It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gigantic Triangle-Shaped coronal hole in the Sun. Today's images from NASA SDO. Any explanations??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What does it matter if there is a triangle shaped blot on the sun?
I don't get what you people are freaking out about at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

im right there with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I want someone who is freaking out to please explain why they are.

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I ''think'' or have ''thought'' that the reason these soho images of 'ufo's or whatever you all like to call them, are turning down the sun or slowing it down for us maybe... and the shadow that is appearing might be the result of all the experiments they are doing on it for earth. to maybe prevent it from going into supernova or somthing... just sayin
dont hate me , im just adding my opinion to why we are seeing that... a possibility...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by electriclollypop

not a problem thanks for letting us know.

but FYI \our sun is to small to super nova. not enough reaction and gravity.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
thanks
.. or maybe to stop it from getting hotter then.... hehe

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

i know what you mean. the size of the earth compaired to the sun. if earth were made of chain reacting uranium. and shot into the sun. i dont even thing the sun would burp. we are a type 0. we cant even control our earth and its functions.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

we are more likely to move the earth back than cool the sun.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'd sure like to note a couple quick things here. First, we really have no way of knowing if this is something new, different or just an event that happens from time to time. It's only been the last few years that NASA and the human race in general has had this level and resolution of observation on the Sun. It's definitely a new thing for Earth to see the Sun from all sides at once. Very knew in fact.

This is all SO new.....I recall people on this very site, speculating that all this new Sun watching capability as 2012 approached wasn't entirely coincidence.

Regardless, this may or may not be normal and it may or may not be something to worry about. I'll need more to get more excited than a passing interest. What this DOES do is remind me how tiny we really are compared to the gigantic forces in motion around us all the time. I've NEVER seen a contiguous feature on the Sun of that size before and just a tiny fraction of one corner would fit Earth.

Finally, many people have predicted weird and notable things would start in 2010/2011 and pickup in severity and strength as 2012 broke and unfolded. Whatever the cause and wherever the source, those predictions would seem to be accurate enough in a general sense. I'm not surprised by this and I expect we'll see more of a 'new' (to us anyway) and baffling nature as the year goes on.

Hang on guys... Here we gooooooooooo!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Text Any explanations??,

>It's the 13th sign<

Then will come one of the biggest car pile ups in the history of some state and

then some building will be taken over and then...snow..and the locust.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd sure like to note a couple quick things here. First, we really have no way of knowing if this is something new, different or just an event that happens from time to time.

Yes we have, google coronal hole pic, this is the very first to show up,

Look, its a triangle and a circle!

So upon the first google search it becomes completely clear that it is nothing out of the ordinairy.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse1111
Tonight Venus, Jupiter, and Mars will form a triangle in the night sky. I am sure it is all a coincidence (yeah, right).

[snip]

Venus, Jupiter and Mars always form a triangle.

Any 3 points always form a triangle.
edit on 13/3/12 by masqua because: removed personl attack

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The triangle on the far left looks like its smiling at us haha happy sun happy happy sun im going to destroy the earth now

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Why thank you. I appreicate that. I was refering to the fact it's been out there in Space, burning away like clockwork for a few billion years and we've actually had eyes on it for all of maybe 10 of those billions of years with instruments capable of this precision. 30-40 years with modern technology of any kind....

Now I'd assume the good people I've seen downright nervous and borderline disturbed by this enormous feature on our Sun's surface googled..and saw some of the other images. Indeed...and I figure if they did, they were about as unimpressed as I was in taking that to mean this is just perfectly normal and a case of 'nothing to see here...move along now'.

Maybe it's nothing... Maybe it's a warning sign we're being foolish not to alert far more on. I hope it's the former and I've yet to see anyone, anywhere in the Space or Science sites say the latter isn't possible as well. We'll learn together as the year moves on.
edit on Tue Mar 13 2012 by Jbird because: replaced large quote

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

legendary post sir. exactly the example i was trying to think of, you have fought valiantly and any logical and objectively thinking person will agree that you are undoubtedly victorious in your debunk.

Really? Not a fan of Phage here, but all he did with his different imagery is show that there wasn´t a triangle on the surface or beneath the ``cloud`` cover, and rightfully so. His first post was stupid though.

The people that are drawing lines to make it look like a perfect triangle are the ones that are using false images to prove a point.
edit on 13-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
helioviewer.org...

here you can see it without the filter. (just type in the date) you can also watch a movie on that site..and see how it changes..i dont have time for it now because the upload time is 50 minutes..

edit on 13-3-2012 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join