It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel truthers are dangerous, unpatriotic and embolden the terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do you feel the truthers who claim it werent terrorists who carried out the attacks, but that it happened under the directive of the ruling party, or at least the military arm of the nation should cease their activities?

Do you feel the truthers who claim it were not terrorists, but elements of the army or secret services who carried out the bombings in Damascus contribute to damaging the nation and embolding the terrorists?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think truthers are basically ignored. I have had a google alert for birth certificate for a year now - the only hits are from world nut daily.
edit on 18-3-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
no
and
no

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's not just truthers brosef, it's people who pay attention to American history and the blow-back that surrounds it. Fact of the matter is we are one of the most evil regimes this planet has ever known when you strip away the facade of disinformation and outright lies.

We believe in subterfuge, we believe in assassination, we believe in overthrowing legitimate governments, we believe in using what we call terrorist today as proxies for conflict. We have destroyed nations for profit such as the banana republics and overthrowing the shah in Iran.

We have a history of lies, cheating, stealing and murder and your worried people who question the status quo might be making terrorist bolder? Do you even know why terrorism as we have come to know it exist?

It exist because we have thoroughly insulted an entire culture of people who's culture is based on the honor of the guest. We put military bases in their holy lands and stomped all over them using them for their resources and treasure. We have done nothing but contribute to instability in the region and have left a permanent legacy in the minds and hearts of the people in these lands that we are a great force for evil and greed at all cost in this world.

Understand our history and understand that the enemy is within, and it is not people who wish to see the world as it is rather than sugar coated in lies.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

NO!

Isn't that what we are about? The right to voice your opinion.

How do you feel about the 'truthers'?
edit on 18-3-2012 by craziedaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Do you feel the truthers who claim it werent terrorists who carried out the attacks
Do you feel the truthers who claim it were not terrorists

Firstly, I'd say in all seriousness that if you wish your argument to carry any weight, you've got to clean up your gramatical presentation. "Weren't terrorists" just makes you sound ignorant.

Secondly, no, I think that people that investigate and bring to light glaring irregularities in the story of 9/11 are true patriots who want real answers as to the events of that day. Hey, they didn't even mention building 7 in the final report from Congress, nor did they feel that the issue of funding for the attacks was of any practical significance. C'mon, someone is going to raise their hand and ask why. Does that make them unpatriotic? Speaking for myself and Thomas Jefferson, I would say no.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Do you feel truthers are dangerous, unpatriotic and embolden the terrorists?
No, I think mind sets like "support your Government, right or wrong" and "At all costs" are the problem. Truthers are the real Patriots, in my humble opinion...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Actually, I'm sure that many truthers are driven by a patriotic streak. Real patriotism is loyalty to country, and the government is not synonymous with country. It is a patriotic duty to question fishy stories and hold elected leaders to the highest standards.

As for emboldening the terrorists, what actually emboldens them is when we go to their countries, bomb their homes, and kill thousands of women and children in the process. So, no, it doesn't embolden them at all.
edit on 18-3-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wasnt talking about the 911 truthers, but the damascus truthers. They claim that the explosions in Damascus have not been carried out by Terrorists, as Assad claims, but by the regime of Assad, or forces loyal to the regime of Assad, such as the countries secret service or Army, or simply persons acting on his behalf. I guess I should have pointed that out more clearly in the OP.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LaughingatHumanity
That's a pretty good recap of the last few decades. It may even be putting it a bit too nicely. US citizens may wish to believe it is different but the truth is there.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
When TPTB want to keep the truth covered up....................................they cover it up.....................with a whirlwind of bull# lies and misdirection that is mostly the absurd truther claims of controlled demo, freefall etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I believe the answer would be a definite no. www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that Science was supposed to be a TRUTH MOVEMENT.

Compared to science the nation and the terrorists and religion are all unimportant.

If an airliner can destroy a skyscraper 2000+ times its own mass in less than two hours that is fine. BUT it should be completely explainable on the basis of accurate data. If an airliner cannot possibly have done it then that that is fine too BUT it should be explainable also on the basis of accurate data.

The chips about nationalism and politics and religion will just have to fall where they may. If patriotism gets flushed down the toilet, so be it.

But to have to BELIEVE that an airliner can destroy a skyscraper and even the so called experts who say it was controlled demolition don't even bring up and discuss the steel and concrete distributions, like Richard Gage, well that is BULLSH#.

It is like we have two religious groups arguing with each other over a simple problem. And supposed scientists like Neil deGrasse Tyson who admits to witnessing the event says nothing about what he thinks might have done it though he writes a book about Black Holes. Hello, does that have anything to do with gravity?

psik

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Anyone seeking truth is to be commended! It is the liars that are dangerous! Count me as a truther not a liar!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would agree with the poster above and say that they are largely irrelevant. Inevitably so, since the point of being a Truther for a majority of them is to excuse them from the real business of having to do anything about the parlous state of American politics and government.

And to those who suggest that there are only two types of people - government loyalists and Truthers - come on. Wake up.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Do you feel the truthers who claim it werent terrorists who carried out the attacks, but that it happened under the directive of the ruling party, or at least the military arm of the nation should cease their activities?

Do you feel the truthers who claim it were not terrorists, but elements of the army or secret services who carried out the bombings in Damascus contribute to damaging the nation and embolding the terrorists?

No I don't. I think they're simply people who are being suckered by the con artists behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites that are out to make a fast buck, and becuase they imagine they're privy to such radical ground breaking information it's starting to go to their head that they're the "scholars in touch with reality" and everyone else is "goose stepping sheep living in dream world".

Snake oil peddlers inventing their own alternative "truth" for their own gain is hardly anything new. This guy claims the Egyptian pyramids were built by space aliens. That person claims Elvis faked his death. Yet another person claims the moon landing was faked. There's one guy who even claims all of humanity's problems are being caused by the ghosts of billions of space aliens murdered by Xenu the galactic warlord. Despite the myriad different "truths" they alway had something in common- they always said everything you knew was false and they'd tell you the REAL truth if and only if you bought their books, bought their movies, and paid to attend their conferences. It's never about spreading the truth. It's about the money. It's always about the money. If you don't believe me then try to hook up with the Scientologists while devoting yourselves to never giving them a nickel. See how long it takes for them to drop you like you were road kill.

This whole "the 9/11 attack was a false flag operation to take over the world" claim is just yet another iteration of the exact same marketing plan. It's just being put in a different packaging.
edit on 18-3-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think that people should keep an open mind to the possibilities and not make assumptions all the time, but there should be no restrictions on people. In the US, people lose freedoms (many they didn't even know they had) all the time. To call someone with an opinion unpatriotic and dangerous is just silly.

I think that the discourse of the truthers is very important to investigating what really happened, be it the "official story" or something else entirely. It is equally welcome for people to criticize the truthers. No one is exempt from freedom of speech, and no one is evil for taking one side or the other.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I wasnt talking about the 911 truthers, but the damascus truthers.

You might want to try posting elsewhere than the 9/11 forum, if you want an on-topic discussion of the syrian situation.

edit on 20/3/12 by argentus because: fixed malformed coding.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I do not whish to do that, I am more interested in the parallels, but point for reading the whole OP post.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I do not whish to do that, I am more interested in the parallels, but point for reading the whole OP post.

What parallels can there possibly be? It's one thing to wonder whether a bomb being set off was really the work of terrorists, or a secret operation by the Assad government. It's another thing entirely to insist the explosion never happened, all the casualties are nonexistent persons, all the eyewitnesses and mourning survivors are paid disinformation agents, all the photos of the blast area are photoshopped, and everyone who questions these accusations are all mindless goose stepping sheep living in a dream world.

Oh, and let's not forget that nobody is posting over and over how physicists are so stupid for not looking at the grade school physics of how the explosion destroyed the neighborhood in Syria, either

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join