It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ONE IMAGE to sum up Kony

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Not Sorry, I do abide by blantant, harmful lies in headlines.
Part of my journalism training, I guess.

More Apt For Most Journalists Now, I'm Afraid!

To The OP: You can chalk something along the lines of what you present
down. They Fake scenarios to sway 'public' opinion in whichever direction
they choose. They got away with 9/11, (and 7/7, Norway, Tucson etc.) didn't they?
And if it ain't broke, Don't fix it!
(99%+ still believe that the whole thing was real, when it was fake as f**k!,
victims included! - I dare anyone to find even 1 homemade movie clip online
of any of the (mostly affluent) 3000 victims in familiar settings. All you get
are mostly obvious photoshopped, terrible quality, dodgy photographs!)

Just Imagine what they can do now in terms of Fakery technology!

What a bunch of dumb cattle we really are! (Sorry for being disrespectful to cattle!)

edit on 8-3-2012 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Any chance on a link to the original so we can share? Thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i cant actualy belive general butt naked is a real person

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So true.

However, intervening would just be clearing the way for another warlord to take his place of course. Stopping this cycle would only work if we could have a strong enough influence to have a permanent force policing every inch of the place.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by rival

Were you around and politically aware on september 10th, 2001?

Its quite amazing how many people never heard the name, Osama Bin Ladin until the following few days...like some monster just suddenly appeared.

Being aware of something is inconsequencial overall..its when things effect us is when we learn about them typically...and this guy theoretically shouldnt have effected us (the west)..and wouldn't have..if not for activists making things go viral.

I look at the hague's top lists of criminals against humanity and I don't know most of them...but when reading what they are wanted for, its amazing I haven't heard of them.

Kony is the top guy, but certainly not a unique monster.

No, I wasn't really politically aware until after 9/11. It's funny how age helps bring about political
awareness for us older guys who believe ourselves to be "good" Jedi on the right side of the
"force". And my lack of awareness of Kony is not a substantial claim to back a conspiracy
theory, or make an argument. But it does influence my opinion, and my gut tells me something
is fishy. I'll have to check to see if the Uganda area possesses any newly discovered resources or
is being considered for a pipeline and get back with you...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

edit on 8-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LacunA
reply to post by SaturnFX

So true.

However, intervening would just be clearing the way for another warlord to take his place of course. Stopping this cycle would only work if we could have a strong enough influence to have a permanent force policing every inch of the place.

We don't need that
We just need to give the locals the balls to start fighting against the smaller warlords before they flourish.
Right now, this dude has an army tens of thousands strong..take out the top and they will fraction off into local warring tribes really..and some will simply wither and die...at that point, their own government can gain a foothold and start methodically removing the sects one by one.

A blow of losing the leader of a movement by a superpower..especially when your movement has no ideals to support it, is often a deathblow. Like, what would happen if Jim Jones was sniped? chances are the whole group over there would have eventually just left and went on with life. Sure, some would attempt to take up the mantle, but no way it would survive, much less bring more into the fold.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LacunA

If the U.S sends troops after Kony, surely that means the U.S will have to be prepared to fire upon Kony's child army?

More like if the U.S. sends troops after Kony, it will be another episode in American history reminiscent of "The 10-Year Hunt for Bin Laden," unless we send troops in and they "miraculously" apprehend Kony right away......in which case it will be "How to Use a False Flag Humanitarian Mission to Get Elected."

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

I find Blackflagcafe from the comebackalive.com website to be pretty informative. Not so much traffic now as there was post 9-11 (it's moderated by Robert Young Pelton) but many people on it have been to those parts of the world.
I've read that site off and on since it was fieldingtravel back in the late 90s and never saw the name come up. Plenty about the LRA, etc. but not him specifically. Granted, I don't follow the site as closely as I used to either.

However, I was pretty alarmed by how fast my friends and relatives were posting this youtube doc. Something didn't sit right with me, so I didn't watch it and haven't shared it at all.

I worked in an area where news was manufactured for several years and it set my propaganda BS detector into red.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7

Any chance on a link to the original so we can share? Thanks in advance

Link to what original? That is the original picture, I did not modify it nor do I know who made it.
It's being posted all over Facebook.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Interesting.....I was just listening to a morning talk show on the radio and one of the hosts mentioned how fans were posting a bunch of "Kony crap" on their show's Facebook page. He said "I'm so tired of hearing that crap! IT'S A SCAM, PEOPLE!" LMAO!

Looks like some people are starting to come around a bit quicker these days. Maybe there's hope for us yet. LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This has been posted a ton of times, don't know why the mods allowed this. Get off reddit and look into some facts.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm just trying to find a way to share this on facebook because this is the only place that i can find it and when i do upload it, its way too small to even read. Any suggestions?

Sorry, i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This smacks of social media propaganda.

Who has an army of fake social media?

Invisible Children, Inc., who have been criticized by the Better Business Bureau for refusing to provide necessary information in the Bureau’s standards assessment. I

nvisible Children, Inc. has failed to disclose a list of sponsors (beyond the donations of American high school students), and has also earned a low rating in accountability from Charity Navigator because they won’t let their financials be independently audited. In a 2011 financial statement, the organization disclosed that only 31% of all the funds they receive are used for charitable purposes, with the majority allocated toward travel expenses and employee salaries.

Invisible Children has also been accused of fraud and voter manipulation in a recent charity contest sponsored by Chase Bank and Facebook.

The group’s Co-Founder and President, Laren Poole addressed the International Criminal Court in 2009 alongside Aryeh Neier, President of George Soros’ pro-war Open Society Institute.
www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
i cant actualy belive general butt naked is a real person

I wiki-ed this thinking "what ever, hes just being sarcastic"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You tube seems to have some people posting videos that promote an agenda. I wonder how much they are paid to be propaganda machines? I don't think I will watch them. They are not pushing these wars very well, they could be more covert about trying to sway public opinion.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

Off topic :
Where I used to work, orders from Uganda for multiple Razor Phones were countless.

Many African nations utilize US, Canadian & Australian credit card information to place fraudulent online orders.

Fraud is rampant; So, yeah, they probably even have better cell phones and internet enabled devices

than you (and I) too.

edit on 3·8·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You might just be right, OP

I've found the following, from Dr Adam Branch who is a professor living and working in Uganda right now.

dakinekristen.blogspot.com...

Critical Analysis of KONY 2012

Thursday, March 8, 2012
Email from Dr. Adam Branch in Response to KONY 2012.

I have not watched the video. As someone who has worked in and done research on the war in northern Uganda for over a decade, much of it with a local human rights organization based in Gulu, the Invisible Children organization and their videos have infuriated me to no end—I remember one sleepless night after I watched their “Rough Cut” film for the first time with a group of students, after which I tried to explain to the audience what was wrong with the film while on stage with one of the filmmakers.

My frustration with the group has largely reflected the concerns expressed so eloquently by those individuals who have been willing to bring the fury of Invisible Children’s true believers down upon themselves in order to point out what is wrong with what this group of young Americans is doing: the warmongering, the self-indulgence, the commercialization, the reductive and one-sided story they tell, their portrayal of Africans as helpless children in need of rescue by white Americans, and the fact that civilians in Uganda and central Africa may have to pay a steep price in their own lives so that a lot of young Americans can feel good about themselves, and a few can make good money. This, of course, is sickening, and I think that Kony 2012 is a case of Invisible Children having finally gone too far. They are now facing a backlash from people of conscience who refuse to abandon their capacity to think for themselves.

He makes the following bold claim Kony 2012 can be ignored.

Wait for it.....

First, because Invisible Children is a symptom, not a cause. It is an excuse that the US government has gladly adopted in order to help justify the expansion of their military presence in central Africa. Invisible Children are “useful idiots,” being used by those in the US government who seek to militarize Africa, to send more and more weapons and military aid, and to build the power of military rulers who are US allies. The hunt for Joseph Kony is the perfect excuse for this strategy—how often does the US government find millions of young Americans pleading that they intervene militarily in a place rich in oil and other resources? The US government would be pursuing this militarization with or without Invisible Children—Kony 2012 just makes it a bit easier. Therefore, it is the militarization we need to worry about, not Invisible Children.

Second, because in northern Uganda, people’s lives will be left untouched by this campaign, even if it were to achieve its stated objectives. This is not because things have entirely improved in the years since open fighting ended, but because the very serious problems people face today have little to do with Kony. The most significant problem people face is over land. Land speculators and so-called investors, many foreign, in collaboration with the Ugandan government and military, are trying to grab the land of the Acholi people, land that they were forced off of a decade ago when they were herded into camps. Another prominent problem is nodding disease—a deadly illness that has broken out among thousands of children who grew up in the government’s internment camps, subsisting on relief aid. Indeed, the problems people face today are the legacy of the camps, where over a million Acholi were forced to live, and die, for years by their own government. Today’s problems are the legacy of the government’s counterinsurgency, which received full support from the US government and international aid agencies.

edit on 8-3-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

I stand corrected - I just fished out my old copy of Dangerous Places by RYP and there is a mention of Kony leading the LRA. Funny, missed the name, though I'd heard of the group many times over the years.
They're basically a fundamentalist Christian (their own peculiar brand that is) terrorist group though I suspect the religous aspect of them probably receives less play in the media... That only seems to feature when it's Islamist radicals doing the nasty stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Try this one - the click to zoom works pretty well:

i.imgur.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join