It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Assaults Ben Bernanke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thread title from youtube video, abbreviated for humor:

RP: Do you do your own shopping at the grocery store?
BB: Yes I do.
RP: So you're aware of the prices...This argument that the prices are going up 2%, no one believes it. The old CPI says that the prices are going up 9%. They believe this. People on fixed incomes are really hurting. The middle class are really hurting. Their inflation rate is very much higher than the government tries to tell them. And that why they loose trust in government....

Someone is stealing wealth and this is very upsetting.... You poked fun at people to downplay the inflation rate. You said it doesn't hurt you unless you are one of those people who stuff thier money in a Tmattress. But where are you going to put it? Are you going to put it in a CD and not make any money at all? This doesn't make any sense at all. It does not encourage savings and it discourages people.

I do want to make a point about prices... You took over the fed in 2006. I have a silver ounce here. This ounce of silver back in 2006 would buy over 4 gallons of gasoline. Today it will buy almost 11 gallons of gasoline. That's preservation of value. That is what the market has always said should be money. Money comes into effect in a natural way not by edict, not by fiat (by governments declaring it is money).

Why is it we can't consider, the two of us an option. You love paper money, I think money should be honest, constitutional -still on the books, Gold an Silver legal tender. Why don't we use it?

Why don't we allow currencies to run parallel? they do around the world. One of my options, as much as I want to do something with the fed, I say the fed's going to self destruct eventually anyway when the money's gone. Why wouldn't we legalize competing currencies. Why can't people put this [holds up silver] in a mattress and save 4, 5 times the value in a few years? So the record of what you have done over the last years is destroy the value of real money - ah well, of paper money. At the same time real money is preserved.

BB: No one prevents you from holding silver or gold...
RP: That's not money. When you pay taxes to buy a coin, or you have capital gains tax. If you have to settle a lawsuit its always settled in depreciating federal reserve notes. It's never settled in the real contract. So that's nothing near money when it's illegal to use it.

*shakes sore fingers from transcribing*

*owwww*

Go Ron Paul... there is more in the video, please do watch, but I know a lot of people would prefer to skim the info so I transcribed most of it for your perusal.

Ron Paul is again spot on in so many ways. Every time I goto the grocery store this weeks "sale prices" were last weeks normal/high prices. It's getting so incredibly painful to shop.

2% is a joke.. and the recent 3 percent raise after 3-5 years of no raises was a real slap in the face. The last time us disabled vets got a raise gas was at at dollar something a gallon, and food prices were over 10-20 percent lower. Now gas is ~4-6 dollars depending on where you live and food prices are skyrocketing!

The only place 2 percent is a reality is our savings... you are lucky if you can get a rate of 2 percent on anything unless you lock up your money for 4-10 years in a CD.

We need to bring back rope, tar and feathering - maybe that would improve the congressional approval rate, if they new there was real consequences.... and if not... it sure would be some modicum of fun and payback...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Ben says at 4:44 "Congressman Paul, good to see you again"

(I wonder what he really thinks? )

Paul holds up a precious metals coin, waves it and speaks of the
self destrucion of the Federal Reserve!

Ron Paul the terrorist on the loose!

*People in the room exhange wide eyed looks when Paul talks of
folks getting arrested for using a Silver Eagle as currency*

Just look at Bernankes facial expressions...you can see the contempt.
Much as he trys to make light of it, Paul still gets under Bens skin.

edit on 29-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
He's a bane to many, who like the train they're conducting, or riding on...lol!
RP is/seems to be a railroad spike lying horizontally on the tracks, who may derail the train to ruin that we're on.

edit on 29-2-2012 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To be truthful, i have a secret wish RP wins by a landslide....
And i have a great fear, that RP is not the peoples man he claims to be.....
I tell you now, if he does win and nothing changes in a damn quick hurry, then "all options are back on the table"
There are peace loving people who will be very angry if nothing happens.....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I tell you now, if he does win and nothing changes in a damn quick hurry, then "all options are back on the table"

I have a non-secret, deep wish to see Ron Paul win, landslide or no.

And i share your deep seated fear deep in my gut that TPTB control all sides... even the descent.

But this is a fear that is common in abused people... they see their abusers as all powerful. In reality their abusers are not all powerful and they can stand up and take back their lives and get rid of the abusers.

Only rarely does it take your life... more often it just takes the guts to stand up and fight!!!

In reality they are a minority and in fear of us!
edit on 29-2-2012 by pianopraze because: word choice

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

There's only one way to find out. Not withstanding that, all of a sudden, as in like now, my tv screen is awash with gold and silver buyers ads, and they don't come from me and probably not Steptoe and Son...well not them in particular. Of course Bernanke didn't address anything except that it's okay to stuff your bed with silver, and most likely too that is exactly what the Fed is doing on the cheap.

Just to add, a real nuts and bolts, and refreshing thread.
edit on 29-2-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Someone is stealing wealth and this is very upsetting.... You poked fun at people to downplay the inflation rate. You said it doesn't hurt you unless you are one of those people who stuff their money in a mattress.

Bernanke will do anything possible to downplay the massive scam that is inflation. It's hurts more than just savings, it is the single greatest cause for rising prices. Things don't actually get more expensive unless the resources used to create that product are becoming more and more scarce, such as oil. Things are actually supposed to get cheaper and cheaper, because we get better at making them and our manufacturing techniques become more streamlined. That is exactly what has happened with computers and other electronic devices. But if you look at something like milk or bread or other foods and commodities, the prices always seem to be rising.

With most of these types of products you will find that the manufacturing techniques have remained the same for a long time, so if anything those types of products should remain at relatively constant prices unless we lose some large crops or something - which doesn't really happen often. So even though the resources required for making those products do not become more scarce very often, and in fact are probably becoming more abundant, we still see a consistent rise in prices. The reason these products are always rising in price is quite simple: it's not that they are becoming worth more, it's that the dollar is becoming worth less, and it's doing so at an incredibly frightening pace.

When you hear on TV "sick of the rising prices?", the way you should really understand that is "sick of the falling dollar?", because that's exactly what is happening. The real value of most commodities doesn't change very much, what actually changes is the price of those commodities relative to the purchasing power of the dollar. When the dollar becomes worth less, you need to pay more of it in order to supply the same amount of real value. Ron Paul thinks a gold standard would work because gold holds its value very well, and the reason for this is that the amount of gold on Earth is limited. No one knows how to create more gold out of thin air, thus no one can make the rest of the gold worth less by making more of it.

However, I still believe a gold standard currency has its flaws... and if you're paying attention you'll note that there is nothing wrong with fiat currency. The problem occurs when you create too much of said fiat currency and continuously devalue the rest of the currency by doing so. That shouldn't be allowed to happen, and the ability to do so certainly shouldn't be given to a quasi-government entity such as the FED. They are nothing but criminals in suits and they've worked very long and hard to get their way. They intentionally manipulated the economy so they they could create artificial panics and convince the Government to allow them a monopoly on money creation, through which they could create the Federal Reserve Note.

See this thread for a more in depth analysis on fiat money.
edit on 29-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I was hoping he physically assaulted him! *Kidding*.
I like Ron Paul's views on the Federal Reserve and the monetary system in general. Would be refreshing to have him in power - if he doesn't just become a lame duck after being elected.

new topics

top topics

join