It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Suddenly, this election cycle has become very serious.
We must liberate Iran..or something

Expect lots of money to be poured into the GOP coffers, and perhaps even more in every possible negative thing that can go wrong for the rest of O's time.
We need that oil!

-rubs temples-

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We should declare war....on oil.

We should spend billions upon billions of fed dollars setting up massive solar farms in our deserts. hundreds of square miles.

That would show Iran...

oh..well, I suppose we could spend a trillion instead on war for a finite resource that pollutes and makes only a few people stupid rich...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the information about the oil discovery and indeed it is sadly probably just more motivation for the greedy warhawks in US/Isreal to invade just like Iraq.

Unfortunate that you had to bring religion into the argument for no apparent reason though with that stupid God comment. Religious people make no sense, if there really is a god, it makes zero sense for him to take sides behind certain countries if he created all man. It's funny how every country thinks god is on their side... I think that just shows you how bogus the whole concept is.

I also find it hilarious that even sports stars thank god for their wins, as if a god would take sides in sports too. And then if the next day the other team/competitor wins, they'll thank god too, I guess god changed his mind over night about who he roots for. "God" gets credit for all the good stuff that happens to anyone and none of the blame for anything bad, that's all "man's fault". Sigh.
edit on 4-3-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

(anglo-ameri-israeli blodksucking complex mode on)

"must. resist. invading. yet. another. country. for. oil.
must. think. of. yet. another. set. of. blatant. lies. in.
order. to. convince. the. retarded. populus. into. supporting.
yet. another. war. for. oil."

(anglo-ameri-israeli blodksucking complex mode off)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beam1

Im not wishing for a thing... No one has a damn clue on how doomed the economy truly is, you can sit there and fear monger how america is going to go down and how happy you and 95% of the ats'ers would be to see that... But at the end of the day america is here standing today, china is not the super power either is russia, no matter how high you hit that singing note it is simply not true..

Now... Im not acting ignorant, i know america is in trouble, all is not peachy.. But today is march 4 2012 its not april, may, june or 2013-14-15 etc. We are here in the now and as of now we are the super power and have the lead, so you spend your days thinking about the future and how america wont be apart of it or kid your self thinking that china is the super power.

I am far from rich but i refuse to read and not say a thing every month on what europe thinks when we are helping them with the bail out and the irony of ausies when they are buying our military goods, so you tell me what good are tney doing for the world when at the end of the day they support us in what we do...

I dont need credentials to stand up for my country.. If the day ever comes i will fight for my country and hopefully you will be in china fighting on there side.. Win or lose i gurantee the world will not be as peachy as you think with out america and it sure as hell will not be an easy fight to take us down.. I promise you that...

America at the bottom of the food chain?wtf? Im far from rich but im also far from the bottom of the food chain too, sooo..
edit on 4-3-2012 by beam1 because: (no reason given)

I'm going to have to answer yours post via your paragraphs. e.g. P1, P2, etc.

P1. No clue?

www.usdebtclock.org... I don't need a Masters in Finance or Economy to see you are on the verge of breaking, time-scales are irrelevant given the fact that it is inevitable.

Also :-

www.usdebtclock.org... Compare your public debt and external debt to Chinas.

Look at what China is doing all over the world. It's pointless for me to provide any links because you only have to google china and read current news about them to see what influence they are having. They will become the new super power. Not if, when!

Also never said I would be happy to see America go down

P2. Refer to P1 answer.

P3. I'm not denying any of your claims but to see you as credible you must provide links to support your argument. I am also from the UK and as far as I am aware we haven't used the EU or US the bail us out?

P4. No but you do need to warrant a certain amount of status to explain why you think it is right for you to tell anyone to get back in their place. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic but your borderlining on megalomania. Once again I have not once advocated the downfall of America or think that when it happens everything will be peachy. I've simply pointed out the facts you quite clearly do not care to realise/accept. And you hope I'm in their country fighting on their side?

If you have such a problem with me for having a discussion with you that you feel the need to verbally announce your want for killing me then why wait till then. Why not use all the might and power of your country and do it now? More to the point, if you're so patriotic why arn't you out on the front line now?

edit on 4-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Great... another loooonng war... guess this might help a little bit with the over population... horrible thing.... glad the military will never take me back! I will not fight a war over oil... again...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CR4V3N

blogs.reuters.com...

www.guardian.co.uk... ( wrong link but im sure you can look it up)

just stop it! just cause your country has failed ( www.bloomberg.com...) and we havnt decided if we want to help along with china yet, i thought we said yes guess not lol, does not mean we are next.

this goes a lot deeper then a dang world clock debt..

like i said i get that we are not in the best of shape right now and you love to fear monger.

"P4. No but you do need to warrant a certain amount of status to explain why you think it is right for you to tell anyone to get back in their place. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic but your borderlining on megalomania. Once again I have not once advocated the downfall of America or think that when it happens everything will be peachy. I've simply pointed out the facts you quite clearly do not care to realise/accept. And you hope I'm in their country fighting on their side?"

answere for your first sentence. so what status does you and your country hold to bash america every couple of days? so i need this status? ok.. i make 50k and my wife makes 45k a year, my salary is about to go up as well.

lets compare what china workers make. ( link wouldnt work so had to paste)

China's Economy

By Kimberly Amadeo, About.com Guide

See More About:
global economy
trade agreements
trade deficit
foreign currency
u.s. debt

Chinese President Hu Jintao (Credit: Getty Images)

Ads

How to Buy GoldPhysical Gold Shipped to Your Door Free Investor Kit. Since 1960.Goldline.com/Buy-Gold

Citibank NRE AccountFast, Reliable & Secure Way to Transfer Money. Apply Online Now!Citi.com/No_Hidden_Charges

2012 US Economy Report2012 is going to be the year of reckoning... again... Free ReportMoneyMorning.com/US_Econ_Report

US Economy Ads •Global Economy
•China Economy
•China Import
•China Market
•World Economy

Ads

3 ETF's Set to SoarMotley Fool Report - 3 ETF's You Need to Own during the recovery!www.Fool.com/ETF

Export Import BankUrge Congress to reauthorize the Export Import Bankwww.nam.org/ExIm

China's Economy Is Strong:

China's economy produced $10.9 trillion in 2010, (based on purchasing power parity), making it the third largest in the world's (after the U.S. and the European Union). It's been growing more than 10% per year for the last 30 years.

Despite this growth, China is still a relatively poor country. Its economy only prodcues $7,600 per person, compared to the GDP per capita of $47,400 for the U.S. This low standard of living allows China to pay its workers less, making its products cheaper, which lures overseas manufacturers to outsource jobs there. (Source: CIA World Factbook, China Economy latest figures)

China's Economy Depends on Exports to U.S.:

China exports $1.58 trillion of its production, making it the world's second largest exporter after the EU. China ships 18% of its exports to the U.S., which created a $272 billion trade deficit in 2011. While China needs the U.S., it's increasing its trade with Hong Kong (13.8%) and Japan (7.6%). It's encouraging trade with African nations, investing in their infrastructure in return for oil. Finally, China is increasing trade agreements with other Southeast Asian nations, and with many Latin American countries.

What Does China Export?:

yes i do hope you fight on there side cause quite frankly im tired of ppl like you bashing my country as if yours is doing any better.. along with the irony of asking us for help!

no country is perfect, not by a long shot.. however, no one country does more than america on a global scale plain and simple... yes china is on our ass and we finally have competition but you look at competition as a gloom and doom there goes america, like if its impossible for us to get through the rough times..

as of today america is the super power, as of today we lead the way. you dont like that? then stop asking for our help, and again, please take the lead cause that does not mean there will no longer be a america it means we will come back and come back stronger..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

1st link, nearly a year ago. 2nd, the same. Do you have any recent articles to support you?

Read you Bloomberg link. Not once does that article refer to the UK. Have you even read my post?

I'm not bashing America, I'm bashing you. You think because you and your wife earn a fairly decent wage in America that you have the right to tell people to stay in their place.

Again not once have I said:

- UK is much better than you, never going to fail.
- I want to see America crash and burn.

Just pointing out your heading down an inevitable route which will see you lose your status as the world super power to China. Your argument is flawed because of this and it does not give you the right to tell anyone what their place is.

Please structure you reply's better, possibly by accurately reading my post before you spout off a angry rhetoric

Also, I never asked you to compare your standard of living to Chinas. If your going to do that however, do it to the Aussie and whoever else you told to 'get back in their place'. Would be more relevant to your argument.

And Lastly, again, the UK has not got aid from America throughout the whole banking crisis. Maybe look at a map and read a bit and you might discover that the UK is not the EU.

*sighs*

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Huh, another "USA is evil and all other countries in the world are saintly except for Israel" sort of post. How exciting.

If you love Iran that much, move there. We'll see how much you love your rights and freedoms once you are there, and are forced to have a specific haircut. Yet another spoiled American who feels it's their right and indeed, duty to tell everyone how WICKED our country is, how WONDERFUL all other countries are, and how the U.S. deserves every misfortune they get.

You are pathetically deluded if you think that all other countries don't have innocent blood on their hands. And many have a hell of a lot more. Iran is such a peaceful, wonderful regime..

You remind me of a coworker I had. He was incredibly anti-American. We were so bad. Everywhere else was so great. He finally quit, and went to live in these other countries. Live a free, happy life away from the corruption. Well, after a year and a half, he was back. Much humbler, and content and happy to have freedoms and a job he could choose for himself, after learning the reality.

While MSM may rarely be up front and forthcoming with facts, that doesn't mean other countries are bastions of peace and fairness, and the U.S. is inherently evil.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CR4V3N
reply to post by beam1

1st link, nearly a year ago. 2nd, the same. Do you have any recent articles to support you?

Read you Bloomberg link. Not once does that article refer to the UK. Have you even read my post?

I'm not bashing America, I'm bashing you. You think because you and your wife earn a fairly decent wage in America that you have the right to tell people to stay in their place.

Again not once have I said:

- UK is much better than you, never going to fail.
- I want to see America crash and burn.

Just pointing out your heading down an inevitable route which will see you lose your status as the world super power to China. Your argument is flawed because of this and it does not give you the right to tell anyone what their place is.

Please structure you reply's better, possibly by accurately reading my post before you spout off a angry rhetoric

Also, I never asked you to compare your standard of living to Chinas. If your going to do that however, do it to the Aussie and whoever else you told to 'get back in their place'. Would be more relevant to your argument.

And Lastly, again, the UK has not got aid from America throughout the whole banking crisis. Maybe look at a map and read a bit and you might discover that the UK is not the EU.

*sighs*

im not going to google anything more, im sure you are fully capable of doing it your self, especially since you think we have had such a drastic change in a year.. i dont need a link to know that as of today we are the super power, and you now it. you live in the future i live in the now, now is what shapes the future and america is taking measures to capitalise on its majore advantages and i fully believe we will stay on top. if we lose it to china it will be short lived, there majore advantages are dependent on america..

i thought you was from EU, i really dont think you are from the uk but if you say you are then hey.. i really dont know why you would even respond. clearly im talking to all the posts bashing america, and here you are telling me that america "WILL FAIL not if but when" like you have some time machine, yet you are asking me for links to prove that it wont? all while your proof is a debt clock? really? .. even if it does happen, we will be in a very close second with a strong chance of taking it back.

you asked me how much i make, go back and read your post.. since you are so in love with china i took it a step further and compared the average income in america to that of china.

its like i said before, no one country does more than america.. the next time you step in your time machine, bring a video camera with you and record america losing to china.. unless you can do that you are the one that needs to do all of the proving not me, cause once again we are the super power and even though china is on our ass that does not mean that its over. acting like if china cant hit a bump in the road, acting as if its never happened before...

my wage has nothing to do with giving me the right to put ppls country in its place.. however, i know what my country does on a global scale so when i see ppl from other countries bash mine as if theres is any better i will defend mine and tell it how it is. dont go cherry picking all the bad things, all while your country follows ours, like i said if you can do it better go right ahead cause in my opinion if it happens it will only make us stronger.

you can sigh all you want.. not my fault you wanted to talk about something that clearly had nothing to do with you or your country, your like america.... getting in other ppls busines lol

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by nightbringr

Is your god the same as their god? You believe the western powers to be "devilish"? Have we finally outted you as a Iranian puppet?

LMAO Iranian puppet, just because I say something is not proof of that. You need to provide evidence of that.

Also doing a personal attack means you have nothing to counter the statements.
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 11:45:33 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Sir, you claim he is ignorant and idiotic by claiming you to be an iranian puppet, yet you ignored his claim that you wished innocent europeans harm. Im going to counter by this when the war starts and it will i am british considered a part of europe, we helped stop hitler, we won world war one and we used to be a vast empire, we reppelled Caesers legions, and fought vikings. My fellow man, i will sign up to see you down my sights any day of the week. Fortunatley for you at this moment i dont serve in the military because if i killed a man, i dont think i could fcuking stop. That notion carries in my boxing no stopping ive got a taste for blood, so i swear solemly on my family. And on behalf of this european union, if you and your freinds decide to go and attack civillians again like al queda then i promise i will burn your whole fcuking nation to the ground personally.

Quite frankly i dont want this. But if your going to insult and attack my fellows, ill glady sign up to destroy yours.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

We are actually a part of the eu btw, we just choose not to carry the money, and some legislations. Other than that after france and germany we are one of the biggest parts of the eu. However we do not recieve aid from any country currently. From the eu or out of it. Rather we actually have been donating billions worldwide which i disaprove of.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beam1

double post
edit on 4-3-2012 by R3velutionR3quired because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by R3velutionR3quired

Yea i got that..he says he is from uk but i dont believe it.. I was clearly talking about australia and europe then he jumped in. Maybe he just has fam in either of the other countries.. Its a mess with eurpe and uk, some get offended by saying uk is europe and others say its part of it even though you need a boat ride to get there. I dont like my country giving money away either, a lot of ppl just dont appreciate it..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

reply to post by Xeven

No he does not, he lets them live in arrogance. Remember the meek shall inherit the earth. How does god favor western powers? By giving them the guns and technology to bomb other countries? It is called a test and the western powers are failing it.
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 11:43:48 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

The founders of America where the meek of their time. America is the result of the meek inheriting the earth. Its happening and you don't even see it.

Who were the founders of America? I hope you mean the american Indians! Cause they got screwed!
America is the most oppressive country and over the past decade they have shown their true colors! Over the next decade I don't even want to imagine how bad it will get!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by Xeven

reply to post by Xeven

No he does not, he lets them live in arrogance. Remember the meek shall inherit the earth. How does god favor western powers? By giving them the guns and technology to bomb other countries? It is called a test and the western powers are failing it.
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 11:43:48 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

The founders of America where the meek of their time. America is the result of the meek inheriting the earth. Its happening and you don't even see it.

Who were the founders of America? I hope you mean the american Indians! Cause they got screwed!
America is the most oppressive country and over the past decade they have shown their true colors! Over the next decade I don't even want to imagine how bad it will get!

So when do you plan on moving out? Why do you still live here?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by beam1

reply to post by beam1

im not going to google anything more, im sure you are fully capable of doing it your self, especially since you think we have had such a drastic change in a year.. i dont need a link to know that as of today we are the super power, and you now it. you live in the future i live in the now, now is what shapes the future and america is taking measures to capitalise on its majore advantages and i fully believe we will stay on top. if we lose it to china it will be short lived, there majore advantages are dependent on america..

i thought you was from EU, i really dont think you are from the uk but if you say you are then hey.. i really dont know why you would even respond. clearly im talking to all the posts bashing america, and here you are telling me that america "WILL FAIL not if but when" like you have some time machine, yet you are asking me for links to prove that it wont? all while your proof is a debt clock? really? .. even if it does happen, we will be in a very close second with a strong chance of taking it back.

you asked me how much i make, go back and read your post.. since you are so in love with china i took it a step further and compared the average income in america to that of china.

its like i said before, no one country does more than america.. the next time you step in your time machine, bring a video camera with you and record america losing to china.. unless you can do that you are the one that needs to do all of the proving not me, cause once again we are the super power and even though china is on our ass that does not mean that its over. acting like if china cant hit a bump in the road, acting as if its never happened before...

my wage has nothing to do with giving me the right to put ppls country in its place.. however, i know what my country does on a global scale so when i see ppl from other countries bash mine as if theres is any better i will defend mine and tell it how it is. dont go cherry picking all the bad things, all while your country follows ours, like i said if you can do it better go right ahead cause in my opinion if it happens it will only make us stronger.

you can sigh all you want.. not my fault you wanted to talk about something that clearly had nothing to do with you or your country, your like america.... getting in other ppls busines lol

Right, for the final time.

You asked, no, stated, that someone should 'take the lead'. To this I replied look at your economic model and look at Chinas and there's your answer. They have taken the lead and this is evident in their growth.

I don't advocate the falling of America, tbh I actually would hate to see that but from where I'm sitting I think it is inevitable. I've not once indicated there will be some massive war with China so why you seem hell bent on beating them or coming back quickly I do not know.

I am from the UK. The Isle of Wight to be precise, although I very rarely spend time there now. I'm fully aware of the situation we are in and have never said its any better or worse than America. What i did point out however is although the UK is part of the European Union we do not use the same currency and have not once asked the IMF or ECB for bailouts. If you use such a vague term to describe Europe then I feel the need to clarify that we are not part of what your referring to. I.e. EU bailouts.

I asked what status you hold/ how much you earn because if you were some top notch rich banker it would explain why you have such a superiority complex and why you feel like you are that exulted that you have the right to tell people where there place is. This is also the reason I commented to your original post.

You keep telling me how big a donor your country is. www.mapsofworld.com... Britain is 5th. If our economy was as large as yours I'm sure we'd be first. We still come 5th with 40.3x less landmass and 5x less people. Go figure.

So to summarise, the whole, and only reason I weighed into this discussion is the fact that you have NO right to tell anybody what their place is!!!

Lastly, after your comment:

If the day ever comes i will fight for my country

All I can think of is this: www.youtube.com... and can no longer take you seriously,

And that Sir, is why I'm out.......
edit on 5-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Are you talking about Iran or America? Here in America I have seen all those except for terrorist funding Iran. That will be soon.

Oh, im sorry! I missed the part of my post where i said i was a raving US government fanboy? Care to point out where that is?

Hint: because i dislike the US government too.

And yeah, really thats not true. While abuse towards gays and women occur here, it is not condoned by the government like it is there. When was the last time you saw two gay teens hung in a city street? Saw a women sentenced to stoning and buried to her neck and slaughtered, all with the governments explict permission? I thought so.
gay marriage is not exactly supported by the US government

edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Rape in the US military: America's dirty little secretA female soldier in Iraq is more likely to be attacked by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire...."It was eight years before I was able to say the word that describes what happened to me," says Maricella Guzman. "I hadn't even been in the Navy a month. I was so young. I tried to report it. But instead of being taken seriously, I was forced to do push-ups."

www.guardian.co.uk...

ummmm where do you get your information?

Christians must obey God's commandments with respect to homosexuals. Love is the fulfilling of God's Law. Homosexuals living in a Christian society will be better off than those living in pagan societies. God's Law is the source of cultural blessings, and these blessings fall even on those who violate God's Law. But one of those commandments is to hold their immoral acts in disgust. We must hate embezzlers and homosexuals. The Bible says so.

kevincraig.us...

BOSTON -- Even if same-sex marriages become a reality in Washington, the federal government will not recognize those marriages. That has already prompted federal lawsuits in states where gay marriage has been on the books for years.

"It's sad and discouraging to know that we're treated as if there's a first- and second-class system of marriages," said Marlin Nabors, who lives in Massachusetts and married Jonathan Knight five years ago.

www.king5.com...
edit on 3-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Yeah, the US's oppression of their own people is as bad or worse than Irans.
The US dont allow them to marry, Iran kills them.

Show me a link from the last hundred years showing a government condoned hanging of gays or stoning of women? Hell, I'll be happy if you simply show me any federally commissioned execution of a person for a crime such as sodomy or a female committing adultery. Except you don't seem to understand the significance of a government actually encouraging such actions. Yes, the US has pretty bad human rights when it comes to bombing other countries, but Iran and Saudi Arabia and such take the cake in abuse towards their own citizens. The US can't hold a candle to Iran in that respect.

So hurry up and find me those government condoned executions! Should be easy for you!
edit on 5-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You keep telling me how big a donor your country is. www.mapsofworld.com... Britain is 5th. If our economy was as large as yours I'm sure we'd be first. We still come 5th with 40.3x less landmass and 5x less people. Go figure.

en.wikipedia.org...

I realise my supporting data was a bit dated so here's a more relevant link. Also note you only top 1 chart, to which we are 4th. And humanitarian aid to GNI you fall pretty low. Oh and ODA to GNI you fall lower than even Australia, you know, the ones you told to get back in their place?

edit on 5-3-2012 by CR4V3N because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join