It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this was a catholic priest or a muslim it would be front page news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

A two-week old boy died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a religious circumcision ritual that ignited controversy in 2005 after another infant died, the Daily News has learned. The unidentified infant died Sept. 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital, according to a spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner, who confirmed the death after a News inquiry.

The cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.” City officials declined to comment Friday. It’s unclear who performed the circumcision.

In 2004, city health officials revealed that a baby boy died after a circumcision carried out by a Rockland County rabbi who specializes in the centuries-old, ultra-Orthodox ritual known as metzizah b’ peh. Under the practice, the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth — a practice city health officials have criticized, saying it carried “inherent risks” for babies.

Link

I'm not any religion, I do have a view on circumcision, but this goes beyond circumcision. A grown man sucking on an infants (bloody) genitals?

edit on 3-3-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

WtF!

Whats up with this religion?

Im at a loss for words...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Yup this happens. I think the only thing weirder than this is that people support the institutions which promote this.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I suppose it's entirely possible that this is about religious ceremony and not the least bit related to something titillating or sexual. It's an odd practice and a rather shocking one from a health standpoint, but I've certainly heard of stranger things both in and out of religion for ceremonial acts. Who are we to judge unless a crime is committed..and that isn't apparently the case here. Even if it is inviting infection like it's an old friend.

Of course one could also make real sure they don't have oral conditions favorable to herpes transmission. It's not exactly magic or some mysterious process for how that all works in infection. THAT is more questionable to me than anything else. Like a surgeon operating with bare hands.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

The case sounds eerily similar to that of Rabbi Yitzchok Fischer, a Rockland County mohel who was found to have given three babies herpes through the ritual.

Fisher specialized in the ultra-Orthodox ritual known as metzizah b’ peh, in which a rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth.

One of those three babies infected with herpes by Fisher died, and the city Health Department filed a restraining order stopping Fisher from performing the procedure. But the city ultimately caved and handed the matter over onto a Jewish religious court.

gothamist.com...

There are certain areas, in NY at least, where these guys are untouchable. Political correctness run way amok?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I suppose it's entirely possible that this is about religious ceremony and not the least bit related to something titillating or sexual. It's an odd practice and a rather shocking one from a health standpoint, but I've certainly heard of stranger things both in and out of religion for ceremonial acts. Who are we to judge unless a crime is committed..and that isn't apparently the case here. Even if it is inviting infection like it's an old friend.

Of course one could also make real sure they don't have oral conditions favorable to herpes transmission. It's not exactly magic or some mysterious process for how that all works in infection. THAT is more questionable to me than anything else. Like a surgeon operating with bare hands.

Imagine if muslims did this. There would be 3000 threads a day on it. People would be calling for the bombing of any country that does this.

IRAN SAID THEY WANTED TO WIPE ISRAEL ON THE MAP.

---- AND THEY SUCK BLOODY BABY GENITALS!

WE MUST BOMB THEM.

---

Its not ok for a priest fondle a choir boys wee wee , but its perfectly ok for a rabbi to suck a bloody infant wee wee.

I guess if the priest declared it a ritual, it would be ok.

Not taking up for priests here, just showing the hilarity of the situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

WOW....

Usually I like reading your posts but this....

Who are we to judge unless a crime is committed

Kind of like this example...

Santeria is a West African and Caribbean influenced religion that worships saints. Family friend Nadeshda Ramirez says the ceremony is called Paulo and it involves carving crosses into a person's body.

"Usually seven crosses," said Ramirez.

Authorities got wind of the process after a daycare reported cuts on the 4-year-old's chest. Ramirez also practices Santeria and tells Channel 2 Action News the ritual performed on the girl involved the cutting her with a straight edge razor, but it was not abuse.

If it's part of your religion to carve up a 4-year old, who are we to judge. Right?

I think religion is fine and everybody should believe what they feel is right but what should be of higher importance here is the fact that children are individuals with human rights of their own!!!

Peace

edit on 4-3-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Who said it may not be sexual? Are you kidding? Sucking a toddlers bloody bits? I wouldn't do it, because it is so wrong, there is no right. A sane person would stop this unless it gives them a nice legal excuse to do what they enjoy doing. Sucking a kiddies wee wee is paedophilia, regardless of what you call it or why you do it. End off.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Imagine if muslims did this. There would be 3000 threads a day on it. People would be calling for the bombing of any country that does this.

IRAN SAID THEY WANTED TO WIPE ISRAEL ON THE MAP.

---- AND THEY SUCK BLOODY BABY GENITALS!

WE MUST BOMB THEM.

---

Its not ok for a priest fondle a choir boys wee wee , but its perfectly ok for a rabbi to suck a bloody infant wee wee.

I guess if the priest declared it a ritual, it would be ok.

Not taking up for priests here, just showing the hilarity of the situation.

Muslims do something FAR WORSE than this and it's done in the United States as well as abroad. It's called Female Circumcision. Now I'm not mentioning that to strart a whole new track on that. It's worthy of it's own thread...but the idea that this ..weird..ritual for their religion is somehow a stand-out for oddness is a little much to say. It sure isn't the worst though. Not by a long shot.

Now in all fairness....If this were taken in isolation, I would tap the Rabbi on the shoulder and ask what exactly the thoughts and motivations are with this thing. Then again...dunking a baby head first into water so everyone can feel good about doing it is a little weird too...but that is Religion. Weird is all in one's perspective on Faith, right?

Lets hammer the practices that literally mutilate people with AT LEAST equal vigor to one that just has a sexual angle..if pulled totally out of context to get there...and so, grabs attention with a salacious headline.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Had my circumcision done by a doctor when i was born and it was safer, cleaner and more hygienic.

The one good thing about being christian is circumcision is not required like it is in Islam and Judaism. Its completely voluntary and unnecessary. Your penis can't save you but Jesus can.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

WOW....

Usually I like reading your posts but this....

Who are we to judge unless a crime is committed

Kind of like this example...

Santeria is a West African and Caribbean influenced religion that worships saints. Family friend Nadeshda Ramirez says the ceremony is called Paulo and it involves carving crosses into a person's body.

"Usually seven crosses," said Ramirez.

Authorities got wind of the process after a daycare reported cuts on the 4-year-old's chest. Ramirez also practices Santeria and tells Channel 2 Action News the ritual performed on the girl involved the cutting her with a straight edge razor, but it was not abuse.

If it's part of your religion to carve up a 4-year old, who are we to judge. Right?

I think religion is fine and everybody should believe what they feel is right but what should be of higher importance here is the fact that children are individuals with human rights of their own!!!

Peace

edit on 4-3-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

WTF

They do that and worship saints? Thats totally breaking the first commandment.

1. You shall not have any other elohim before me
2. You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

Mutilation is unnecessary, if you desire to be mutilated, find someone who hates christians and have them kick the crap out of you so you can suffer for the sake of believing in Christ.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by drgood

Yup this happens. I think the only thing weirder than this is that people support the institutions which promote this.

See? Believing in Jesus saves your penis from damage and can even save not just your soul but your life. Too bad those jews do not believe in the second covenant.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Wow.....IF this is true, then there is a serious problem here! No where in the Torah can this practice be found, nor the Holy Bible. Looks like another cult within a set known religion called Judaism. Just like there are thousands of cults in Christianity.

The OP piece is not the practice of "normal" Jews. This is something different entirely....bloody child ritual rape.... Blood is needed for most dimensional/spiritual spells and enchantments.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

Under the practice, the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth — a practice city health officials have

Now that is just totally perverted..!!

Pedo-Rabbi Could be a new "funnier" replacement for Pedobear though..!!

new topics

top topics

join