It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creative Proposal Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Okay, so, I need super creative but not-too-flashy proposal ideas. I don't want anything cliche, so please don't tell me on the deck of a cruise ship at sunset heading to Hawaii. Or on the beach at sunset in Hawaii. Or anything having to do with Hawaii. Your assistance is much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Swanky restaurant, dressed well, surprise meal, fine wine and soft music in the background. What about a Hawaiian restaurant? Sorry, couldn't resist. Scrub the Hawaiian restaurant but do take her somewhere special and a little more expensive than usual. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Act like you're going to break up with her, then at the last moment propose to her, with a big smile. This could be dragged out for days. Hey, you might even learn about how she acts under pressure in your relationship. Maybe you'll end up not marrying her

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Do you guys have any activities you do together? Skiing? Snowboarding? Kayaking? Deep sea fishing?

If you have something like that it might be cool to incorporate it into your proposal. Perhaps putting the ring in the appropriate finger-slot of her gloves, for example.. Just a thought.

Congratulations and best wishes!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I might try the break-up one or incorporating an activity or interest in to it.

Thanks for the ideas.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No, no breakup, that is a lOUSY idea.

First off, congrats.

Secondly, can you give me an idea on what your interests are? Her interests? And local if you don't mind?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A friend did the best propsal I ever heard of anyone actually ever doing. He and his now-wife live in the middle of a very busy city. He went out in the street and pitched a rock through her window, shattering it, in the middle of the day. (this was the only part I thought was stupid, in the sense that somebody could easily get hurt, but I still think its pretty intense.) She started shrieking and swearing and stuck her head out. He was on his knees in the middle of traffic at the busiest time in the day, holding up traffic, with about a million cars honking their horns, yelling, etc. He just started screaming over and over "MARRY ME! MARRY ME! MARRY ME!" She accepted, but he still got hauled in by the cops for public disturbance.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I like how my cousin was proposed too, he made her do a scavenger hunt all over the house, to a bedroom full of roses and candles and then proposed to her.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Secondly, can you give me an idea on what your interests are? Her interests? And local if you don't mind?

We have pretty lame interests, at least as far as any of this goes. I like things like politics, astronomy, meteorology, etc. Different forms of social and scientific topics, basically. She likes medical stuff. And what do you mean by local? Where do we live? We're in the Houston area. I hope this helps, but I doubt it will.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Those aren't lame interests! Give yourself some credit.

Too bad she isn't the one into astronomy. I would look for a nice place for a telescope in your area, and instead of pointing it at a star, have it pointing at a ring, or a message.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Houston we have a problem..........

Isn't the Johnson Space Center in Houston? I'm sure there must be some kind of indoor observatory around right?

If so, take her there some night ( I'm thinking of an old Friends episode where Ross took Rachel to an observatory) and have the projected stars foating overhead and see if someone can pipe in this song for you:

Then lean over and ask her if she has a defibulater handy. When she looks at you all wierd and asks why, pull the box with the ring out of a pocket and tell her that if she says no to the question you're about to ask it will break your heart.

You're into astronomy and she's into medical......it's a perfect fit.

Hope this helps buddy. Congratulations.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I like how my cousin was proposed too, he made her do a scavenger hunt all over the house, to a bedroom full of roses and candles and then proposed to her.

I did something very similar for my wife...

As for ideas...maybe check out the different flash mobs in your area? See if any would be interested? (there's even a show, hosted by Howie Mandel, that does this)...

If you aren't sure what it is, it's basically when all the people around you start busting out into a choreographed music and dance number, just like in a movie. Could be pretty moving in person, and certainly big...maybe too flashy for you though, but man, she'd remember it.

The sky-banner thing is always good, but pretty expensive (where a plane flies over with the message).

new topics

top topics

join