It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Intervene, Arrest Ron Paul Backers at Missouri Caucus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com... ine

In St. Charles, an exurb of St. Louis and one of the state’s largest GOP counties, Paul supporters sought to elect their own chairman and adopt their own rules when proceedings opened — both of which are part of standard caucus rules and procedure. But as they argued with the caucus chair, Paul supporters held video cameras — against caucus rules, according to a GOP official who was there — and things became contentious.

“It turned into a little food fight within the caucus, between the caucus chairman trying to control the caucus and certain elements, I guess with Ron Paul, trying to be heard,” said Tom Kipers, a former chairman of the St. Charles GOP, who attended the caucus at Francis Howell North High School.

An off-duty police officer, hired as security, eventually filed a trespassing complaint against the Paul supporters and notified on-duty police in the area municipality of St. Peters, who, along with police from other jurisdictions, arrested two Paul supporters and ended the caucuses early. A joint-jurisdictional police helicopter arrived on the scene. Kipers said about 10 officers arrived in total.

“Two people were arrested for trespassing after receiving numerous warnings to leave the school property,” the St. Peters police said in a press release. “Both subjects were transported to St. Peters Justice Center where they were booked for Trespassing and released on a summons.”

Well who the heck can blame them after the last fiasco where a clear majority of Paul delegates were ignored?

:shk:

Video cameras or not, this is just ridiculous. It's going to take video cameras and exposure to the world before anyone even has a clue what's been going on at these things behind closed doors. The establishment has picked their heads of the monster, and you WILL be forced to choose between evil and more evil- and to hell, literally, with what the people want.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I heard the Video Cameras were banned in MO

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Off duty hired as security where as if there was no officer, things wouldn't have been out of proportion and the worst they would have gotten was asked to leave. As no crime was broken for someone speaking their mind. They found one they could apply and there you go you broke the law!

I disturbed the peace standing on a porch smoking a cigarette. They will stick anything they can to make them money and meet their quota.

Sadly we don't have the MSM doing its job, so people have to do it themselves, and they have been labeled crazy by the guys in charge ready to vote in our next President. This should infuriate everybody. Whether you support RP or not, look at the media and see how twisted our voting system has become when you feed 2 candidates to the population so they believe its a 2 person race. Where people don't vote for RP even if they agree with him, they don't want to be labeled crazy by family and friends, and hes unelectable. Nobody is unelectable so why even throw that word around. The leadership of this country is like a bad reality show. If those weren't bad enough!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yeah that's what set this whole thing off, the cameras. Funny thing, though, everything was recorded, the only thing that wasn't was the caucus because they ended it due to the filming. Check this thread out about it, complete with many videos and all, www.abovetopsecret.com... Watching those videos you'll see a lot of police, their cars, and one helicopter flying over
. What a waste of man power, time, and tax payer money.
edit on 18-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix link

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Apparently, the temp chair would not relinquish to the "elected" chair because he was a Paul supporter from what I gathered. As for 10 cops, I could swear I seen more than 10 cruisers there.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How long before the killing starts....

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
They should've followed the rules set forth by the chairman. No video recording devices allowed. This is why these Paulites are never going to amount to anything. Oh well, it's not like anyone can beat Obama anyway. He's done too much good for America to be replaced.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
They should've followed the rules set forth by the chairman. No video recording devices allowed. This is why these Paulites are never going to amount to anything. Oh well, it's not like anyone can beat Obama anyway. He's done too much good for America to be replaced.

/TOA

Yeah! These peasants have the audacity to attempt to produce a clear, public, and untamperable record of the votes and the counting thereof? Who do these plebes think they are?!!?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

The GOP doesn't even follow their own rules, except when they create ones out of thin air to avoid being exposed for the fraud they perpetrate. This entire process is a circle of corruption & people (apologist) like you disgust me.

Oh, explain to how much "good" Obama has done. If by good you mean stripping us of our liberties and pride as Americans, then sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ron Paul supporters acting like Ron Paul supporters. Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul supporters acting like Ron Paul supporters. Move along, nothing to see here.

Yup, people holding their representatives accountable.

Those are definately Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT

Yeah! These peasants have the audacity to attempt to produce a clear, public, and untamperable record of the votes and the counting thereof? Who do these plebes think they are?!!?

Hardly clear, public and untamperable - given its filmed by Paulites, its not live and its quite open to their selective filming / editing.

If the rules state no cameras, then so be it. I strongly suspect that if this was a Romney campaigner doing the filming, the Paulite stance would be very different indeed!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT

If the rules state no cameras, then so be it. I strongly suspect that if this was a Romney campaigner doing the filming, the Paulite stance would be very different indeed!

Actually no they would welcome that. I welcome that. Please Romney supporters bring your cameras...
I would like cameras on the voters the whole time as well as the ballots.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Yeah, because Paul supporters are totally known to silence others' right to a fair election.

I don't think Romney or Santorum, or any other candidates' grassroots supporters are in favor of disallowing the citizens to document the process, if one were to take a poll, but that's my opinion.

I do think there's some obfuscation going on in the GOP establishment. If we don't have the ability as citizens to document our election process, how are we to ensure the will of the public is executed faithfully?

If you can't see the shenanigans, it's obvious that it's because you refuse to.
edit on 3/18/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

VERY misleading statement! The person who forbid the cameras was the TEMP chair! The gentleman who was eventually arrested was the ELECTED chair! Therefor he did not have the right to declare ANY rules! Paul would crush anyone in a fair election, that is why rules are ignored, laws are broken, the cabal's media only presents Dr. Paul in a negative light. Obamalien
The only thing he has done is take more rights away, lied, murdered, commit fraud and wipe his butt with the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence!
edit on 18-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If paul supporters can cause these problems.Sounds like there are a lot of them.Why doesn't the counted ballots reflect that.10 to 15 percent of the total ballot count couldn't do that.There must be a lot more!!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i think ron paul supporters need to find some off duty officers of their own to hire for "security"

"i asked the temp chair to leave but he just wouldnt officer! hes trespassing"
edit on 18-3-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That weird cultist image they've been crafting for the "Paulite's" is pretty clever, you have to admit.

Queue the skittery spider music!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

That weird cultist image they've been crafting for the "Paulite's" is pretty clever, you have to admit.

Clever, sure. Acccurate? Pretty much. I am actually more creeped out by Paul supporters than most Obama supporters at this point, and I am no fan of Obama. I would vote for Paul, but I feel many of his supporters are doing him a disservice. Your average person off the street sees something like this and thinks, 'There they go again, so glad I'm not voting for that guy, look at the idiots that want him in office!'.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Clever, sure. Acccurate? Pretty much. I am actually more creeped out by Paul supporters than most Obama supporters at this point, and I am no fan of Obama. I would vote for Paul, but I feel many of his supporters are doing him a disservice. Your average person off the street sees something like this and thinks, 'There they go again, so glad I'm not voting for that guy, look at the idiots that want him in office!'.

You probably feel that way because you're not getting an accurate picture of them. These Paul supporters were entirely justified in being wary about caucus procedures. There have been quite a few incidents already of GOP misconduct, where GOP officials have been shown intentionally sandbagging Paul supporters. It's a form of fraud, though legal because they write their own rules.

Can you honestly justify to yourself, thinking critically, that they were kicked out for trying to videotape the process? That's off-the-walls absurd, if looked at objectively. And given the context of what I typed above, it's downright suspicious.

It's clear to most Paul supporters that there is both an agenda within the GOP and the mainstream media to ignore, marginalize, or attack Ron Paul and his supporters. You have to understand that it's predominantly the media that has painted this negative picture of Ron Paul supporters being naive kids picking fights with everyone else. It's smoke and mirrors, man.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join