It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incurable "VIRUS Of The LAMBS" Wipes out Thousands of Aminals in Seconds! Prophecied?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by MeesterB
Realistically, with the potential of this virus it only makes sense to start culling. The shepherds are going to get the short end of the stick when it's all said and done. Maybe the gubment might give them some money, or maybe they are broke.

And how on earth will culling cure the problem? The virus is carried by midges which bite their host. With warm damp weather the midges spread like crazy. We are currently having nice warm damp winter......just wait till things start to warm up in the spring.

Presumably if you kill all the animals then wait for the carrier midges to die you could re-stock from an uninfected population. The trouble is it would only take one infected animal to re-start the problem.

This is a farming nightmare.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What if, now just hear me out, I know this sounds crazy, but what if, it is just a really nasty virus?
Nothing to do with GMO.
Nothing to do with nasty elite types trying to control the world like James Bond baddies.
No vengeful gods teaching us a lesson.
No pharmaceutical companies with an agenda to then sell a cure.

Lets be honest, there has been no hint at anything other than a nasty virus rearing it's ugly head.
There are millions, if not billions of different viruses, and variations of viruses, they are going to emerge from time time.
Maybe, just maybe, this is one of these events?

Untill there is even some sort of hint at foul play, why jump to conclusions?

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Now they are blaming climate change, the grand daddy of their fear campaign..Anything to further the "unite the world" into it's changes - get rid of the dastardly practices of eating meat and letting cows fart.

"More cases of an exotic virus that has caused deformed and stillborn lambs across England are "inevitable", with the disease potentially spreading across the entire UK, scientists said on Thursday. They blamed climate change for bringing the virus to the country and said other new viruses could follow."
m.guardian.co.uk...

Never mind that the ewes conceived in September and October and the cattle last summer which was no different than any other year.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
"It puts its opinion in the post , it does this when its told"

That was hilarious.

This is so sad, I love lambs, the poor things.

Perhaps it has to do with the conditions under which they are born and raised.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its probably just an African virus that Britain imported from the flood of immigrants there.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerisa
www.goshen.edu...

Humans, pigs, sheep all have similar biological make up....hmmmm....

Perhaps not directly related but HORSES and cattle are dying in US... and thousands of Dolphins are "stampeding"

perhaps the dolphins are trying to warn us (of what)?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Schmallenberg virus is the informal name given to an orthobunyavirus related to Shamonda virus, which has not been given a formal name as of January 2012
Important Topic Updates
, initially reported in November 2011 to cause fetal congenital malformations and stillbirths in cattle, sheep, and goats.[1]

It appears to be transmitted by midges (Culicoides spp.) which are likely to have been most active in causing the infection in the northern hemisphere summer and autumn of 2011, with animals subsequently giving birth from late 2011.[1]

The virus is named after Schmallenberg, in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, from where the first definitive sample was derived.[1] It has also been detected in Lower Saxony in Germany [2], as well as in the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Italy and the United Kingdom.[3]

The virus has been recognised by the European Commission's Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health[1] and the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut (German Research Institute for Animal Health)[2]. A risk assessment in December 2011 did not consider it likely to be a threat to human health[4], as other comparable viruses are not zoonotic[2].

It was confirmed as present in the UK on 22 January 2012, having been formally identified in four sheep farms in Norfolk, Suffolk and East Sussex.[5] By 27 February 2012, the disease was reported in other counties in the south of England including the Isle of Wight, Wiltshire, West Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire and Cornwall. [6] It is likely that it was carried to Eastern England by midges from mainland Europe,[5] a possibility previously identified as a risk by DEFRA.[5]

The virus causes two different profiles of Schmallenberg:

Fever of short duration, diarrhoea and reduced production of milk in cows
These symptoms have occurred during the period when the disease vectors (mosquitos, sandflies, midges) are active, during the summer and autumn of 2011, mainly affecting cattle.

Stillbirths and birth defects in sheep, cattle and goats
Congenital malformations in newborn sheep, goats and calves are the most obvious symptoms. In many cases, the mother apparently has not presented symptoms of illness. These cases have occurred from December 2011, especially in sheep. The major malformations observed were: scoliosis, hydrocephalus, arthrogryposis, hypoplasia of the cerebellum and an enlarged thymus.

It does not appear to kill the majority of adults only the offspring. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A question or two.......
Is it nessessarily a virus which, once contracted,will kill ALL the offspring of the adultÉ
Or is a pregnant animal getting the disease,and birthing a deformed kid,
just going to have a normal kid once the disease passes........and are the adults then immune to reinfection..............

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NZkraw
This has me thinking.
They're engineering Beef made out of stem-cell to replace real Beef, and soon possibly with Lamb and other meat product.
What if this is to try get people to purchase the stem-cell meat?

Also, what if its just a ploy for something else.
Human experimentation with the world's population?

www.hlntv.com...
www.rawstory.com...

It is quiet disturbing really.

I honestly can't think of anything more grotesque than people pigging out on stem cell burgers. What is the point of that? Kill babies instead of animals? It's almost as if they're trying to do anything they can to be immoral and disgusting, even if it doesn't make sense to do so. Seems like an excuse to commit infanticide and abortion if you ask me. These "people" HATE life, they want to control and dominate it. And if they can't they'll merely kill it, and they especially seem to enjoy killing innocents.

I've come to the conclusion that tptb are not human beings, they just can't be! These crazy reptilian theories are becoming more believable by the day.
edit on 1-3-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

radiation does not cause viruses.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm not one to go overboard on the conspiracy theories & I typically look for a logical explanation before going there but something about this has me very worried. Could this be one of the multitude of viruses that have manifested & mutated from time to time? Yes, it absolutely could be & I pray that this is the case. With that said, the mechanism with how this virus attacks gives me the goose bumps so I'm going to go out on a limb & throw out a hypothesis that I typically would stay away from because it is so diabolical that it's hard for me to even contemplate such evil. If someone else has presented something similar while I was writing this, I apologize. These are my main considerations & then I'll elaborate.

1. The world is overpopulated & our resources, we are told, are being drained (very little effort is being put on sustainable sciences that would supply free clean energy, food, clean air, fuel, etc., which is unexplainable);
2. many believe there is a nefarious group that is bent on world domination & there are clues all over the world supporting that a key element to their plan is population control;
4. it would be to their advantage to accomplish this in stages since killing over 6.5 billion people would definitely draw attention & create total anarchy which they won't be able to control even with Martial Law (see below). It is to TPTB's benefit to accomplish this goal slowly & in stages. I personally believe that this has been tried &, thank goodness, failed on the grand scale they had in mind (i.e. think AIDS, etc.);
5. this plan has been tried and succeed since different species of animals have seen the migration of this "virus" from breed to breed, and
6. TPTB have been working on their goal of world domination for a long time & have proved to be a patient & devious bunch.

We have all discussed the world-wide clues which seem to point to the goal of population control (someone previously mentioned the GA Guidestones & I can't help but think of those upsetting murals at Denver International, which I personally think is a warning to the world as opposed to rubbing a plan in our faces, but that is for another thread). Let's stretch our imaginations for a moment & realize that since this particular virus has leaped from animal to animal, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that it could mutate & eventually affect humans. What type of anarchy would break out if, all of the sudden, millions upon billions of humans started dropping dead from some "mystery" virus that our governments supposedly could not control? I personally believe that this is is something that was contemplated & then ditched for the time being on a massive scale as people starting questioning (think about the weird adds for zombie preparedness, etc.) . Do we really think that TPTB would want to deal with potentially billions of people revolting?

Martial law is iffy. We've seen throughout history how the military often reacts when something threatens humanity. In times of war, our military is oftentimes our heroes & protectors (& I'm referring to the men & women of our armed forces & not the people who unconscionably put them in harms way with bogus wars and military actions), but in times of peace, there have been many examples of the military putting their humanism over their military responsibility especially when is comes taking fatal action against their own people. So TPTB are faced with a dilemma. The Guidestones called for a population of no more than 500M people which would mean that TPTB would need to kill more than 6.5 billion people AT TODAY'S COUNTING. How are they going to accomplish this without total anarchy breaking out (& I don't care how many FEMA camps or similar organizations/internment camps there are in other countries of which we're probably not even aware - 6.5B people is an unimaginable number)? But what if the plan is to start killing off segment by segment? From an analytical point of view, this would solve MANY of their problems, especially if this so called internet "kill switch" was suddenly activated and instantaneous communication as we know it today were to cease to exist? What about those nations that don't rely on the internet as much as others - they could start with populations of people that are somewhat isolated (think Rwanda and many other African nations, just as one example); however, what good would that do if we just kept reproducing & slowly replacing that population? What segment of the population do you think TPTB might start with? People who can revolt or our unborn children? What type of emotional (and therefore panicking and controllable) emotional state would we all be in if our ability to reproduce was eradicated by some incurable virus? At the end of the day, I'm effectively talking about forced sterilization here (except for the select few who are the predecessors of TPTB, of course).

CONTINUED BELOW...

edit on 3/1/2012 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is my prediction: I believe that they will find a "cure" for this latest virus because they need it to disappear long enough for the "dots" not to be connected. There might be some price gauging during that time on what will be defined as luxury meats because why not take advantage of the situation from their point of view? Within 3-5 years, "a" virus of supposed unknown origin will strike mankind (whether or not it starts with animals will be unimportant because this latest animal virus was an experiment in which they proved their capability of "jumping" a virus from one breed to another). Sterilization will first widely occur due to this virus and then They will then do one of two things - they will either let most of mankind die off since we have lost the ability to reproduce, but this will take too much time so I'll go with option two - they will start to slowly use this virus against segment after segment until they have reached their goals of population control. Perhaps we'll see the "zombie" situation at that time which we're now being prepped for. There will be so much dependence on our governments due to fear by that point, we won't have the wherewithal to organize a revolt and will gladly submit to their promises of rescue from a horrible fate. Before we realize it, it will be too late.

As I said before, I am not typically a conspiracy theorist but if I would planning depopulating the world in a systematic & insidious manner (as much as it could be unnoticed or explained away), this is how I would strategically plan it.

Okay, let's hear the rebuttals & impracticalities to this hypothesis & PLEASE have as many as possible because this is the stuff that nightmares are made of. Rebuttals will be seen as a relief.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GilesCampbell

Schmallenberg virus is the informal name given to an orthobunyavirus related to Shamonda virus, which has not been given a formal name as of January 2012

Originally posted by GilesCampbell
A risk assessment in December 2011 did not consider it likely to be a threat to human health[4], as other comparable viruses are not zoonotic[

You guys may be onto something regarding the informality as well as the greater family of Orthobunyaviruses with Schmallengerg being an informal name given to thisorthobunyavirus indeed related to Shamonda virus

journals.lww.com...

/Musings_of_a_Cancer_Doctor___On_Orthobunyaviruses.16.aspx

"The virus is transmitted by midges and belongs to an obscure grouping called the orthobunyaviruses. So far there is no evidence that the virus can spread to humans, and let's hope it never does: Jumping species to the human population would be a nightmare. Midges don't care for humans to the extent, say, of mosquitoes, so for the moment we appear safe."

"A disease once confined to Sub-Saharan primates emerged from Africa, carried around the world on Boeing's wings (Patient Zero in the AIDS epidemic being a lethally promiscuous flight attendant), demonstrating the ability of modern technology to spread rather than halt disease. And with it came the growing realization that the age of epidemic disease was not over. We had fooled ourselves based on a brief respite."

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I really hate and I can't emphasise how much I hate quoting religious texts. But isn't it predicted in revelation that when there are no more new souls in heaven that will be the last sigh before the end? If mammals if all kind can't have kids well........

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
I honestly can't think of anything more grotesque than people pigging out on stem cell burgers. What is the point of that? Kill babies instead of animals? It's almost as if they're trying to do anything they can to be immoral and disgusting, even if it doesn't make sense to do so. Seems like an excuse to commit infanticide and abortion if you ask me.

The stem cells are from the CATTLE not from humans.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Unless you actually mean killing of baby animals, but then:

The lab-grown meat created so far has been grown from stem cells taken from foetal calf serum. This is usually a by-product of slaughter, although stem cells could be harvested in smaller volumes without killing animals.

edit on 1-3-2012 by writtenimage because: added quote from source

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
And yet these goons want to put sanctions on Iranian oil, why dont they dig a hole for themselves already.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by writtenimage

Thank goodness it's not human beings, I've just been hearing so much crazy stuff lately.

BUT REGARDLESS, it's still nasty!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hopefully this is just another animal virus outbreak that they will stop like so many others in the past.
Hopefully this is not a master depopulation campaign.
Overpopulation cure? Kill all newborns. A "we'll abort that baby for you" kind of a thing.
Not to mention you can control the existing population by controlling the food. " here, eat this stem cell burger"
Or is just the earth's way of controlling us all?
We'll see.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
I really hate and I can't emphasise how much I hate quoting religious texts. But isn't it predicted in revelation that when there are no more new souls in heaven that will be the last sigh before the end? If mammals if all kind can't have kids well........

I think there is indeed a shortage of souls in the heaven that the evil souls from hell are coming on earth and are trying their best to destroy it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
No one's asked just how this was spread over the span of an ocean. I can't imagine livestock husbandry is such a booming business that we bought animals from the very specific groups and/or areas of infection, only to have our own livestock infected.

With all the trouble created from the H1N1 situation last time around when that one pharmaceutical corporation was found to have shipped it to Europe (after the patents were made for treatments, of course), I'm a little surprised to hear about another cross-specie disease so soon again.

I'm not a pharmacologist or chemist but I know enough to understand the likelihood of such a thing coming about by nature would be something truly incredible.

Virus found in Antarctica bottled and released in northern hemisphere?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join