It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

speech jamming gun can silence anyone instantly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
the national institute of advanced industrial science and technology in japan just invented somthing kinda cool, just wander if it will work on the neighbors dogs.

www.popsci.com...

Those damned Japanese, they just always make the coolest stuff, how long till we get these here?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Cool yes, but what's the purpose?
Though I can see how this could solve some domestic violence

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
useful and quite logical actually. yes.
just have them hear their own voice with a ever so slight delay.

The wannabe conspiracy theorist in me does see potential for this to be abused (don't like what the politician is saying, point this thingie at him and watch him stumble his words and become confused/frustrated.

but then again, that could be a bonus

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Cool yes, but what's the purpose?
Though I can see how this could solve some domestic violence

purpose is anything you can think of really
shutting those chatty schoolkids up while class is in session, quieting the loud mouth trying to interrupt a conversation, etc...there is no stated specific target audience.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Haha this happened to me today when my friend was testing out his bluetooth headset in the car. I could hear myself talking in the background and I couldn't finish my sentence. It was a very strange feeling.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Was going to say the same.
Wish I had one of these around the house for when the GF comes over.
Maybe one at work too for my boss.

Ah, what the heck. I'll get one more to use at the movie theater, as well. - "Run! Don't be goin' in that bedroom! He gonna keel you!"
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My experience of this over 30 years ago was that speech was possible but certain words were difficult. For example the word animal was pronounced 'animabal'.

I suspect this is a gadget being creatively advertised.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I can see a lot of husbands wanting this for their nagging wives...I know I wish I would have had one years ago when an ex of mine would not shut up....

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Dave Chapelle invented a similar device a long ago

Behold the Wrap it up box!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kester

I just wanna play with one for about a month until I have milked all the possibilities out of it, cop pulls you over for speeding, sir, do you know why I ppppppplllemjn nhdjshdjjk nfdk ,uehjh hjdh...............................(gets in car leaves)
Annoying black lady in line behind me at the store on the phone with her friend talking way to loud, to insure we all know she is cheating on her bf or what ever " I TOLD YA GIRL!!!! I TOLD YA , I TOLD YA ,I TOLD YA, YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING? SO ANYWAYS........................................) Ah the sweet sounds of silence. My girl comes over bitching..........................ah!

Ok it is official, I dont need to play with one of these I will only cause misery to others.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I could use one of them for my girlfriend.

Just think, if human took our energy we could create awesome things. Instead we have speech jamming guns, gigantic banks, debt, obesity, monsanto, cancer, autism, obama, and hot dog eating contests.

Oh how far we have come.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jesiaha

Simply brilliant! I forgot all about that skit, I loved the Chappelle show when it was on. Very nice!
second line!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
IJust think, if human took our energy we could create awesome things. Instead we have speech jamming guns, ... and hot dog eating contests.

Oh how far we have come.

Damn straight! It does not get better than this! Men have been trying for thousands of years to figure out a way to get their wife to zip her mouth shut for once.

This is more than just a great innovation. This is proof that we are at the very pinnacle of mankind's accomplishments itself!
edit on 1-3-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
This could be used to stop whistleblowers, in public or on live tv... Oh wait, they already have the new extended delay for live tv. But during public appearances and speeches...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

maybe bush was a lab test haha

i love that quote he used fool me once
lmfbo
edit on 2/3/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good find!!

Husbands throughout the world are having a massive celebration over this!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If the people targeted by this tech don't stop talking when subjected to it, will others around hear a kind of echoing of the words said, or is only the speaker hearing it?

But maybe with good training, you can overcome the psychological trick and keep on protesting, if the need is there to.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

Sounds to me that this is the perfect "tool" to use on occupy protestors and ATS members.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Sort of reminds me of this (kinda)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For this relief, much thanks, as the soldier said just before he saw Hamlet's father's ghost.

If there is any justice in the world, statues will be erected to the inventors of this device.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join