It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by beam1

How might Iran retaliate in the aftermath of a limited Israeli or U.S. strike? The most economically devastating of Iran’s potential responses would be closure of the Strait of Hormuz. According to open-source order of battle data, as well as relevant analogies from military history and GIS maps, Iran does possess significant littoral warfare capabilities, including mines, antiship cruise missiles, and land-based air defense. If Iran were able to properly link these capabilities, it could halt or impede traffic in the Strait of Hormuz for a month or more. U.S. attempts to reopen the waterway likely would escalate rapidly into sustained, large-scale air and naval operations during which Iran could impose significant economic and military costs on the United States—even if Iranian operations were not successful in truly closing the strait. The aftermath of limited strikes on Iran would be complicated and costly, suggesting needed changes in U.S. force posture and energy policy.

belfercenter.ksg.harvard.edu...

I couldn't get your link to work
If it was a comment on VOLUMN of oil through the straights..that isn't the big factor
the price would go to 200 to 250 a barrel many pundits say and the fragile us economy would be in deep deep trouble....

but all the countries the US is alienating would be poised like vultures...knowing Iran isn't the last county in line for regime change all the other new oil powers would be thinkin PRE-EMPTIVELY

edit to add the above post re china
OBAMA just skuttled the Canadian pipe line from the tarsands to the US, and Warren Buffet and Bill Gates bought HUGE stakes in CANADIAN railways that ship oil from the tar sands to the coast of BC and thence to China

like I said the US is being sold out by the bankers Israel and the President of the world

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Please tell me what you said here is a fact... Since when has opinions been a fact, if thats the case then in my opinion we will always be the super power, i must be right right?! I understand that this is a conspiracy site, jusy holy crap you guys be on another level! And force on ppl as facts...

Keep thinking america is stupid... Its perfectly fine.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join