It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker caught on tape?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

NAVAJO SKINWALKER CAUGHT ON TAPE

National Geographic’s NAVAJO COPS series has captured the sounds and VIDEO of a mysterious Bigfoot-like creature that the local Navajo call “The Howler.”

NAVAJO COPS’ premier episode showed the reservation’s tribal police force investigating reports of a mysterious sounds from a creature called “The Howler.” Some on the reservation claimed the howling came from a Bigfoot, others said it was a Skinwalker – a malevolent, werewolf-like Navajo spirit made famous in Tony Hillerman’s novels.

In the upcoming NAVAJO COPS episode called “Eyes of the Howler,” officers pursue reports of the creature deep into the back-country, where a SWAT team encounters the disturbing howls (caught on audio) and track the noise to a cave – where video reveals a disturbing set of red-rimmed eyes…

The Navajo Nation police department makes it a policy to investigate supernatural encounters… though “Eyes of the Howler” episode has the best video and audio evidence of the mysterious being.

You can see and hear some of the best evidence of this Navajo version of Bigfoot on NAVAJO COPS – “Eyes of the Howler,” National Geographic Channel, Monday March 19, 10 pm.

Further details are coming in…this from an individual involved: “I’m supervising producer on the series. I wasn’t with the crew that shot the Howler footage… but I can tell you that cameramen and producers were thoroughly spooked. Not only did they hear the weird howling -which freaked them out – they all saw this pair of eyes watching them from a small cave… and the eyes disappeared by the time the police arrived there. I don’t know how to explain the phenomena (and there may be dozens of ‘ordinary’ explanations) but I do know that the traditional Navajo officers were convinced they had encountered, heard and seen a Skinwalker, with the results caught on tape.”

Here is how the program is being promoted on the NatGeo schedule site:

“10:00 PM to 11:00 PM Navajo Cops: Eyes of the Howler
“Navajo Police Officers mount a new hunt for The Howler a mysterious creature believed to have killed dogs and livestock. Some of the elders in the community suspect it might be a Skinwalker, while others insist that its the Navajo version of Bigfoot. As they sweep through a remote canyon, the heavily-armed cops actually hear the chilling sound caught on tape and they think its coming from a cave high in the cliffs. Have they finally tracked down the elusive Howler?”

www.cryptomundo.com...

Im interested to see the footage, but from what i've read in the article all they were able to film was howling and a pair of red eyes. Not sure how they figured it was a "Skinwalker"

Ill wait until the footage is released, but for now im pretty skeptical.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sounds very cool I want to see the footage.

My sister dated a Navajo and he totally believed in skinwalkers. He explained them as being more like a witch doctor who turned evil. He was afraid of them he didn't like going out into the desert at night.
edit on 13-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wolf eyes are red at night....coyotes too.......foxes maybe but theyare small.....
id say wolf.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Sensationalism gets viewers. No skinwalkers, but a ratings boost for sure!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The quote from the producer was a solid PR touch!

I'm assuming the video was shot at night. Which means the cameras had to be using infrared. Which means you wouldn't be able to see that the eyes were red.

edit on 14-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Can you say marketing ploy?
National geographic used to professional and dignified.
Now they're peddling bigfoot tales for a few extra viewers.
Sad.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My wife is Navajo, and I can assure she most certainly believes Skinwalkers are real. She says the are basically witches that will change into wolves/coyotes to get close to a residence to either procure personal effects or plant items to perform black magic.

Many Navajo's are very careful to not discard personal items where others can gain access to them. My wife will never even throw hair away in the trash, it all gets flushed. All this and we live 5 states away from the rez.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The thing that gets me about these shows.....

I used to watch every single one, multiple times, every time it aired, record it watch it again.
I couldnt get enough of it...

If these was anything with a crytpid, alien, ufo, ghost, you name it, I was tuning in. Without a doubt.

Then I realized something, if someone actually found solid, definitive, un deniable, undebunkable proof of any of these, we surely would have heard about it at the time, not months later when the network decided to air the show.

So I continued watching with this knowledge, knowing that atthe very most, I would just get to see some compelling evidence, or maybe get to see a case that I previously only had very little knowledge of.

Now, I don't even tune in.

Bigfoot Hunters?!? 10 years ago I would not miss a single minute of a single show and everyone better leave me alone there! Now, have caught maybe a few minutes of some annoying guy continuously saying 'squatch.

ok i'll admit, smetimes i do tivo the shows and watch after eeryone's asleep....but stll my point stands.
I guess I am disillusioned.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, and just out of curiosity is this the pilot of this show? If so that seems a little sketchy.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't know but this all sounds too familiar, brothers. Didn't a TV show do the same thing not too long ago? Oh yes! it was that Deadliest Catch show! They created all this hype around their cadborosaurus footage then BAM! massive let down! The old grainy and blurred footage. Don't get your hopes up.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just did some light searching and couldn't find the episode up for viewing online yet. Perhaps someone might be able to find it through another source besides youtube and google? It's been less than 24hrs since the episode came out though, maybe I should give it some time

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Found this on Youtube, I think this is it. Hopefully the whole episode will be up somewhere sometime.

Navajo Cops - Eyes of the Howler clip

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

Thanks for posting this.

Here's a Cryptomundo article on it.

www.cryptomundo.com...

It appears to be re-airing three times soon.

Saturday, March 24 @ 6:00 PM Central
Sunday, March 25 @ 1:00 AM Central
Monday, March 26 @ 5:00 PM Central

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

those eyes in that hole could be many things dog wolf etc etc what makes it a skinwalker

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Not sure about the eyes - could be anything, but the sound is WEIRD.

Interesting things, skinwalkers. I have heard, the witch connection before. Can't blame a person being careful around such people, and if they are into some black magic, who knows? Maybe they could change, as some sort of possession or something.

That sound, though.....doesn't sound like ANY BF recording I ever heard, and I have listened to a lot of those. That was bizarre. Wonder why, if they had the eyes, they didn't shoot? Certainly not a person.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Chiming in a wee late on this one but just saw this footage, missed it when it first came out. Know a great deal on the subject of skinwalkers. Interesting things about this footage is that it was apparently alone--usually they are not alone but this one was. The howl was mournful and not like a coyote or a wolf in the slightest. Heard plenty of those rabble rousers out there. The eyes would match the reports of fundal glow. that are common with skinwalkers. The most notable thing was the smell though--one of the officers said that it smelled like an old billy goat. I've never smelled one of those but skinwalkers have a very distinctive and strong odor about them. Usually smells like something died. A cop would know what death smelled like so that is something that, to me, points towards it not being a skinwalker or, at least, if it were, an uncharacteristically clean one or one without its skin. Skinwalkers do abandon their own when they are injured and will abandon them where they lie, stripping them of their skin (costume--not actual) and other acoutrements. If it were, in fact, a skinwalker (quite possible), then they would still have a foul smell but it would be more animal like than decay if they were away from their goos and furs for a while. It would be similar to the reported odors that feral children carry on them. Most telling of all, however, was the fact that the Navajo cop didn't enter the cave. Only an idiot would enter a skinwalker's cave no matter what gear they had on and with them. Skinwalkers work with poisons.

And that's all I'm saying on the subject.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Very interesting, but i find The legend of The Dog Man more interesting. Btw, there's a pic i found supposed taken in 1961, it looks pretty real:

I don't know of any witness reports on skin walkers outside the legends of the native Americans. Do people have reports om that? lol;

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

Hard not to talk about them. Without getting into much detail, there are still reports of skinwalker activity on the reservation and its surrounding environs. The quality of reports varies in regards to what distance they were seen at and other conditions. They are masters at emulating animals and can be quite convincing when beheld. It takes them standing up like a human, at times, for the eye to full recognize that they are not the animal they are purporting themselves to be. They are most definitely still around. It's been taboo to discuss the subject outside of the tribe (and even within) for decades so usually the reports you may find tend to be coming from tourists that spotted one. That's been changing over the last few years as the awareness that they are not supernatural beings has been growing. To see a skinwalker is to blow your mind in all honesty and a good number of Navajo had not seen one themselves (probably 1 in 4 have seen one). Easy to understand that much of about what they are is based on fear and hype. However, what they actually use is artifice to become the animals. A horse-man will use stilts for the front legs, leaving broken holes in the clay behind them as their tracks from the weight on the stilts. They were also previously held as being one of the most traditional aspects of Navajo culture although they were excommunicated from the tribe over a hundred years ago. The views of them being extremely traditional and supernatural have probably irrevocably changed since the discovery and photos of a possible skinwalker skin were taken. Here's one of those photos:

Those that had a better understanding due to a higher number of experiences with them understood the fact that they were costumed but remain silent on the subject for fear of worsening the issues between the family and the skinwalkers. They will threaten those that talk too much or threaten those who have family in the area. Not all skinwalkers are cave dwellers. Some are recruits that have internet access and they do make good on their threats. However, with the reveal of the above picture and the above video, they probably have their hands far too full now to make good on them. That video is really quite remarkable to me because it is such a huge change in how they are regarded. Previously, calling the police to report skinwalker activity was just something you didn't do. The police would be unlikely to come out of fear. That video is of Navajo policemen actually tracking what they had to know was possibly a skinwalker all the way up to a cave (they will use caves as hideouts/dens). That just blows me away because it is a massive attitude change towards them. I cannot emphasize that enough. My only thought on how this change came about was the realization and greater awareness that they are actually human and the awareness of their being deeply traditional have eroded on a large scale. It doesn't take much to comprehend from that above image that they are NOT traditional anymore as the head is paper mache and the rotted skin is a filled in patch shored up by felt cut by craft scissors. They are still highly dangerous though--make no mistake of that.

More images of the same skinwalker skin. It was purportedly very foul smelling and was left abandoned where it was found. It was offered to an university professor but the offer was declined because of the potential poisons on it:

i.imgur.com...
imgur.com...

edit on 7/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: added links, changed to add html to first link

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I remember seeing this online a couple weeks ago, and I have to say it was chilling!
They blink, you can see them move out from behind the rock and (maybe this is just me) but you can sort of make out the shape of a head and shoulders.

I don't know too much about the skinwalker legends because, honestly, they give me the shivers, but whatever it was in that cave is something that I'd have loved to see.

Regarding the attitude towards things like that in the community; I hope that it wasn't simply a case of the officer's courage being bolstered by the presence of the cameras, and that they will instead be a bit more intent on finding whatever this 'Howler' is/was and revealing it to the world!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

those eyes in that hole could be many things dog wolf etc etc what makes it a skinwalker

The eyes are set too far apart to be those of a wolf or dog. And don't you think Navajo Indian policemen could tell the difference between the howler sound and the cry of a coyote, dog or wolf? Of course! They said categorically that the sound was NOT that of a wolf, etc.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join