It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class-Action Lawsuit Against Monsanto Is Dismissed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I've been trying to explain that to people for years. Damn you and your easy to understand charts lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
And here, for all to see, in glittering highlights flashed deep into the heart of the sky, is the reason why financial and political power, must be seperated from one another at all times. One should not be able to attain high public office, if one is heavily involved in any way, with private interest.

A nations government should be about majority focus. If a majority of people would prefer things one way, and a business leader or financial behemoth is unhappy about it, then it is in the interests of a reasonable and free government to take actions that benifit the people, not the purse strings. If that makes things tough for those who can afford to see half thier personal wealth evaporate, and still retain twenty staff about thier house, a grounds keeper, and a close protection detail at thier own expense, then what business does a government have making life hard for the majority of just barely solvent, or currently insolvent citizens?

Big pharma keep an iron grip on the medical industry all over this planet, but they can only do so in nations which have so called democracy, because they have friends in high places, short hand for corrupt individuals who would rather take the kick back they do not even NEED, than do something productive on behalf of thier nations residents. Big oil does the same, as do car manufacturers, steel merchants, and every other massive business type including banks.

In this case, the enormous agri-firms are doing the exact same thing, getting government to alter the law so that only products which have run through expensive and often unhelpful chemical and physical processing, can get to the supermarket shelves. They can only perform these acts of botanical tyranny because they have someone in thier pocket, wether that be entire government departments, individual politicians, or the un named civil servants that fill the gap between government and the people.

The simple solution to all of this is to insist that any person taking public office gives up his employment elsewhere on pain of imprisonment and treason charges. That would at least prevent any politician defending the interests of businesses over those of the people, a trait that consistantly proves ill thought out, and dangerous for the economy of a nation. A nations government should always favour the people over productivity, and be prepared to FORCE business to shut its mouth and deal fairly, on the basis that when dealing with enormous businesses like Monsanto you are talking about a company that can buy and sell nations if it so chooses, and probably DOES. They are not underprivileged kids, with a chip on thier shoulder. These are resourceful folks who know how to gain vast amounts of money, WITHOUT the ridiculous monopolisation they weild over the heads of all they see. They do not NEED governmental protection from anything.

The people on the other hand, need protecting from all the big players, and while boardmembers and lobbyists for the corperate machine that runs beneath the fabric of the whole world are those supposed to be providing that protection, (i.e. the politicians and public officials getting paid to do treasonous acts in the name of money) are acting against the interests of the people.

Get your representatives, councilmen, congressmen, and anyone else you can think of to fight private interest in the public sector. Only when this cancerous cell is excised, may the body of nations rebuild itself in a new and stronger way, a way which makes them more resistant to financial crashes, price rises, and insane levels of debt. Get the money out of politics, and return it to its purest form. Thats what I fight for here in the UK, and things are much the same if not worse in the US. That does not mean that the task ought to be shied away from, but that the problem is so severe that leaving it just one more day is a crime against your fellow man. Get out there and fight this thing. Get proactive.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This lawsuit will be back. the organic farmers will find farmers that HAVE been damaged by GM cross pollination.

This dismissal tells the organic farmers just what they need to show harm by Monsanto.

This suit being dismissed is not a bad thing in the long run as the next try will likely be easier to win. It gives them the parameters they need in court
edit on 28-2-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Mr. Confusion back again with another dumb question. Why is this a wrong decision?

I looked at one of the articles linked to by the source in the OP, from The Chicgao Tribune www.chicagotribune.com...

The Public Patent Foundation (PUBPAT) filed the suit last March on behalf of more than 50 organizations challenging the agricultural giant's patents on its genetically modified seeds. The group wanted a ruling that would prohibit Monsanto from suing the farmers or dealers if their organic seed becomes contaminated with Monsanto's patented biotech seed germplasm. (emphasis added)
I thought there had to be "a case or controversy" in order for a court to get involved. It looks like PUBPAT wanted the judge to consider what should be done IF there is a lawsuit sometime in the future. I didn't think courts worked like that.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
I dont want to live on this planet anymore.
well maybe the earth will take its revenge against
the ungrateful inhabitants this year.
Monfrankensanto is evil.. lets hope all wrongs are corrected.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I can't take credit for that - It came from this thread originally -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If the legal system is going to ignore us as a people, then it might be about time to start burning the crops.

Just sayin.......

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Horrible news but not surprising
Monsanto is more evil than the military industrial complex & big pharma combined

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wonder how much that judge benefited from that ruling?

Traitorous pigs should be burned to death in public.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Unless I'm missing something, I would have made the same ruling. I understand not liking the result, but I can't see where it's legally wrong.

"Your Honor, make it so Monsanto can't sue us if their seed gets into our fields."
"Have they sued you? Have they started to sue you? Have they said they will sue you?"
"No"
"Come back when we have something to talk about."

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
And here's a big part of the reason they get away with what they do -- check out this thread from last November -- in case some of you may have missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-2-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Also Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was a lawyer for Monsanto before his life long appointment to one of the most powerful positions in the US government.

Monsanto is truly above the law in the US. More citizens are waking up to this fact. A simple boycott of their products will not work because of all the government contracts they have and the subsidies they are continually awarded.

The only fix would be a revolution within the US government.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Looks like fictional character Tyler Durden was right.

It becomes clear that our legal system and in fact our whole system of government is nothing but a facade, giving the illusion of choice and justice. The government is at this point beyond dysfunctional, and IMO beyond the point of tiny fixes. Minor changes while going on about as business as usual is a recipe for failure.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Whats amazing to me is that Monsanto properties have not been burned to the ground. Yeah Monsanto had not harmed the farmers but where did the farmers whom Monsanto did sue harm them? Farking corrupt judges...Sigh! Monsanto is the seat of evil and the tip of the spear in the elites eugenics program to reduce the population.

I am also surprised that Monsanto has not been burned to the ground. I am surprised too that their evil minions out serving warrants on innocent farmers have not comeback without their kneecaps.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

"Your Honor, make it so Monsanto can't sue us if their seed gets into our fields." "Have they sued you? Have they started to sue you? Have they said they will sue you?" "No"

Judge: Have they set a precedent for suing organic farmers from which you feel you need protection?

Yes, your honor.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
wow, can anyone say crooked judge, bought and paid for.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can NOT type my feelings right now, otherwise I probably would get a decorum sticker on it....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Maybe its just me. Weren't the courts in created to solve a dispute between two parties? No crime too big, and no crime too small? To flat out say we will not hear any of it, isn't that, i don't know, unconstitutional and/or unethical?

I mean, jesus, our powerful rulers are denying legitimate action between two parties because they don't believe it? I sure would love to just go commit crimes and have a judge say he didn't believe I could do that particular crime and the plaintiffs are making unfounded accusations.

At least let people have their damn day in an honest courtroom. Actions speak louder than words. The denial to have this brought up or even investigated is a red flag to me.

This "we know better than you" attitude against the people is getting really old. Its not only happening here but worldwide. Maybe the people in charge just can't take the hint.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

It's easy to not like the decision, but a court is not a place where you can decide a case which may or not happen in the future. A case that might come up when the laws are different, when there are different facts, when precedent may have been established by another court.

The plaintiffs are looking for a judge to declare now that Monsanto would lose some kind of law suit in the future, so they shouldn't be allowed to try ever regardless of the circumstances.

I think what you're looking for is a law to give farmers protection, not a court ruling.

It seems, unless there are additional facts, that this should not have been in a court, and was properly dismissed.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Considering we are all told "we must protect the planet" surely the first place to start would be those creating all the nasty chemicals?

Stop buying the chemicals.
Household cleaners and sprays - use an alternative.
Garden chemicals - use an alternative.

DONT BUY CHEMICALS. Use alternatives.

Only one chemical should be allowed, the one that will end Monsanto. We could call it Monsanticide.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Simply boycotting Monsanto will not greatly hurt them. They have massive government contracts all over the world, there is no way of telling(at least they won't tell us) what crops are from Monsanto seeds, there is no way of keeping their corn out of the ethanol supply that is used in our automobiles, and the are the beneficiaries of an obscene amount government subsidies.

Like I posted before, simply boycotting Monsanto will not destroy them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join