It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adopted Cutest Puppies Ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We adopted two new puppies last month. Dexter and Gizmo. They are a Teddy Bear Breed. Part bichon and shih tzu mix. They kind of resemble an ewok from star wars. In adopting these two brothers it fed and lodged 7 adult dogs for 6 months. I have never seen so many different breeds of puppies and dogs. Quite heartbreaking and yet I am grateful to see that these organizations really care about all of their animals and try to find the best homes for each and everyone of them.

edit on 26-2-2012 by MysteriousEyes1 because: Fix photo

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Cute!!

Whos feet are they in the second picture

Lol dexter and gizmo - not how I'm used to hearing it, dexter and sinister are the usual companions.

Ahh I need a new puppy now...

edit on 26-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

those are cute but my shih-tzu toby is cuter

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

Toby is adorable. I love that breed, I have had two in the past and they are wonderful

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

best dog ive ever owned hes extremely smart as well, he got lost in the desert for about a week when he was 6 months old and survived, found him under a trailer at a firing range...worst week of my life lol

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGuyFawkes

Wow, poor Toby. It is a miracle he's alive. Tasha (my last shih tzu) got out of our home when she was about 6 months too. I found her on the next block huddled in a neighbors driveway. It was on the 4th of July and she got scared with all the firecrackers going off in the neighborhood. She never left our yard again.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

thats crazy because toby was lost over the 4th of july as well, crazy dogs, he ran away when my grandpa took him for a walk with his dogs but my grandpa didnt put him on a leash and he took off, now he doesn't like any loud noises he goes and hides in the corner

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

They are adorable! Congratulations on your new babies!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Cute pups. My GF has one of these mixes. Although, she never told me it was a Teddy Bear breed she named him "Bear." He is still "puppy cute" at age 3. Maybe it's a good idea to have 2 so they can wear each other out. Have fun.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Thank you. They are a handful!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This is a first for my husband and I, having two puppies at once. What a handful. But, they do wear each other out and sleep for hours. Quite the adventure!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Beautiful puppies. I will get a small dog someday. Right now we have an 80 lbs boxer who thinks he is a lap dog.

And they certainly do remind me of Ewoks.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Thank you for your response. I love big dogs. They had little boxer pups that were adorable. Unfortunately, we don't have a big yard for a bigger dog to run. So we adopted the little pups.
My brother has the most amazing boxer named bruno. He thinks he is human and he likes to sit on everyone's lap. So very gentle and smart.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sweetest little fellow ever, he's a Shihtzu and a King Charles cross
He's a little bit scruffy in this pic, I have to trim his fur twice a week, it grows so fast

Dexter and Gizmo look like they have the bichon fur, very thick.
They are very cute too

edit on 26-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They are so adorable. They brought a smile to my face. I think your going to have friends for life. Thanks for sharing your cute friends with the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

He is very cute. He has beautiful coloring. I like when they look a little scruffy. I think, I will have to trim our little guys hair often too. Right now they need a bath every week and I try to brush them daily so their hair doesn't get matted. It is very thick.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I am glad they brought a Smile to your face. Thank you for your response. Have a Beautiful Day!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I've heard a couple of horror stories on the news lately, about little dogs at groomers.

Do all the grooming and trimming yourself. They love the bonding, and then they aren't victims of bad groomers, or accidents at the grooming facility. One of the accidents was putting little dogs in with big dogs, and it had horrible consequences.

I have 2 larger dogs too, so I have to be very careful and watchful so there aren't any accidents. The big ones play rough, and Ned is just too small for them. He's not allowed outside with them, without me there. They love him, but accidents could happen. I bring him with me any time I go out, or separate my shepherd. My lab I don't worry about, Ned bosses him around, and he takes it.

It's good that you got 2.
Mine needs another little dog to play with, but if I got another one, he'd get jealous. He even gets jealous over the big dogs, and they were here first.

Also, I've found these little breeds are harder to house train. I've found my little guy likes to sneak off and pee little bits unless he gets outside every hour.
I've had to designate a basement spot for him, for night time mistakes. He knows when he makes mistakes, and it seems to upset him, more than me. At least he's easy to clean up after, when it's in the basement

Be very patient and gentle. They're such emotional little creatures. And so sweet. I hope mine lives forever.

top topics

join