It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desensitisation and Collective Conciousness Regarding Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"If humans knew everytime their life was in danger because of some intergallactic war, or some asshole aliens just wanted to, the world would be in chaos"
Something that always stayed with me ever since seeing the film men in black, I believe it rings true.

I think there are movies out there that have both purposely and accidentally portrayed events the people will have to face in the future, for example first contact.

Almost everyone has had at least one experience involving collective conciousness, whats to say some movie writers arent picking up on some military conciousess accidentally and thinking theyre just really imagintive?

I think there are movies that have top secret information throughout them...so incase something happens for example the governments admit theyve been lying, rather than having people have to read every story theyve covered.up, just tell people oh yeah, that was actually this movie...and you thought it was just a movie but no, its a history video.

What are your views fellow ATSers?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
WOW!!! That is so weird OP...I literally just finished watching MIB 1 & 2...back to back. Tonight, as I was sitting at home watching TV, I seen it on HBO, So I figured I'd watch both movies from the beginning simply because I was thinking that although it was a movie...there is some truth to it, and I specifically remember that part that you mentioned in your post in part 1.

This is so serendipitous for me to read this post...I mean I literally just finished watching it about 5 mins ago. I came on ATS to read more about the "weird" stuff that happens in our world with no explanation.

I truly believe that movies are used for conditioning, as well as vehicles to send subliminal messages out to the people that are awake. This may sound weird, but the same reason that you wrote this post is the same reason why I decided to watch both movies tonight...S&F because I agree with your post, but more importantly, because we're on the same wave length tonight.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Historymajor

I find as time passes its happening to me more and more... Im hearing other people exclaim this too. I feel like tnere is a huge change coming to us all I cant explain it perfectly, its a burning in my chest almost an excitement.
Ive always thought this..ive always had a nack with knowing things I shouldnt.

When I was about five I told my mum I kept seeing flashes from when I was being born, I told her who was in the room and where they were standing, she immediately started to tear up, she said I was right that it was my minds eye..
Ever since ive been a believer of the alternative topics

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SageBeno

I feel as though something BIG is about to happen. Its not all about 2012 either...I can actually feel it. I have always been known that I'm a little different than most. That's nothing to boast about, nor does it make me feel superior or inferior.

The last few years has been...well...ineffable. I've really tuned into and started to listen to my intuition. I truly believe in an awakening...one that will open everyones eyes.

Funny you talk about remembering your birth...I was just back home in Chicago talking to my mom about a dog we used to have, and my mom, dad, and sister swears I wasn't born...but I was still in the oven. When I gave them all the details, they couldn't deny it...I knew that dog, I remember seeing it. They said that they gave him up when I was about 6 months old. Weird huh?

So I think I understand where you are coming from

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If nothing more, the MIB series is chock full of things to think about. Some are just plain silly while others are rooted in the classic philosophical questions.

Now I don't know to what extent the movies we watch and the tv we consume are direct messages sent directly into our heads in a attempt to guide and or control our minds and how much is just to entertain us by reflecting public sentiment. I think both are true leaving us to come to our own conclusions on which is which.

I, myself, tend to great amounts of caution with the lot of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The Matrix is one of those series that has a lot of hidden messages that deals with philosophy, religion, control, government, dimensions, secret societies and so much more!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Only yesterday did I say the very same thing a really close friend of mine... I said I feel special, like I am nere for something important..i dont know what it is yet but I imagine I will remember much the same way you randomly remember dreams... Im really glad you replied to the post, it seems we are both here for something,

do you know your blood type by chance?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Above, you said

The last few years has been...well...ineffable. I've really tuned into and started to listen to my intuition. I truly believe in an awakening...one that will open everyones eyes.

What do you think about an awakening that will NOT open everyones eyes only some?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ive also been thinking about that part with the vase ALOT.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I KNOW for fact that I'm here for something. My dreams are more vivid. My thoughts are more detailed. I know for a fact that there are different dimensions and we humans have capabilities that we can't fathom. We are waking up from a deep deep slumber...some people are unfortunately still sleeping.

My dad and I were just talking about the importance of knowing your blood type, as he sparked the conversation by asking what mine was...I know its sad, but I don't know. I need to find that out though.

Serendipity my friend! This isn't a coincidence...

Do you know much about Indigo children and adults?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historymajor

The Matrix is one of those series that has a lot of hidden messages that deals with philosophy, religion, control, government, dimensions, secret societies and so much more!

Right. It has had huge effects upon the metaphors by which we define and interpret our reality. But once again, how much of it reflects our innate striving to comprehend reality and how much of it is thought stimulation designed to control our thinking.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I've thought about that...and I believe that it has already begun. So I asked myself...why do we need to be woken up from our slumber? Because we have some place to be...there is something that we must tend to, or a job that we must go to.

Like one has to wake up every morning for work, school, or an appointment...the universe is waking us up. Not everyone will get the call...actually I take that back, everyone will hear the alarm, but not everyone will rise to the occasion and become who they truly are. They are lost in a lucid dream and can't tell the dream from reality.

People who hear the call knows deep inside what's going on...even if they can't fully describe it. Reason being....it's never happened before, so we have no words for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Personally I think its already starting I feel as if I am awake because I know that I dont know what is going on wherever we are, but I know we have no grasp on it, I dont strive to be rich, and I do not strive to achieve, I strive to help my fellow beings. The only truely productive thing we can do is help one another. Being one up on someone gets you nowhere.

My thoughts anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I can see exactly where you're coming from, as I've pondered the same question. Some people think ignorance is bliss, I don't, as I think everything has significance, even if its "insignificant". I watch the movies and MSM even though most of it is meant for conditioning, but its only see there tools and I stay cognizant as I watch.

Sleeping with one eye open I suppose

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Oh I couldn't agree more, you are awake, I'm awake also...but trust me, we haven't begun to get out of bed...we're still laying there thinking about the dream. Next we will go and turn on the shower, and when that water hits us, not only will be fully awake, but we will be ready to put on a fresh set of clothes and take on the world.

Its about humanity. I've always felt in someway that I was like a super hero. I know that sounds weird, but its true...I feel like God, the universe, the creator...etc will use me like an instrument to bring harmony to the planet, as there is so much strife and corruption.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Yes I have done some reading on the children not so much the adults but now I think I will.

Well incase you eventually find out I am an A- blood type ...somewhat rare.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I love studying about people waking up throughout history. Like a lot of what we understand of awakening now is an out growth or a blossoming of the wake up that has been going on all along. I like to imagine those early early tribes when they first started making music. Man what a wake up that was.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

LIKE SOMEHOW YOU ARENT GOING TO DIE?
If so then we are in line mate....
I dont know why but I have trouble imagining me dying....

This is getting more amazing by.the second

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

As a kid, I thought I was indestructible, same as most kids. But as I grew up, that thought never left my mind. Yes I can go at anytime, but I feel that my time isn't here yet. I have a calling and I feel unfulfilled until I take care of my duties.

Today I was just thinking about how many times I've been this close to death (pinches his fingers together) and never feared it. I've been on planes where they would shake uncontrollably because of the turbulence, not just any turbulence, but SHAKING to the point where even the flight attendant's faces depicted worry and I just sat there working on my computer as if nothing was happening...because I knew it wasn't time.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Historymajor because: Couple misspellings...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Perhaps we are awakening our souls? Realising that we are inside a shell that is this body.

I hypothesised that perhaps in every human their emotions and base traits are projections of their soul,we can get a glimpse of the soul by understanding the vessel in which it travels.
Its funny how sometimes things feel right sometimes, no matter how odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join