It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald trumps Sons hunting photos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow very nice, thanks for the great pics.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

We also use our brains to concoct ways to torture, rape, and kill humans in the most agonizing of ways. That doesn't mean we should just accept it as "part of nature."

ETA: The difference is, no animal can ever escape a bullet.

edit on 14-3-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by wrecksrme
I like to hunt myself and the meat goes in my freezer. I read that they donated the meat to some locals in need. I say good for them.

Yeah, but who eats big spotted cats?

I'm sure the Chinese do...as well as regular cats and dogs....
edit on 14-3-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As an avid hunter and biologist myself, I don't see the issue here...these men pay thousands of dollars to hunt exotic game and this money goes to the local conservation agencies as well as the local villages. In most cases, the meat is donated to the villages as well, feeding starving families and children. Before you condem them, take a moment to realize that they are providing just as much, if not more, then they are depriving.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

That is that air of superiority I was talking about.... You assume because I hunt, that I don't do anything to better the world?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My only problem with this is that I find it hard to understand the heroic feeling that comes from finding an animal resting somewhere and shooting it. Now had they wrestled these things down bear handed I might have more of an opinion I guess. Eric gives the me the creeps.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I would rather take a bullet, than die by an animal predator. Even if an animal escapes a predator attack, it will die soon after. And not a quick death usually. Nature is brutal, a lot more brutal than human hunters. A lot of animals play with their food.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Make them eat every animal that they kill...I bet that would knock the smiles off of their faces.

Probably not though ....their bloated sense of entitlement probably keeps them giddy all of the time.

Peace

I am not opposed to hunting for food.
edit on 15-3-2012 by spav5 because: wrong use of since : )

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I love the comments that run like this: "hunting with a rifle is easy. anyone can do it."

And the perennial favorite: "It's ok to hunt for food, but if they enjoy it, they are horrible and wrong."

The staunchest opponents of hunting seem to be the people who never venture off the sidewalk, or away from the security lights.

I hunt. I enjoy it. I eat most of what I kill. (I don't eat the Texas feral hogs---I shoot them for destroying deer habitat. And since their meat isn't finished out it doesn't really look like the ham we are used to. But they kill fawns and lambs).

In the real world (not video games), in a dynamic situation with an animal traveling in a pride or bevy or harem, the females act as lookouts for the male. And the male keeps mobile. Unlike what you've seen in video games, you may only see your quarry for 4 or 5 seconds as it moves along a trail in the distance. And it takes incredible self control to wait for the best moment, at the risk of not getting off any shot at all.

I bow hunt as well as rifle hunt for deer. I rifle hunt because I can't fill out my tag during archery season. I come back during rifle and get the freezer meat for my family. I don't hunt from pre-manufactured blinds; though I will cut small branches and create one for a day or two's use, especially for bow-hunting. I prefer to glass and stalk. My idea of odor control is to stay downwind.

I don't have any animal heads hanging in my house. I eat the venison I shoot.

I also enjoy it supremely.

There is no match for the moment when you realize that the buck knows you're there and begins skirting your perimeter. Suddenly you're moving to try to find a shooting lane where you can get a shot, and he knows what you're doing, but he doesn't bolt so he won't give away his exact location. You don't run either, so he cannot hear your footfalls. And the two of you are using everything you have; every muscle, every brain cell, every drop of sweat, every breath you hold while maintaining total silence, to work your will against the other.

i am never so alive as I am in that moment. And I think the buck feels it too. I have had more than one, skirt around me 180 degrees, which meant he continued being in my presence when he had already smellt me and knew I was in predator mode. But he wanted to know what I was capable of. Twice such a buck got away, and one did not.

My trophy is the memory of that hunt. I enjoyed the hell out of that hunt. I have relived it in my mind's eye dozens of times. I can see why some indians thought of the afterlife as the "happy hunting grounds." I also enjoyed the almost 80 lbs. of dressed out meat from that buck--- a monster buck in my area

I enjoy my hunt. Does that make me evil?

I bet I got more out of my best hunt than the trump brat did out of his. But who am I to say? And is it wrong if I enjoy it? I worked on the killing floor of a meatpacking plant when I was young. Those guys hated the work. Did that make the animal killing of a thousand cows ok, because they disliked the work, but me killing a single buck to feed my wife and kids a wrong thing because it was one of the highlights of my life? If my enjoying hunting is ok, why is little trump enjoying his hunt wrong? Is it because he is rich? Is the problem here actually that he is wrong for being rich?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

It makes you weird in my opinion. I couldn't imagine enjoy killing something. It's just creepy to me. Pretty much shows your lack of empathy for other species.

I have no problem with hunting if you are going to use the animal in a meaningful way but one should never take pleasure in killing something.

edit on 15-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You are also a city folk, am I right?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I have no problem with hunting if you are going to use the animal in a meaningful way but one should never take pleasure in killing something.

So, people should hunt because they hate it?

Or nobody should do it, because you have no interest in it....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I don't care what the animal is. If I set a mouse trap out and it gets killed I'm not going to gain pleasure off that. If I kill a spider in my house I'm not going to get pleasure from it.

It has nothing to do with personal interest or where I'm from

Kill to live, not live to kill. It has nothing to do with hating it, people getting off on killing animals is weird.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Not at all. If you hunt because of survival then there is a balance. Do you do so because your survival is dependent on it? If you hunt out of pleasure and because 'you can' then you are not doing your part in the world with what you have been given. There is no air of superiority here, just realism and accountability.

Clearly humans are filled with contradictions that they use to justify many deeds. I am no more or less guilty than you and the world at large. I merely recognize the truth of such wrong doing. I still think and believe that in the end there is a price to pay for all this. At least you feed your family with the living essence of ilfe and spread that to others.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by tovenar

It's just creepy to me. Pretty much shows your lack of empathy for other species.

I have total empathy with deer. I spend weeks studying them and their movements across the area I hunt. I time my hunt with the phase of the moon, with cold fronts coming through the area, anything at all that will increase the odds of me being in the right place at the right time.

I cannot tell you the sight of seeing starving deer last fall, after the worst drought in 70 years. You probably saw an article on the news and never gave it a second thought. I passed up at least 4 shots last fall, because my partners and I were working a plan, to try to save the heartiest specimens for the gene pool, to let them replenish the gene pool after the drought ends. We left windmills running, adding to our own costs, to try and help the local wildlife get through the drought.

I have plenty of empathy, and done more for the US deer population than you. And I pay $65 in fees annually, part of which is used to maintain their habitat.

What have you done? Where is your empathy---you who are so sure that mine is lacking?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Why does it have to be either or? For me it is both actually. I hunt because it puts food on my table, and I am good at hunting because I enjoy it.

There are times when I get too much meat to put in my meat locker. I spread the love to my family and community. The homeless shelter loves me when that happens, I tell them not to cook anything on saturday, and make a huge stew or something.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
My only problem with this is that I find it hard to understand the heroic feeling that comes from finding an animal resting somewhere and shooting it. Now had they wrestled these things down bear handed I might have more of an opinion I guess. Eric gives the me the creeps.

For them, it's not about the challenge of the hunt. It's because they are sick. They are obviously sociopaths (like their father). The real problem is that killing people is illegal (or I bet they would)..

The hunt should be about sustenance and having respect for the kill.. This is just sick.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The reason why I assumed you were a city folk, is because most city folk are not used to seeing their food in any other form than packaged product. It makes a lot of city folk uncomfortable any other way.

Country folk are used to seeing food in both live and dead form, both plants and animals. Two different mentalities, due to two totally different cultures.

Here, opening day schools do not even bother opening, most kids would not even show up if they did. A lot of us bring our kids with us opening day, it's tradition, even for a lot of the girls. Both my girls can shoot, and know how to catch and clean fish and rabbit so far. In a few years they will be going for larger game if they choose to.
edit on Thu, 15 Mar 2012 01:39:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

If you hunt because of survival then there is a balance. Do you do so because your survival is dependent on it? If you hunt out of pleasure and because 'you can' then you are not doing your part in the world with what you have been given.

What if it's both?

It is about survival. The last time I totalled the cost, the price of hunting worked out to about 75 cents per pound of venison in my fridge. While even the cheapest cuts of beef (not steak, which is what venison is) start in at about $5 per pound.

We had one year in the last 3 where my large family bought no beef from the grocery at all, because I had gotten my limit of game. How much was that worth? probably $2,500 or so. That begins to impact our survival. We aren't on food stamps, but would be if my wife loses her job.....

But if I happen to enjoy taking game, if I happen to enjoy securing food for my wife and kids and I, somehow that's a moral crime.

wow. Many contradictions indeed.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by relocator

the thing is, with this line of thinking (from the article you posted) it states that they're killing them for their own good, becasue their are too many of them and they're destroying their own habitats. Well, aren't humans doing the exact same thing? We deplete everything we come into contact with, we eat everything in sight and then some more. Our homes and the space we use for our homes are encroaching on the wildlife habitats of other animals. When can i start shooting humans to help them so that we don't all starve to death?

Oh, so well said!

I'm not an aggressive person, but I'm angry enough to join into a hunting party to erradicate this human scourge.

That leopard, that elephant, and all the other wild animals that those cowards killed......all of them had a family...!

That frump, Trump and his dispicable family.....non of them deserve to exist on this Earth.

I would be so ready to kill these criminal human predators, in a heart beat....without any remorse.

Just show me the gun.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join