It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia lawmaker compares women to cows and pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Georgia lawmaker compares women to cows and pigs

While debating a State abortion bill in the Georgia House,
Republican Georgia state Rep. Terry England made reference to his own
experiences with farm animals.

He went on to somehow justify his thinking to support
a Georgia bill that would limit abortions to 20 weeks.

After that, an abortion would be illegal.

Republican Georgia state Rep. Terry England says that his experience with cows, pigs and chickens has proven to him that women should be forced to have their babies after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

In a debate over Georgia House Bill 954, which would ban abortions after 20 weeks even if the baby is not expected to live, England recalled the time he had spent with livestock.

“Life gives us many experiences,” he explained. “I’ve had the experience of delivering calves, dead and alive — delivering pigs, dead and alive. … It breaks our hearts to see those animals not make it.”

England continued: “You know a few years ago, I had a man come to me in our store, it was when we were debating, talking about dog and hog hunting, I believe, and at that point there was some language inserted in there that dealt with chicken fighting. And the young man called me to the side and he said, ‘I want to tell you one thing.’ And y’all, this is salt of the Earth people I’m talking about, someone I would have never in a hundred years expected to tell me what he told me that day.”

“He said, ‘Mr. Terry, I want to tell you something. You tell those folks down there when they quit killing babies, they can have every chicken I’ve got.’”

The story and a video !
Georgia lawmaker compares women to cows and pigs ?

Here's the ironic part:

House Bill 954 easily passed last week by a vote of 102-65.

Opponents have said that the so-called “fetal pain” bill would force women to carry stillborn fetuses or to have a Cesarean delivery. Doctors could also face 10 years in prison if they are involved in illegal abortions.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Alright.. I normally don't posts responses in threads about abortion (simply because they usually turn into flaming matches), but I can't help myself. Not only did he compare women to cows and pigs (he even mentioned illegal chicken fighting for some stupid #ing reason), But he belittles the intelligence of their doctors along with them.

Look, I'm not going to jump into the abortion debate because quite frankly my opinion means moot. But this guy isn't even making sense. No matter what his position on the issue is, saying that it's heart breaking to deliver a dead calf is not a good reason to make a law requiring women to carry to term a fetus if there are massive complications in doing so. The paint brush he is using is too wide. It's a problem I see a lot of.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Way to sensationalize. He's comparing the ENTIRE human species to animals, not just women. His main point of the comparison was to emphasize the birth of the babies themselves and the heartbreak when they don't make it.

The language in that article is disgusting and completely inaccurate as to what the man said.. No woman is 'forced' into a pregnancy unless she has been raped.
edit on 3/11/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join