our earliest known ancestors go back to the late Miocene, around 5.3 million years ago.

So yes, i would say it is pretty unlikely and improbable that there is anything linked to humans from around 15 million years ago.

However, seeing as you wish to argue this, why not show the evidence that shows we have been around for that long? I would be happy if you could prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

you wrote :

Scientists believe they may have discovered an ancient city under the ice of Antarctica

let me correct that for you

hoaxland and his wingnuts believe they may have discovered an ancient city under the ice of Antarctica

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join