It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous international hacking group LulzSec (Anonymous) brought down by own leader 3/6/2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Originally posted by dalan.

Or maybe its because some people aren't tarded enough to fall into the belief that there is a group called anonymous. But, the people who actually hang out on the "anonymous" forums would know that.
It's ok. All will be fine, as long as you just continue licking on that anonymous lollipop that has been placed in front of you. Do not concern yourself with the details, such as where this lollipop actually came from, and how many others have already touched it.

Just close your eyes. Shut your mouth. And lick away...
lick lick lick lick lick away........

edit on 3/6/12 by BrokenCircles because: does it taste yummy and sweet??

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
The effect of this will be to limit the size and capability of such groups now that future participants know that there is a possibility of being outed in a sting operation.
I expect a move out of the projects for hacker leader and possibly a job using the skills with a cyber group of some sort. Caring for family outweighs causes and slogans.

Not sure if it will limit the number/capability of the groups except to make them more cautious. I can say that I completely agree with the fact that family outweighs anything he could have gained by being a hacker and that was most likely a driving force in this.....that is if he is a good father. Who knows....could just be part of the spin on the story. They are almost making it sound as if they are sympathizing with him a bit by putting his life in the story as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Like I've stated before: These hackers are weakling, introvert, computer geeks. They are not hardened criminals, but still criminals. Once one is caught, they'll rat out everyone they can to keep their butts out of jail.

For each instance of hacking they are connected to, 500 hours of community service that involves manual labor and groups of people they have to interact with face-to-face. No electroincs of any kind for 5 years.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

United states district court
sourthern district of new york

United sates of america
V
Hector xavier monsegur
a/k/a "Sabu"
a/k/a "Xavier DeLeon"
a/k/a "Leon"

viewer.zoho.com...

also

This post is just to jot down interest bits of info on the Sabu arrest. All the good stories with details appear in the first few hours, then the Internet fills up with crud, and I can no longer find the original stories via Google.

Another lesson about the FBI is that this is how they always work. You don't expect arrests right away after a major hack. Instead, the FBI will plod along for a year infiltrating as much of the organization as they can, turning key members, gathering hard evidence, and THEN they swoop in and gather everyone up.

erratasec.blogspot.com...
or
www.freezepage.com...
edit on 6-3-2012 by aivlas because: spelling etc

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
IMO this show that some planned structure, even if only the top, is important. People will generally save their self at almost any cost. Who do you trust and at what level.

The Slowloris DDoS tool is a good example of how trust can be misused.
edit on 3/6/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The leaderless really had leaders all along.
The whole Anon story is a disinfo campaign they did on themselves to fool the sheeple wannabe hackers to do their bidding. They were never leaderless, but they soon will be and not exist any longer.
Easy prediction.
Also shows how easy it is to manipulate people whos only reality is online. People will believe anything on the internet even though it is virtually impossible. Case in point....Ron Paul can win, hahahaha. Anonymous are modern day robin hoods hahahaha. The collective is leaderless hahahaha. Occupy movement is leaderless hahahaha.
It's dangerous how naive people are these days, en masse.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Slow loris with an umbrella TOOL!

Hasn't this (the OP story) been known for a while?!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There is a structure to what some will view as chaos. That structure just might not be what it is believed to be and place trust into.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I would think that as soon as a few are taken by authorities, a rational person would figure they are all at risk. People will trade sides. This whole event should be a no surprise to anyone out there.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Once "we are not your personal army" was kinda true, but it's been "we are abu's army" for quite awhile.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

This story was just written today. There have been other arrests but this has been the most publicized one so far.

And poor little slow loris.....hope it wasn't one that had it's teeth removed so someone could keep it as a pet.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Does anyone know the timeline of when the events mentioned in the quote below actually happened?

The suspected ringleader of the Anonymous offshoot group LulzSec, Hector Xavier Monsegur and his web minions had just completed a month-long reign of terror, hacking the CIA, Fox, Sony and several financial institutions, causing, according to some estimates, billions of dollars in damage around the world.

Because from the report, Hector was originally arrested in August.

Monsegur was quietly arrested on aggravated identity theft charges and released on bail. On Aug. 15 he pleaded guilty to a dozen counts of hacking-related charges and agreed to cooperate with the FBI. Monsegur went right on living in the unit he shared with the children, supporting them, five brothers and a sister and living off public assistance, according to those who know him.

Which from what I remember, most of these incidents they cite his group with having a hand in took place after his arrest which would suggest they (handlers) instructed him on what to do. This makes it more of a false flag type story again. I can understand them wanting to get as many of the hackers rounded up as possible, but to actually have a hand in planning the outages or downtimes of numerous companies and gov't agency sites would lend itself to those harmed being able to turn around and ask for compensation for their troubles.

Now if that is the case, how much of our tax dollars are going to pay for this lazy rat's salary and how much is going to the companies that the FBI instructed him to hack for compensation of being a part of this whole debacle? What a sham!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
FBI Press release on the arrest:

FBI LulzSec Press Release

MONSEGUR, 28, of New York, New York, pled guilty to three counts of computer hacking conspiracy, five counts of computer hacking, one count of computer hacking in furtherance of fraud, one count of conspiracy to commit access device fraud, one count of conspiracy to commit bank fraud, and one count of aggravated identity theft. He faces a maximum sentence of 124 years and six months in prison.

ACKROYD, 23, of Doncaster, United Kingdom; DAVIS, 29, of Lerwick, Shetland Islands, United Kingdom; and MARTYN, 25, of Galway, Ireland, each are charged with two counts of computer hacking conspiracy. Each conspiracy count carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

O’CEARRBHAIL, 19, of Birr, Ireland, is charged in the indictment with one count of computer hacking conspiracy, for which he faces 10 years in prison. He is also charged in the complaint with one count of intentionally disclosing an unlawfully intercepted wire communication, for which he faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

HAMMOND, 27, of Chicago, Illinois, is charged with one count of computer hacking conspiracy, one count of computer hacking, and one count of conspiracy to commit access device fraud. Each count carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

DAVIS is separately facing criminal charges in the United Kingdom, which remain pending, and ACKROYD is being interviewed today by the Police Central e-crime Unit in the United Kingdom.

O’CEARRBHAIL was arrested today by the Garda.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just read this on BBC News, I nearly fell off my chair laughing, oh those silly little fools, they got/will get what they deserved.

It's just made my week though knowing it was their leader who ratted them out.

I just hope every innocent civilian who was screwed over by these kids feels some justice has been done.
edit on 6/3/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow...Anon is really upset by Hector's actions. They are posting his address, birthdate, phone number and voter registration information all over the place. I am unsure of forum policy on posting that info so I won't.

They are also claiming that Anonymous outed Sabu in the below press release in December as a possible agent provocateur.....

Emergency Christmas Anonymous Press Release ------------------------------------------- 12/25/2011

THE STRATFOR HACK IS NOT THE WORK OF ANONYMOUS

Stratfor is an open source intelligence agency, publishing daily reports on data collected from the open internet. Hackers claiming to be Anonymous have distorted this truth in order to further their hidden agenda, and some Anons have taken the bait.

The leaked client list represents subscribers to a daily publication which is the primary service of Stratfor. Stratfor analysts are widely considered to be extremely unbiased. Anonymous does not attack media sources. In this excerpt from Time, there is a brief description of how Stratfor analysts uncovered a possible US backed coup in Iraq preceding the US invasion.

"In the past month Stratfor has drawn attention to a carefully assembled open-source report that asserted that last month's attack on Iraq wasn't intended just to punish Saddam Hussein for blowing off U.N. weapons inspectors. By sorting through thousands of pieces of publicly available data--from Middle East newspapers to Iraqi-dissident news--Stratfor analysts developed a theory that the attacks were actually designed to mask a failed U.S.-backed coup. In two striking, contrarian intelligence briefs released on the Internet on Jan. 5 and Jan. 6, Stratfor argued that Saddam's lightning restructuring of the Iraqi military, followed by executions of the army's Third Corps commanders, was evidence that the coup had been suppressed. Predictably, U.S. officials said the report was wrong."

Stratfor has been purposefully misrepresented by these so-called Anons and portrayed in false light as a company which engages in activity similar to HBGary. Sabu and his crew are nothing more than opportunistic attention whores who are possibly agent provocateurs. As a media source, Stratfor's work is protected by the freedom of press, a principle which Anonymous values greatly.

This hack is most definitely not the work of Anonymous.

We are Anonymous

We do not forgive

We do not forget

Expect us

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire

I bet they threatened him with Gitmo and he rolled over so fast.. The rest arent going to be so lucky...

you lose that bet
pay up

It seems the FBI used his children against him, blackmailing him against a jail charge and losing access to his children.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the ignorance concerning the nature of Anon is strong

never mind that lulzsec was a splinter group

but hey, keep applauding the empires stormtroopers and their filthy tactics.
someday it'll be your kids under the gun.

reply to post by woogleuk

wahoo! i see you like being rearended
enjoy
edit on 6-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added comment

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Anon is doing what the feds have been doing a long time. The game will just evolve. Soon those in power will have much big players to chase.

So much of the world is supported by the internet, just waiting to be knocked down. Stuxnet has shown that it is a matter of time.

Who thinks they can put important information in the cloud and sleep well at night.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Finding all kinds of links to the original leak of his identity to the FBI way back....

Original Dox

Notes: Python, php, perl. Politically motivated even in years past. Active in AOL ‘hacking’ scene during 90s. Searches reveal several published vulnerablities, exploits and code from 90s and on, including AOL. Intelligent writer when publicly speaking but when in private conversations and non-public forums frequently uses slang normally associated with African-Americans and Puerto Ricans. Consistent dialect and word usage throughout old and new writings. Associated with other hackers from same era, many references to Nullbyte aka Haris Tahir

ABOUT TIGERTEAM.SE tigerteam.se offers spearhead competence within the areas of vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, security implementation, and advanced ethical hacking training. tigerteam.se consists of Michel Blomgren and Xavier de Leon. Together we have worked for organizations in over 15 countries.

Very interesting that many are calling him lazy when what he has done took a long time and from his claims he has been in the vulnerability testing and ethical hacking circles for quite some time. None of the story adds up in my opinion. This guy has either been working with the feds for a VERY long time or is being scapegoated and there is a backstory that has been pushed to the net for a while to "build" the truth the media and gov't wants us to believe.

Digging around the net for this stuff has been fun though!
edit on 3/6/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

It would appear those players are already playing.....anonymous just posted this up....

AntiSec Monsanto

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sabu appears to have been contacted before the FBI conference call hack

The conference call revealed a plan by UK investigators to intentionally delay several current court cases against accused Anonymous members for up to eight weeks in order to help the New York FBI execute on some major action.

After today's major raids against top Anonymous and LulzSec operatives, we now know just what the FBI was planning—and how the call was recorded in the first place.
Using the name "anonsacco," the hacker then entered a private Anonymous IRC chatroom called "#sunnydays" and spoke to the government source tagged only as "CW" in the FBI affidavit today. (CW appears to have been "Sabu," a notorious Anonymous/LulzSec hacker who had in fact been arrested in June 2011 and then turned into an FBI informant. Sabu had an FBI agent watching him 24 hours a day, monitoring and even directing all of his online interactions.)

Anonsacco opened the dialogue with CW by saying, "Hi mate. Could I ask you for help? I need to intercept the conference call which would be a very good leak. I have acquired info about the time, phone number, and pin number for the conference call. I just don't have a good VOIP setup for actually calling in to record it... If you could help me, I am happy to leak the call to you solely. I guarantee it will be of interest!!!"

edit on 3/6/2012 by roadgravel because: Added top of ext article

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join