It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel truthers are dangerous, unpatriotic and embolden the terrorists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I just think some truthers are too emotionally invested in their belief system. It's hard to be objective when emotions are involved. To be truly objective you need to remove emotions from the equation. They have a tendency to ignore facts that devalue their argument and instead of debating the facts they attack people who disagree with them.

I think they are patriotic just a bit misguided and maybe a bit naive. They won't even entertain the idea that they could be wrong because they have invested so much time into a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I agree with that. I think the height of absurdity was reached a day or two ago on the "Pull it" thread when a poster said to GoodOlDave " I feel sorry for you and your soul " All because he obviously wasn't subscibing to the conspiracy theories surrounding "Pull it". And that post attracted 3 stars, heaven help us.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
reply to post by drock905

I agree with that. I think the height of absurdity was reached a day or two ago on the "Pull it" thread when a poster said to GoodOlDave " I feel sorry for you and your soul " All because he obviously wasn't subscibing to the conspiracy theories surrounding "Pull it". And that post attracted 3 stars, heaven help us.

lol I can definitely see that as absurd. There are some 9/11 truthers out there that take it way over board, as for me I'm not a preacher, especially since I'm no rocket scientist. But to know that the government got away without even a slap on the wrist really grinds my gears. I don't initiate 9/11 convos b/c I know it would just upset people. But when people are up for debate, as they are in this forum, I'm always down to hear your points as well as get mine across.

I guess this is my informal "hello" to the ATS boards.

WHADDUP KIDS????

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh definitely, i walk down my street fearing a truther will come around the corner and kill me. Its scary!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I just think some truthers are too emotionally invested in their belief system. It's hard to be objective when emotions are involved. To be truly objective you need to remove emotions from the equation. They have a tendency to ignore facts that devalue their argument and instead of debating the facts they attack people who disagree with them.

I think they are patriotic just a bit misguided and maybe a bit naive. They won't even entertain the idea that they could be wrong because they have invested so much time into a conspiracy.

Like the fact that skyscrapers have to hold themselves up, therefore the designers have to figure out how to distribute the steel down the buildings.

So that must have something to do with analysing any supposed collapse from the top occurring in less than 30 seconds.

Who was Isaac Newton?

So if the collapse is actually physically impossible then what does that say about the BELIEF SYSTEM of most of the people on the planet. Physics does not give a dam# about anybody's belief system. How do physicists manage to not talk about mass distributions. But then physics does not care about physicists either.

Does physics care about patriotism? The physics defines the objectivity.

psik

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Of course truthers are ignored by TPTB, they will never acknowledge people seeking the REAL truth.

People should carry on for as long as they want, after all, if you lost a releative in 9/11 and felt that the OS was full of lies then you'll carry on searching for the truth.

So many people wish the 'truthers' will go away, because it will take the heat off, but they will never go away!

Calling someone seeking the real story a 'truther' is just a deliberate plan to categorise people on the trail of real truth as some kind of weirdo fanatic! Alas, this trivial term does not have the effect they want it to have, because people re STILL seeking the REAL truth, and will continue to do so for as long as it takes, regardless of how much deliberate ridicule is thrown at them.

Ridicule as a tactic is not working, if anything, the more people seekign the real truth are categorise and branded, the more they will continue to search.

It's quite a joke really, those seeking the real truth know they are being lied to, and when many people continuously try to disprupt their quest (OS believers) it just spurs them on to try harder to find the truth!

Also, the fact people support the OS so vigorously just rouses even more suspicion!

They have every right to search for the real truth, the OS presented to them as the truth, has been covered up to such an extent that they will not give up until all the data is made available. So much data has been deliberately hidden, all questions have no been addressed, and the quest will continue until the answers are found...
And rightly so.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BallinOnWelfare
Oh definitely, i walk down my street fearing a truther will come around the corner and kill me. Its scary!

Yeah, you're right. That's why it's impossible for anyone to ever want to target a member of the Beatles because they thought they were seeing secret messages in the book "Catcher in the Rye". Next you're be saying someone will want to assassinate the president to try and impress a movie acresss.

The problem ISN'T with the information the truthers are spreading, per se. The problem is when someone missing that part of the brain that normally tells the rest of us "Hey, don't do that!" gets the idea that this truther propaganda is actually real, and they then get the idea in their head to "take matters into their own hands". After all, if you were absolutely convinced that Silverstein was the point man for a sinister secret plot to take over the world, and you were completely convinced that by killing him you'd defeat the sinister secret plot, wouldn't YOU logically conclude that you would need to hunt him down and kill him?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

LOL @ Dave, every example he takes is straight out of the same mouths...those DAM FOOL GOVERNMENT SOURCES, that he somehow believes tell the truth for his benefit.

Good thing i do not see any people this retarded in my neck of the woods, it makes Facebook games seem intelligent.

The abuse you have been exposed too, is high my friend, and you CANNOT find your way out of it, what a pity.

Have fun screwing up all of your personal relationships with your impeccable logic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

The irony!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join