It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New NASA Photos Of Saturns Moon Rhea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The Cassini Spacecraft has given us some new beautifull images to look at.

news.yahoo.com...

Saturn's battered, icy moon Rhea comes into sharper focus in a new set of snapshots from a robotic NASA probe.

NASA's Cassini spacecraft snapped the raw, unprocessed pictures on March 10 while making a flyby of Rhea with a closest approach of about 26,000 miles (42,000 kilometers). During the flyby, Cassini snapped three different views of the moon's cratered surface, creating a mosaic of Rhea's leading hemisphere and the side of the moon that faces away from Saturn, researchers said.

In 2010, scientists learned that Rhea has an atmosphere dominated by oxygen and carbon dioxide. This atmosphere is incredibly tenuous and wispy, nothing like the thick blanket of air we're used to on Earth.

Link to more photos. www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

In 2010, scientists learned that Rhea has an atmosphere dominated by oxygen and carbon dioxide. This atmosphere is incredibly tenuous and wispy, nothing like the thick blanket of air we're used to on Earth.

I see it could become a great source of oxygen to fill spaceships with!

We just need to stop wars, stop poverty, stop focusing in profits, start using unlimited renewable energy resources and we can get way past there in less than 50 years...during the time which we cured 95% of all health problems at the same time!

3, 2, 1 Let's go!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

That's what called to me, the rich oxygen atmosphere!

It seems there are many planetary bodies right here that do...

Dione
Europa

Thanks for the news, OP! Forgot to tell you!

edit on 18-3-2012 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How beautiful!

Very interesting to me are those huge arcs, I'm guessing gravitational fracturing, but a very consistent shape to them.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Amazing images from Cassini, Rhea is Saturn's 2nd largest moon, less than half the diameter as our moon, and here is an interesting image of Saturn's largest moon Titan, in the distance for scale.

Great resolution from the spacecraft on the close ups at a minimum of 26,000 miles away, most further away.

Rhea has been suggested that it also has its own rings in this artist rendition.

I urge those that see this thread to hit the link and see some amazing images, a couple I selected below.

3 moons, rings of Saturn.

From further away.

Really awesome stuff!!!

5 moons in one shot and the rings of Saturn.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Our univers contains such beauty. I can not wait until the day that anyone in the human race can see these heavenly bodies with their own two eyes. (and not through a telescope or camera.) At least NASA gives us beautifull images to look at while they keep all their secrets hidden. Maybe their good for a little something.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Who does more?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Who does more?

Do you mean who does more than NASA? Nobody that I know of. I just can't wait until it is common place to image such beautifull objects as these.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

PROOF of ET Base Structure on Saturn Moon Rhea Thread in 3, 2, 1, ...

Very beautiful pictures. I cant wait to get there by myself!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My my, isn't she a beauty?

It doesn't matter how many outer space images I see, I am never less humbled or less awe-struck. With all the incredible and mystical objects just in our own little galaxy, it's a mindboggling thought to think of all the hundreds of billions of other galaxies out there (just that know of) and what beauties they may hold within theirs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A beauty, indeed. Well, that is until NASA crashes a bunch of their junk there and then lie to the world about anything that they find. I have such contempt for NASA for not showing everything that they find as soon as they find it. How is it going to ruin my day if NASA tells me they found a castle, or pyramid, etc., etc. on some body in space?

top topics

join