It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure Project 2001 and its purpose, do you know..?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Any person interested in UFOs knows about the Disclosure Project organised by Dr Steven M Greer MD on May 9th 2001 at the National Pess Club in Washington DC.

After each confession the witness says....I will, or, I am willing to testify under oath before congress...

So, why do these people not testify before congress and help this disclosure "problem" to the next world?

Am I missing something here,..what are they waiting for..?

I was always thought that after these testimonies of the witnesses disclosure by the US government was inevitable, undenieable and indisputable and soon to be followed. What happened?

For the people who do not have a clue what I am talking about, watch this...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Any person interested in UFOs knows about the Disclosure Project organised by Dr Steven M Greer MD on May 9th 2001 at the National Pess Club in Washington DC.

After each confession the witness says....I will, or, I am willing to testify under oath before congress...

So, why do these people not testify before congress and help this disclosure "problem" to the next world?

Am I missing something here,..what are they waiting for..?

I was always thought that after these testimonies of the witnesses disclosure by the US government was inevitable, undenieable and indisputable and soon to be followed. What happened?

For the people who do not have a clue what I am talking about, watch this...

Congress isn't interested and isn't asking.

The man that organised it (Dr Greer) succumbed to the lure of fleecing the gullible and brought the whole thing into disrepute.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Yeah, i think Greer's intentions were honourable to begin with (2001) but he has long since either sold out or become 'compromised" somehow.. i wouldn't trust him if even he told me the sun was hot and bears sh*t in the woods!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that if congress doesn't feel like hearing about a certain subject they do not have to? And that congress is so narrow sighted to ignore credible (former) government employees because of the reputation of one?

If this is the case there is no hope for the USA...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that if congress doesn't feel like hearing about a certain subject they do not have to? And that congress is so narrow sighted to ignore credible (former) government employees because of the reputation of one?

you got it

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The disclosure project was a great idea, but the witnesses were populated by idiotic charlatans mixed with potential diamonds in the rough......that kind of idiotic nonsense doomed it from the start. Might as well have rented a Holiday Inn meeting room and made fools of themselves rather than renting out the Washing Press Club (which is no different than a Holiday Inn meeting room, but the name of the place impresses the gullible, and some ignorant folks thinks it gives whatever is being conducted there an "air of authenticity". Sad.

There has been no congressional holdings that would have required any of these people to perjure themselves in from of congress anyway, so it was a waste of time, but they were all told to say that so they sound all high and mighty.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

No, not at all. Don't you know how the country works? There has to be sufficient public pressure on their locally elected officials to warrant a major congressional investigation (it can happen other ways to , but in this case that was the goal). The problem is, in order to warrant serious pressure on regional politicians, they need to see their public constituents being outraged every day about it on the main stream news. It has to be front page crap. People need to demand it. That can't and wont ever happen, because of the actions of the ignorant morons who work daily to make us all look bad. They don't do it on purpose either, that's the sad part.

Ever wonder why when a newscast is forced to read a UFO related story, the end it with a joke or a snicker most of the time? You want congress to do something about it, fix our public relation problems first. Fix our problems from within then start with this disclosure project stuff done by someone who knows how the real world works.

It;s not brain surgery, it's called reality, Those interested in this subject have a distinct lack of know-how when it comes to the world they live in. Sad.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

One of the main points of the Disclosure Project was that the Geopolitical Powers-That-Be are holding back "Disclosure" in order to preserve their own power.

As far as I can tell this is still true today.

However, if you believe people like Fulford and David Wilcock, the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Bushes etc are very close to being brought down.

Once that finally happens, a lot of changes will start happening very fast...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

What happened? 9/11 happened. Is there a connection? What do you think?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

What a shame and waste of opportunity.....that is all I can say. If I understand the replies so far correctly much of the blame and set-back for disclosure lies with the incompetence of Greer as a organiser and as a person. My intuition says that there was maybe a little more to the failure of this "project".

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by zatara

What happened? 9/11 happened. Is there a connection? What do you think?

Do you not agree with what an other ATS member said about the massive duck-up by Greer. The ATS-member in question argued..
-------
The disclosure project was a great idea, but the witnesses were populated by idiotic charlatans mixed with potential diamonds in the rough......that kind of idiotic nonsense doomed it from the start. Might as well have rented a Holiday Inn meeting room and made fools of themselves rather than renting out the Washing Press Club (which is no different than a Holiday Inn meeting room, but the name of the place impresses the gullible, and some ignorant folks thinks it gives whatever is being conducted there an "air of authenticity". Sad.

There has been no congressional holdings that would have required any of these people to perjure themselves in from of congress anyway, so it was a waste of time, but they were all told to say that so they sound all high and mighty.
-------

911 was unfortunate to happen that same year but can we really pinn the failure of the Disclosure Project on that event? It seems that the US congress is impenetrable for the wishes of the people. 911 can be a classic example for that argument too.

edit on 27/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I wouldn't say that.

It's easy to just put all the blame on Greer, and a lot of people do it. But there are a lot of factors involved besides just Greer and his actions.

As MissSmartyPants rightly pointed out, shortly after the Disclosure Project conference, 9/11 happened, and then suddenly everything was about the "Global War on Terror". And then the Global Financial Crisis after that. So those events likely took a lot of the wind out of the Disclosure sails.

And as I mentioned before, all the most powerful people in the world have been actively working to prevent "Disclosure". It won't happen until those people are arrested or otherwise removed from power.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

My intuition says that there was maybe a little more to the failure of this "project".

No sir, no secret cabal of folks keeping down the truth, no hidden institution defeating this "project". None of that nonsense. Sorry, I know that reality is way more boring, and it is very exciting to think that there is more to it. But you know what, reality doesn't care what you think.

What happened is 100% what I said happened. No tin foil hat conspiracy, no hidden agenda from some secret organization, just a bunch of ignorance useful idiots that don't understand how the real world works setting this subject back years and years with misguided stunts like this.

That's all there is to it. You know guy, not everything has to do with some conspiracy, there is such a thing as process, public relations, media manipulation and reality that more than aptly describes why this was doomed from the start.

But hey, if inventing some conspiracy, or secretly thinking there "must be more to it" because of the years of conditioning you have received from reading sites like this and other brain cell killing websites, then I can't help you.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry, OP, but (with the advantage of hindsight) what was it about the 2001 announcement made you think it was anything more than an attempt at "snake-oil selling" in the first place. Even if we ignore hindsight, what was it about Dr. Greer in 2001 that would make you believe him in the first place? Was it just out of blind hope?

I'm not sure why people took Greer's (et al) comments too seriously without any new evidence to back it up in the first place. They said nothing new except to make the un-backed claim that "disclosure is coming".

I'm not saying Greer and his people should have automatically been dismissed at that time as hucksters, but there was also no reason to automatically think they were sincere, either.

When I hear people make the sorts of claims Greer and his disclosure project did in 2001, I don't necessarily think they are being disingenuous, but I also have no reason to believe them either. I usually wait until I get more information before passing judgement one way or the other. In Greer's case, I remained neutral and waited a few years to see what came about, and then he eventually showed us his true colors -- that of a quack and a huckster.

There is no reason to believe that wasn't his intention all along.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

No sir, no secret cabal of folks keeping down the truth, no hidden institution defeating this "project". None of that nonsense. Sorry, I know that reality is way more boring, and it is very exciting to think that there is more to it. But you know what, reality doesn't care what you think.

You are a liar and you know it. It absolutely is a Geopolitical issue, 100%. It has to do with who really runs the world and what their policies are.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

You are a liar and you know it. It absolutely is a Geopolitical issue, 100%. It has to do with who really runs the world and what their policies are.

No sir, there was no need for any super secret geopolitical group who wants to hide the truth about UFOs and aliens to even lift a finger to bury Greer's disclosure project, as it was in no danger of being taken seriously, except for the folks that make this subject laughable joke to begin with.

You sir, are your own worst enemy, and are doing the work for the very people you claim are holding us back. The term I'm looking for here is "useful idiot". Now run off kicking and screaming, thinking I am insulting you, but hopefully, after you spend years watching this subject self destruct not because of outside influence, but from ignorance within......you might actually wake up and start being a part of the solution.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

No sir, there was no need for any super secret geopolitical group who wants to hide the truth about UFOs and aliens to even lift a finger to bury Greer's disclosure project, as it was in no danger of being taken seriously, except for the folks that make this subject laughable joke to begin with.

Really?

So, riddle me this then: Why hasn't ANY news network in the world ever shown the entire Disclosure press conference from start to finish on TV?

You sir, are your own worst enemy, and are doing the work for the very people you claim are holding us back. The term I'm looking for here is "useful idiot". Now run off kicking and screaming, thinking I am insulting you, but hopefully, after you spend years watching this subject self destruct not because of outside influence, but from ignorance within......you might actually wake up and start being a part of the solution.

What 'solution'? According to you, there is no 'problem' in the first place!

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

What specific information do you have that proves that Greer was "shut down" by some sort of conspiracy? What specific proof do you have that shows that Greer wasn't just interested in creating the idea of the Disclosure Project just so he can make a buck?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

What specific information do you have that proves that Greer was "shut down" by some sort of conspiracy?

Why didn't any news network in the entire world show the entire Disclosure conference from start to finish on TV?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Probably nothing happened because there's nothing to disclose! Those with a modicum of intelligence worked out that what was really going on was a ruse for all those involved to jump on the book writing band wagon.. Earn a little extra beer money from those gullible enough to believe! who knows, i don't that's for sur e!!
edit on 27-2-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join