It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous has just released its own operating system: Anonymous-OS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

12,861 Downloads this week ?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This has actually been out for a while now, and by "out" i mean sucking hard.

kaos.to...
2006 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards

4 Comments
March 15th, 2006 by dr.kaos

Just found out yesterday (by accident, go figure) that Anonym.OS is nominated to be nominated for the 2006 SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards! Woot!

If you’ve downloaded, used and enjoyed Anonym.OS (or haven’t, but love the idea), please take a few moments to go to the SourceForge page and vote for us in the Security category! Nominations close today, so please take a few minutes to go there now!

edit on 15-3-2012 by OMG 1337 Anonymous HACKSORZ because: lulz

edit on 15-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Seems they are releasing a lot of security advisories about this version of Ubuntu 11.10. Holes in the software that can be easily hacked. Then Anonymous OS comes out?

packetstormsecurity.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

What about 12.04, is that a safer bet? I am about to install and try ubuntu again this weekend, what version should I shoot for?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This is the stupidest creation since their crappy computerized voice in their videos. I still can't make out half of what they are saying.

Who would download an OS developed by hackers?

Linux.

Peace

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Since anonymous is most likely a construct of the three-letter underworld, I'll pass on installing that OS.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but its probably a lot safer than all the MS stuff thats filled with backdoors.

But I still wouldnt try it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

This is the stupidest creation since their crappy computerized voice in their videos. I still can't make out half of what they are saying.

I really dont think that the "market" for this OS is people switching from Windows

It's likely an OS from hackers FOR hackers, with all the tools required to hack etc..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Not going anywhere near that thing, who knows what all is laced in that.
edit on 15-3-2012 by AvireX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

I really dont think that the "market" for this OS is people switching from Windows

It's likely an OS from hackers FOR hackers, with all the tools required to hack etc..

its Ubuntu based, not Debian based, so Id say its not for seasoned command line ninjas, more for the "Intro to linux" crowd... I imagine many liveDVDs floating around campuses across the globe. so glad I dont work in Higher-Ed IT department anymore.

"package managers will give you brain damage".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
looks safer than microsoft for me.
do you know how much information going to microsoft while your computer idle?
do you remember 'network lights (2 monitor icon) near clock on task bar? there is no light on windows 7 and you cannot see if computer cominicating another computer.. so whos trusting microsoft?

edit on 3/15/12 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
NSA wrote the Linux security kernel or something in the kernel. Is that part open source as well? If the user wanted to rewrite it?

If Anonymous isn't a government front, then they would have to rewite the NSA part and keep it invisible.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is old news, or should I say plagerism??

I used an operating system a few years ago called AnonymOS.

Here is a link for your benefit:

Anonym-OS

Personally, I did not like it. Backtrack has always been the best network security OS, or your own customizable OS (aslong as its based on UNIX or Linux).

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The head of lulzec turned fbi and people are going to trust anon with something like this?

and then of course there are all those who wanted to help anon. and what happened them?

Anonymous Attack Tool Infects Its Own Users With Zeus Trojan

www.it-networks.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Well it would be insane to install this os. Even a well versed linux user would have a hard time spotting something nefarious built into the OS from the ground up.

Scenario A: honeypot, it's a trap set by law enforcement

Scenario B: Anonpot, it's a trap set by anon to milk you into installing their trojan os so they can bot your machine, infect any others on your network, and use you in a botnet for DDoS attacks.

Scenario C: Highly unlikely, anon releases exactly what this purports to be.

Just look at the track record of Anonymous, you know, the guys fighting to protect YOUR rights... You know, like when they hacked the PSN causing weeks of downtime for legitimate users, then stole your account and credit/bank card information? How about how they continually threaten facebook, a social network that, while being inherently evil, allows people to flash mob, organize, and support protests and political action.

Now, think about what they are doing, and also how. They do it using botnets. They need machines for this, the more the better. It's tough to spread a piece of malware, instead, you want the user to install it themselves.

Be careful with this one people

==

If you want a linux os built to test network and website security, get backtrack.

It's a linux distro you can run live, has all of the penetration and security testing apps you could want, and is 100% safe (if you get it from THEM not some random web link). THAT os I can testify to being great, I used backtrack 3 or 4 for home network penetration testing. About 15 minutes of reading about the apps and commands used, I was testing my own wifi network against brute force attacks. Within 3 days of playing with it I had penetrated several WEP protected networks and a WPA protected network.

I believe the newest version also includes sql injection tests and other software and scripts to test various types of security.

edit on 15-3-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

I read anything after backtrack 4 r2 has been backdoor'd

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Me?

Who knows? Maybe they've got something Microsoft doesn't have?
edit on 15-3-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Rumor has it that has built in trojans that can secretly make your computer a zombie to do their bidding from afar. Something about low level data packets being sent to a larger mainframe so it can avoid detection. The mainframe acts like a capacitor and then goes off like a bomb in an attack.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

I think you missed the point. It's brilliant.
It is not for the majority, and I am not going to pretend like I will be using it.
If I was confident enough it was/i could make it a safer alternative to windows I would.
I can promise you, even if it's a backdoor opening your computer to every member of anon, your stuff is still available to less people than with windows or mac os.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join