It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Intervene, Arrest Ron Paul Backers at Missouri Caucus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yep I agree,,just the more intelligent people who knew the rules but didnt bend over and take one like you may have.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
IDEOTS!!!
film it in secret!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When reading news reports, please keep in mind that the local Missouri media is NOT getting this one right.

Be sure to read comments made after online news stories. I am seeing comments from people saying "I keep calling the media to correct them because I was there and no one will respond".

Also, the stories online keep mutating. I was about to post some articles from local places about the caucuses and they vanished from 10 AM to now.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Absolutely appalling

After being denied the right to peacefully assemble.. I am not surprised! Just disgusted even more. If "they" think they are going to be successful in the long run in stifling the people's voice then they are going to find it backfiring in their faces. Like the song goes ...all in all it's just another brick in the wall I know the corrupt fear us RP supporters.

silent whispers
FEAR THE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS THEY ARE TAKING THE COUNTRY BACK
Yeah be afraid.... be very afraid

Cha cha changes a comin

edit on 18-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
They should've followed the rules set forth by the chairman. No video recording devices allowed. This is why these Paulites are never going to amount to anything. Oh well, it's not like anyone can beat Obama anyway. He's done too much good for America to be replaced.

/TOA

Rules set forth by the Chairman? You mean the "temp" chairman who would not relinquish his seat to the "elected" chairman in defiance of not only a vote, but also agreed upon GOP caucus rules? The temp chairman that didn't have the power to make such rules? They should have followed him?

Paulites?

What should we call people that regurgitate MSM soundbytes, idioms, and catch phrases?

It's funny, how "name calling" isn't allowed on this site unless it's against Ron Paul supporters, then it's fair game.

I won't even touch the Obama doing good for the country comment...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am only going to comment on this one more time. TPTB want a totalitarian, fascist, one world order. It is their dream; they are fascist, one world activist's. They are not would be kings, but activist's.

Much like the fall of the Roman Republic, so to will the end of America be heralded with mass approval and celebration. Ask yourself as to what would happen to make people want and celebrate a fascist revolution(most likely military; star-ship troopers like one world gov)?

Therein is the answer to this. Hook,line and sinker. I am not going to comment on this anymore, there are more important things like living. Seriously, the point of life is to live, and you can't fix stupid.

The West is so filled with stupid, there is too much memento to stop the inevitable.
edit on 19-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

"I won't even touch the Obama doing good for the country comment..."

Your a better man than me, I just couldn't take it anymore!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I find it interesting that they are arresting these people, but not much was done to the people at those crazy town hall meetings that summer, where anger was flying just as high if not higher. And people were getting out of control at those, bringing their guns and everything.

Don't get me wrong, I got guns, but I would not bring them to a town hall meeting or protest. My guns are for protection and hunting.... not to show off to people that I can pack a gun.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

The changes are coming, but they are not going to be ones we hope to see. The winter of 2013 will be it. The freedoms in this country are in it's death throes. It's over. Even if Paul wins, we are done here. It's best we prepare for it rather than be surprised. Too many laws have been passed in the last decade to turn this ship around now.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

A secret report distributed by the Missouri Information Analysis Center lists Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag and equates them with radical race hate groups and terrorists. This is merely the latest example in an alarming trend which confirms that law enforcement across the country is being trained that American citizens are a dangerous enemy. A copy of the MIAC report was sent to us by two Missouri police officers who were concerned by its content.

Perhaps the Ron Paul supporters did not know they were terrorists?

If no one has read this article in its entirety they might enjoy to read it now.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

The changes are coming, but they are not going to be ones we hope to see. The winter of 2013 will be it. The freedoms in this country are in it's death throes. It's over. Even if Paul wins, we are done here. It's best we prepare for it rather than be surprised. Too many laws have been passed in the last decade to turn this ship around now.

All these new laws can be repealed for being unconstitutional if you can ever elect leaders who are not bought and paid for.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
reply to post by ComeFindMe

Yeah, because Paul supporters are totally known to silence others' right to a fair election.

If you can't see the shenanigans, it's obvious that it's because you refuse to.
edit on 3/18/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

You do realise that the exact same statement could be equally applicable to you?

Ron Paul is not as popular a candidate as Romney or Santorum. From virtually every poll, vote, count, this is the factual statement that can be concluded. Ron Paul supporters, as further evidenced by this episode, are simply acting in the manner in which many minority groups do. I call it the desperation grab. Its essentially clutching at every possible straw in the hope that eventually, you will hit onto something that gives you a suitable platform to be aggrieved upon.

The man himself has been done a disservice by those marginal, mainstream haters who have hijacked his bid for presidency and warped his own agenda to suit their own.

It's a real shame.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

reply to post by ComeFindMe

Yeah, because Paul supporters are totally known to silence others' right to a fair election.

If you can't see the shenanigans, it's obvious that it's because you refuse to.
edit on 3/18/2012 by DISINFORMANT because: (no reason given)

You do realise that the exact same statement could be equally applicable to you?

Ron Paul is not as popular a candidate as Romney or Santorum. From virtually every poll, vote, count, this is the factual statement that can be concluded. Ron Paul supporters, as further evidenced by this episode, are simply acting in the manner in which many minority groups do. I call it the desperation grab. Its essentially clutching at every possible straw in the hope that eventually, you will hit onto something that gives you a suitable platform to be aggrieved upon.

The man himself has been done a disservice by those marginal, mainstream haters who have hijacked his bid for presidency and warped his own agenda to suit their own.

It's a real shame.

I never said Ron was in first place, or that he's the most popular candidate... Even if attendance numbers at his rallies would indicate a huge base of support. You're correct though, for some reason every non-internet poll shows either Romney or Santorum as winner. You want a cookie?

You call demanding a fair and accurate vote count to be a "desperation grab"? I think this statement speaks for itself.

Quick! Keep building. Your Iron cage is still missing a few bars..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I never said Ron was in first place, or that he's the most popular candidate... Even if attendance numbers at his rallies would indicate a huge base of support. You're correct though, for some reason every non-internet poll shows either Romney or Santorum as winner. You want a cookie?

You call demanding a fair and accurate vote count to be a "desperation grab"? I think this statement speaks for itself.

Quick! Keep building. Your Iron cage is still missing a few bars..

Hilarious. That's evidently not what I said - if you read my posts, you would see that I made clear that allowing one partie's voters to film the proceedings would clearly not be acceptable as an impartial method of observation.

If Ron Paul voters wanted a fair and accurate vote, why did they break the voting regulations by using a video camera?

It's self-evident that everyone wants a fair and accurate vote, or people wouldnt bother turning up to vote in the first place. The discussion relates to the treatment of Paul supporters who recorded proceedings. This is against the rules in place. The actions taken were therefore appropriate. Those who feel otherwise are evidently not making an objective assessment of the situation as a whole.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Who do Paul supporters think they are? Their delusion will lead to a murder eventually.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Who do Paul supporters think they are? Their delusion will lead to a murder eventually.

You sir, are a professional troll!

Troll Avatar : Check
One Liner : Check
No Explaination For One Liner : Check
A Question Mark On A Idiotic Question Everyone Knows The Answer To : Check

The amount of trolling for Ron Paul is unfathomable. Its like, you know your wrong,
and yet you continue to say and do the same things and expect different outcomes.
True definition of crazy. You can't break the bond...Its impossible. Their not voting
for anyone else no matter how hard you try.

Ron Paul Score = Infinity
Every other politician = 0

Also, the supporters broke no laws.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Funny, the GOP didn't even let the parliamentarian in (that the Ron Paul supporters hired).

The entire St. Charles, Missouri caucus proceedings

35 minute interview with Brent Strattford, the Ron Paul supporter arrested for continuing the nominations outside?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

lol

The Missouri GOP apologized for this falter, how about taking a stab at the ATS slogan? Deny ignorance ring a bell?

Any moderators going to do something about actual TROLLS?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is this happening in Russia or the US?

The ABCNEWS’ description of what happened at the caucus is a total distortion, and in conclusion a devious lie. The caucus’ real and only problem was the blatant disregard of rules by the temporary chairman Eugene Dokes. Here’s what actually happened.

One of the forum comments: "This is a joke, right? They probably had cameras to keep the process democratic. Ever hear what happened to Paul supporters in Nevada during the 2008 cycle? The establishment republicans couldn’t win so they shut off the lights and cancelled the caucus.. As it was taking place. This is really no different. Some democracy we have here in the states amirite?"
edit on 19-3-2012 by giugliot because: to add

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The caucus system is more of a Republican (Constitional Republic) system than it is a democratic system.

It was adopted by the founding fathers to prevent minorities from being taken advantage of by democratic rule (the mob).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join