It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

If you're going to copy and paste Wiki articles and pass them off as your own, be careful as that is plagiarism.You have, word for word, copied an entire paragraph and not attributed the source or quoted correctly.

Ironic, as if you had copied the next part of the paragraph, it would say this about BOEN (emphasis mine):

BOEN is a vehicle for governments and heads of state to (subject to approval from the Secretary of State) invest in UK companies, providing they undertake "not to influence the affairs of the company".[15][16] BOEN is no longer exempt from company law disclosure requirements.[17] Although a dormant company,[18] dormancy does not preclude a company actively operating as a nominee shareholder.[19] BOEN has two shareholders: the Bank of England, and the Secretary of the Bank of England.[20]

Also, BOEN doesn't own the BOE, but rather the other way around. BOEN is a subsidiary of BOE, which is wholly owned by HM Treasury.

Nice try, but ain't gonna fly.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
reply to post by nusnus

I think I know why. Bare with me on this.

As we know, our Russian "friends" are currently making money by selling arms to Syria and Iran, so could this be an attack on Russia's economy? If we (NATO) do go to war with both Iran AND Syria and remove the regimes then surely that would be an immediate halt to an trading between those two ME countries to Russia? Thus Russia losing out on some money.

Yes, Russia can make more money another way buuuut, we all know the cold war didn't really end, this would be a middle finger up to Russia.

Also another theory (Russia again), perhaps they want to see how Russia react? Perhaps America finally want rid off Russia? So invading the two countries would definately see how Russia react.

Failing that, its for the oil.

I honestly believe president Putin, would have no problem stepping up. Ex KGB, soviet spy an so on.
He himself "Putin" has not directly spoken to any British diplomat in over four years. Oh, an he just loves Cameron an Ozborn, Not... Really dont think relations is that great an they'll not get any better soon. Russia's rich in gas an oil too. It'll be us Brits that suffer at the petrol pumps as usual

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Iran trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, Cameron warns MPs

The guy is a TOOL and if left in power, will pose more of a threat to the UK than Iran could ever do.

What he should have said is:

"We need to get BP into Iran and also take control of their banking system asap, If we need to use military action to acheive this, then so be it."

I would like to think that the British public will not fall for his BS but as a very great man once said:

"Terrence, there's none so gullible as your average punter"

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

I hate to say it, but if you still believe he actually said those words, despite my efforts to the contrary, then it is not he who is the tool......

It's always a bit of a paradox on ATS. One minute, the "MSM" can't be trusted and everything they say is an effort to manipulate us, but when a headline jives with what we want to hear, then all of a sudden we believe everything they have to say.....

Bottom line is, Cameron never said "Iran is trying to build nuclear missiles capable of hitting London", what he said was Iran is developing long range missiles, which to be honest is stating the obvious. Even Iran is fairly open about their rocket programme and yes, they are building longer ranged and more capable missiles across the board.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How about we all quit the infighting and come to common ground? Divide and conquer is the MO of our adversaries. If we are not able to unite under one cause, we are finished as a people wherever we are! One thing that can be agreed upon in this forum is that we all feel as though the world we live in is not as it seems! I suggest that we all here DENY IGNORANCE put our petty differences aside and get to the business at identifying and dealing with our common enemy!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Semantics... Building inter continental rockets says the same thing.. New York, Paris, London, whats the difference with an icbm??..

The rhetoric is the same, and more than a little deja vu..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It isn't samantics and you're missing the point. Cameron didn't say the words which has got everyone on this thread up in arms.

Rather, he is actually telling the truth, unlike Blair and his "45 minute" claim. He simply said Iran is developing longer range rockets, even the Iranians say as much! They're always showing off their newest missile. He never once claimed they "were trying to build missiles capable of hitting London", that is what the Daily Mail (and the other tabloid rags) has come up with.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Stu;
My post was in response to the OP,
no need to insinuate that I am a tool.
My wife can do that perfectly well.
good day sir,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This Iran BS again??

OP, I pray for you for spreading this disinfo, people like you will see what I mean at the end of the day. No pictures. No proof. Just another MSM (cabal approved) lie spread to the masses (zombie obeying slaves). Honestly, is it me or is everyone on this side of the world incredibly naive...

Smartin up!!

Peace.
edit on 7-3-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
More fear mongering to draw us into war. This is as absurd as the WMD mobile labs that Iraq supposedly had, or the drones Saddam was going to use against the US!

Iran and Middle East-based extremist groups are stepping up their activities in South America, aiming to make friends and score cash, a senior U.S. military official says. Tehran intends to build military drones in Washington's backyard for the Venezuelan military led by Hugo Chavez, U.S. Southern Command chief Gen. Douglas Fraser told reporters Wednesday during a breakfast meeting in Washington.

source

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Whether you were responding to the OP, a letter from your mother or a Vision of the Almighty himself, the fact remains is that you clearly swallowed the headline without checking whether he actually said those words. Yes, the guy is a douche, but lets deal with facts rather than sensationalist headlines. Almost every post on this thread has been commenting as if he actually said what is claimed he said and reacting as if this is Iraq all over again.

What the PM actually said was the simple truth of it, an Iran with a nuclear bomb is dangerous for the region (whether they use it or it's existence provokes Israel) and they are developing longer range weapons which has security implications for outside the region. He never once uttered the words "they are building weapons to attack London". He didn't even mention the capital at all.

For a site who's motto is "Deny Ignorance", there seems to be an awful lot of it about.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Indeed, but fear mongering by the media, not the Government.

It's this wierd paradox again.....Hate the "MSM" unless they say something which supports your position...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Drew99GT

Indeed, but fear mongering by the media, not the Government.

It's this wierd paradox again.....Hate the "MSM" unless they say something which supports your position...

Since the corporate main stream media essentially owns the government, I consider government and media to be the same thing!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co .uk

Iran is developing nuclear missiles capable of hitting London, David Cameron warned yesterday.
In a chilling echo of the build-up to the war against Iraq, the Prime Minister suggested that the country’s drive to develop the bomb was potentially a direct threat to the UK.
His comments appeared to move Britain a step closer to war against the hardline Islamic regime.
He told MPs the Tehran government was trying to develop ‘intercontinental missiles’.
And he repeatedly stressed that ‘military action
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

"IRAN is developing nuclear weapons capable of hitting London, David Cameron warned yesterday. In a chilling echo of the build-up to the war with IRAQ" - anyone see anything wrong with that statement???
edit on 7-3-2012 by Only1King because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I just read the book 7 deadly scenarios by Andrew F. Krepinevich printed in 2009. One scenario was a mini nuke set off in San Antonio Texas and Iran was blamed. All the those nukes that got lost in the shuffle in Russia. Then all the Muslims in the states become a target just like the Japanese were. I am thinking it is going to be something of the sort to get people riled up again for another war. 911 is not really on peoples minds anymore because they are too busy trying to stay afloat.All those so called terrorist attacks that were stopped like the underwear bomber and the time square car bomb attempt I am thinking it is setting the stage. It is all speculation really but there is something on the horizon

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Oh c'mon Stu... If someone is developing ICBM's then the hitting of London et al is not such a major leap..

You even say he is telling the truth..

Legalistic quoting of who said what... Resulting in the same thing coz you think it proves your point..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
For what it is worth here is a link that gives a 'rough' idea of current and future Iranian missile capabilities.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Designation Stages Propellant Range IOC Inventory Alternate Name
Mushak-120 1 solid 130 km Zelzal-1
Mushak-160 1 solid 160 km Zelzal-1A
Fatch-110 1 solid 170 km
Fatch-110A 1 solid 200 km
Mushak-200 1 solid 300 km Zelzal-2
Naze'at-6 1 solid 105 km NP-110
Naze'at-10 1 solid 150 km NP-110A
Shahab-1 1 liquid 300 km 1995 50-300 Scud-B
Shahab-2 1 liquid 500 km 50-150 Scud-C
Qiam-1 1 liquid 500 km+ 2010? Modernized Scud-C
Shahab-3 1 liquid 1,300 km 2002 300 Zelzal-3
Shahab-4 2 liquid 3,218-4,000 km 2008-2009+ 16-35? No-dong-B
Samen 1 solid 800 -1,000 km 2008 replacing Scuds-B/C Ghadr-101
Sejjil 2 solid 2,000-2,510 km 2009+ >50 -

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Oh c'mon Stu... If someone is developing ICBM's then the hitting of London et al is not such a major leap..

Not really, you're just doing what the DM did. If I said "Russia is building new hunter-killer subs", would you automatically assume then that those subs are destined to sink UK shipping?

You even say he is telling the truth..

Yup, Iran's missile programme is well documented, mostly by the Iranians themselves!

Legalistic quoting of who said what... Resulting in the same thing coz you think it proves your point..

Do you not see the irony in this discussion? Had the DM quoted Chavez as saying he wanted to attack the US when he said no such thing, you would be all over it like rash and calling the DM out. Now they are saying something which jives with your idea that this is all a ruse to lure us into war, despite the fact they are claiming the PM said something he didn't, you won't here none of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is an example of unethical bias in new reporting. Instead of saying "Iran is trying to build long-range nuclear missiles".. it's "Iran trying to build nuclear missiles CAPABLE OF HITTING LONDON" fear fear! be afraid!
edit on 3/7/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I hope Iran does get some nukes, if only to protect themselves from us.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join