It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Helicopter Tried To Kill My Son and I

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

It was most likely using the empty field to practice Autorotation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by amongus

apparently 20 minutes after this terrifying event

Ha ha. I missed that part. I was already highly skeptical and now am calling complete shenanigans. I think OP perhaps saw a low flying chopper and thought of a good story.

Yes. . .read my Edit to Add in my post. Sums up the BS the op is pulling.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Even with a transponder on and squawking 1200, if it was that low above the ground, and in the remote area (farmland) as the OP says, then it's likely no radar facility would have it on their screens. Depends on where she was, exactly, and what was nearby. I'm in the dark about those details.

But, that is certainly the FAA can help with, if they investigate it to that extent. Checking the tapes.

edit on Sat 10 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
So what time did this happen? What time did you contact the police? I wouldn't be surprised if the pilots came and apologized. Recklessly flying a machine that expensive (even the little ones are 60k + used) doesn't make sense. Add me to the list of people that think inexperience or issues with crew/mechanical functioning. I get uncomfortable close to helicopters (never even been that close) and if one was just buzzing a field I'd run away from it too. Possible that you were scared and the incident seemed more dangerous in your head than it really was? Not trying to discount what you saw and are feeling, just want to clear up the most reasonable explanations first. I think that there are 100 easier ways to kill someone that don't involve a helicopter.

It felt like I was threatened. Whoever it is is insane. If they came to my house, which I hope they do, I would slap them in the face and make them apologize to my three year old child.
thanks for the support

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Did you call any local airfields and report it? Any local flight schools? There are avenues to take.....

I just dont understand the huge leap to attempted murder....
edit on March 10th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

No, but she DID. . apparently 20 minutes after this terrifying event where she thought her and her children's lives were threatened. . .decide to start a thread on ATS that had to have taken at least ten minutes to type out.

THIS is NOT meant to troll. . .im just saying. For christs sake, being in front of my computer typing out a few paragraphs would be the last thing I'd do. I'd be checking with local airports, drive around and try to find the copter.

The other thing I dont understand is that the incident happened. The OP says "it happened about 20 minutes ago". But yet the police had time to come and take her statement in between the incident and her posting on ATS?

Sorry OP. . . some people make up stories to get stars and flags. Im not buying it.

You are so petrified, yet you post a thread on ATS shortly afterwards. I don't get it. . .but then again, maybe I'm wired differently.

Edit to add: Correction, the OP had time to run for her life, THEN get in her car and drive (where, how long). Then call 911. Then wait for the police to get there. Then give a statement. Then calm her kids down from this event. Then drive home because she had been out driving. Then log on to ATS (instead of calling friends or family, or doing ANY sort of local research FIRST) and posts a huge thread. Oh, all of this happened in 20 Minute time frame.

BS
edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

Jesus, really?
About twenty minutes. It seems fast to me. I was full of adrenaline. I didn't drive far because I got the cops on the line. Possibly more than twenty minutes, no more than forty. You want to question my honesty, fine, don't read the thread.

The first person I called was my mom while waiting on the cops. I didn't know who to tell, my best friend didn't answer. I got on Skype, immidiately asking if anyone was there. No one responded. I typed up the thread and posted it, set the links in Skype so when someone came in they could see what happened. The most relevant place to me to send information on really strange things is ATS, it's the first place I came to.
I didn't know where to start researching at first. After I got it out so everyone could read it at once, I started researching with the help of some very nice people on ATS. I can't reach anyone on the weekends.

That's all I have to say about that.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Helicopters are prohibitively expensive to own/maintain, so it was most likely not someone just screwing around or trying to harm you. What you most likely witnessed was training, and most likely by the military, police, or a rescue agency. As I showed above, it was most likely training on Autorotation, based on your description.

Autorotation is how a helicopter lands if there is an emergency where the engine loses power to drive the blades. The helicopter falls, allowing the windmilling of the blades to slow its decent.

They have to occasionally practice this, and often they will just pick some empty field to do it.

Heck, one day I was driving into work and saw a rescue helicopter flying up about 500 feet, then going nose down into the ground and pulling out at about 50 feet before hitting. I have no idea what he was training like that for, but its obviously some type of emergency decent practice.
edit on 3/10/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[snip]
You have got to be kidding me?!
I can't believe this guys, really?
I don't know why I post here anymore.
edit on 11-3-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Harsh.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
BULL#?!
You have got to be kidding me?!
I can't believe this guys, really?
I don't know why I post here anymore.

Calm down. I would hope you would be just as "inquisitive" of others posting a story such as this, especially with your 20 minute time frame.

Are we not supposed to Deny Ignorance? Well, when all we have are your words typed into a thread that, with your timeframe smells funny, then yes. I don't regret my post. 20 minutes, 40 minutes. . . ok.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt then, and I'm sorry you were shaken.

But if you read your story, it does sound a bit fishy.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Well time does fly when you're scared. I'll hold off on calling shenanigans for now I suppose. What time did this actually happen, and what time zone?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You want to question my honesty, fine, don't read the thread.

Because if people didn't question others honesty, ATS would be a cesspool. Nothing makes you more special than the next poster.

Just saying.

That being said, I'm in Domo's corner and calling off the dogs. If this happened, I am truly sorry.

edit on 10-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If I read my story its exactly what happened.
The time frame is off because I was incredibly shaken up, writing the post as quick as possible, and honestly dont know how much time passed EXACTLY.

It was probably twenty minutes from after talking to the cop to when I posted, to be more clear.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

You want to question my honesty, fine, don't read the thread.

Because if people didn't question others honesty, ATS would be a cesspool. Nothing makes you more special than the next poster.

Just saying.

If you go and read my threads I don't hang around posting bull crap in forums or telling lies. I'm just saying.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No pilot would use un unarmed helicopter to try and kill a person. They are too fragile, the blades are not like a blender's blades. Bumping into a person could mean death for the pilot.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It was probably twenty minutes from after talking to the cop to when I posted, to be more clear.

Makes much more sense. What time of day was it where you live? It might help with tracking someone down.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You guys who are calling this BS, need to knock it off...

I find nothing to be even remotely skeptical about in what the OP has written, and to someone who has not been around aviation, seeing helicopters do maneuvers such as auto-rotation practice probably seems more dangerous and threatening then it actually is.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
You guys who are calling this BS, need to knock it off...

I find nothing to be even remotely skeptical about in what the OP has written, and to someone who has not been around aviation, seeing helicopters do maneuvers such as auto-rotation practice probably seems more dangerous and threatening then it actually is.

Ok then. Can't be critical of inconsistencies in someone's original post? Thats all I was doing.

We need to knock off calling out people on their BS here on ATS?

I won't post on this thread anymore.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm just posting in support of Val, there's a few of us who know her off ATS, chat with her daily...for months. She is NOT the dramatic type in the least so back off that, please. Unless you're a parent who has ever been in mortal fear for your child's life than you can't relate to how shaken up she is. Show a little kindness and support ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Is it not possible to be skeptical without flipping over the line into being rude?
Sure be a skeptic, I am, but at least give the poster the benefit of the doubt. More often then not, people post the truth from their perspective. Sometimes they just lack the knowledge of how to interpret what they have experienced.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by amongus

Is it not possible to be skeptical without flipping over the line into being rude?
Sure be a skeptic, I am, but at least give the poster the benefit of the doubt. More often then not, people post the truth from their perspective. Sometimes they just lack the knowledge of how to interpret what they have experienced.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join