It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Static electricity retention possible relationship to sleep paralysis.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The other day i was using a audio receiver and had a computer on at the same time. All day long i was retaining static electricity real badly and both pieces of eqiupment had aluminum cases. So every time i would touch the cases i would get a shock. Sometimes even seeing the blue arc. So i had a friend with me and i asked him if this also happened to him and he said it did not.

Right after i asked him i said watch this and touch the case and sure enough we heard the usual sound of a static shock. Then, and this was really kind of funny but got me a little concerned, i pushed a mini connector into the computers audio input and at the same time my friend had a wireless headphone on and it was connected to the audio receiver, which is separate piece of equipment from the computer. I heard the static noise and saw a small blue arc and the current ran back through the mini plug and i heard a fairly loud pop and my friend eyes lit up and he was like..."whoa" and had a surprised look on his face so he took off the headphones and they were dead. No damage to my friend though.

I seem to retain an awful lot of static electricity. I touch car door handles and get shocks even if it is right after discharging the electricity i wait a little longer and it comes back but never really though about it until i started reading abut Sleep Paralysis. How normal is this static electricity retention?

My question is do people with reoccurring SP, not just one time or a few times, but hard core SP notice that they retain static electricity more than what seems normal?

edit on 1-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Every day i have been static shocked. i cant say for every one else but it has happen more often for the last 2 years
what about every one else ? but for the sleep paralysis i could say that when i was a child it would happen often, so there might be some thing there maybe a link between them ...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I guess my friend just never noticed his own static electricity because i always thought everyone transfered static electricity fairly regularly. Another reason that made me question this was referenced in the OP about the car door. I just never heard anyone mention that opening a car door gave them a shock yet i seem to get this often.

I have not done much research on electricity retained in the human body. After i made this thread i searched for the combination of static electricity and SP.

Here is the link to that search:

www.google.com...

I have not gone through many of the links to see the connection but some people seem to be asking this question.

I think this is getting on the right track:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well hopefully my internet connection doesn't die on my post this time. It did just a minute ago for no reason.

I have had some static electricity problems on occasion when touching water and sometimes at other times. I'm not going to go into detail since that post got wiped out and I'm worried it will again if I take the time right now.

Anyway I haven't noticed any sleep paralysis but have on occasion noticed static shocks at weird times. I was wondering if it meant I had an iron build up in my blood if I easily accumulate the static but it's not consistent.

I don't know why I'm having trouble even adding comments tonight. I was going to post I have already posted other comments on this site. I seem to be having a difficult time posting information tonight.
edit on 2/3/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
How do you walk?
Do you lift your feet off carpet...or do you drag/rub the soles of your feet on carpet?

Akushla

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I have often gotten static shocks when touching water at church where there is no carpet and I don't drag my feet. I even open doors before I touch the water. I have received static shocks when touching the water coming out of my own water faucet at home but just not lately. In those cases, I touched the water faucet handles to turn it on first and picked up a cup out of my refrigerator. I experienced no static shock before touching the water in those cases. I experienced the shock when touching the water. That hasn't happened in the last year or two so something has changed. Perhaps some sort of friction in church builds up a static charge on me before I leave or when I arrive. The air at church is often hot and dry so it may not have much moisture in it. I believe they often have the thermostat set at 80 or something even though they had it a little bit cooler than 80 my last visit.

I've had a number of surprise static electricity shocks while buying groceries at Walmart. It surprises me because there seems to be no reason for it at times and then I get hit hard and almost jump. It doesn't happen every time I visit, just every once in a while. There is no carpet at Walmart either.

edit on 2/3/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Perhaps you are just overly-ionised...the water would make sense, water (but mostly running water) produces a negative ion field, I don't know much about this, but perhaps you are negatively-ion charged and coming into contact with negatively charged ions produces the static. I have no idea how you could be charged in this way...

Are you a happy person? (I don't mean that to sound accusatory!)

Akushla

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I know with my Tempo(first car), and a lot of times when I pet my cat(after we are done playing playing in the living room) I would get zapped. Maybe a few times a year I get sleep paralysis.

Interesting idea, granted correlations don't automatically equal causation, but still interesting hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have really bad static electricity for most of every winter. It's when the temperature is below -10C, and it lasts. It's loud, it hurts, I touch the wood on doors before touching the handle, or else it's loud enough for people to look at me weird. Hurts all the way to the elbow at times.

I get it no matter what I wear.

My 2 larger dogs collect it also, but they like it. They rub themselves on the furniture, and they sparkle if the lights are low. They keep doing it, so I think they get a kind of high off it. My little dog doesn't like it at all.

That said, no sleep paralysis ever.....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
How do you walk?
Do you lift your feet off carpet...or do you drag/rub the soles of your feet on carpet?

Akushla

Yes, i am a foot dragger. Just caught me off guard when someone told me they never got shocked. Now i dont believe him or he just does not even realize it.

So basically there is no known relationship to SP and static electricity.

As an aside, any of you guys aware of SP experienced by multiple people?

I was reading the case files for the Amityville Horror and was thinking if it is possible for them all to have been experiencing SP at the time of this event. It occurred at close to 3am. The rifle used was test fired in that house and the shots could be heard as far as five blocks away. So I was wondering if they all had sleep paralysis at the time. That was one strange case.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join