It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I seriously believe the OP read "one minute after", an excellent book on this topic.

second

Actually I haven't. But it sounds interesting. Might have to look into it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Keep in mind that Iran has satellites. A satellite may be used to detonate an EMP over the U.S. If Iran is attacked by the U.S., an EMP attack is not impossible nor unlikely, unless they take out their satellites first. Just saying...

Awh forget about Iran. They're just portrayed as the bogeyman. The real threat (if it exists) is elsewhere. Look behind your back.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Actually what I believe the statement to mean is that its not an EMP blast alone... probably talking about a nuclear bomb going off.... the blast from that works like an EMP.. and it would put you on a serious time limit

This would start WW3.... the PTB would so let it happen

This is the year... art imitates life and life imitates art...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

when the story is bs,why would someone who knows tis info still be in th US working in a store,he would get the fook as far away as possible,,also has iran been blamed yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mikem

world war 3 has begun a long time ago,on the 11th day of september 2001,a global war on terror as they call it is a war of global propotions,and a fabricated one at that,when are they officly declaring the USA as part of israil and start the clensing,my shouts around december when the dollar folds in late august,keep your eyes peeld more bankers resigning,and the eventual law that possesing gold is treason.FEMA camps will not be reality it is far easyer to relise a pandemic.its ready to go over at plum island,have fun wile you can,and for a slim chance of survival stock seeds and a resporator,it will be airbourn

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wonder if some grumpy billionaire
could hire a high-tech mercenary team
like Blackwater or Xe' or whatever the F
their name is now, to detonate one ?
Is this a weapon they would they would
have accsess to? Or be able to build?

I don't worry about traditional terrorists
nearly as much as I do about high tech
mercs for hire.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
I seriously believe the OP read "one minute after", an excellent book on this topic.

second

It's actually called "One Second After", and is available for free at this link:

stormchan.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rydizz

know anywer with an audio book version?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Klassified

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Honestly, if I was in my Grandparents generation yea sure we will somehow be able to get by. But who are we really fooling??? The first thing people will panic overing is their facebook and Twitter accounts going down. They'll will be worrying about that and half the people in this country would starve to death, let-a-lone running outside trying to find a signal.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by mikellmikell
If your worried just unhook your battery your car will be fine once it's over. Really just relax

Your funny.

I've an FCC license and NMEA senior license in electronics. Been designing, repairing, installing electronics for what is now the DHS for almost 41 years going back to the vacuum tube days. It is the electromagnetic field passing through each PN junction at the speed of light, establishing potential (voltages) that will discharge to neutrality THROUGH the substrate barrier of each PN junction that will either: 1. Cause it to blow to open most violently like a fuse, or 2. Fuse into a glob of slag (short). Each microprocessor has millions of PN junctions. As do the electronics in your watch, the car computers and sensors, all medical equipment, generator and pump controls, all manufacturing for EVERYTHING, etc. I promise you, I know. But the field must have the intensity enough to produce the voltage differential enough to cause the substrate to break down. This is why electronic components have voltage ratings like for your cell phone. You don't plug it directly into 110VAC. A step-down transformer and other limiting/controlling circuitry protects your cell phone from becoming a blinding flash in your hand, that will soon be a stump.
edit on 24-2-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

Glad you called him/her out since I did not want to explain it and would not do as well as you have. And regardless of any title you claim, I will say that in my opinion you know what you are talking about, simply because you understand the field atleast enough to use jargon when needed to explain the information.

Yes EMP's will fry all your stuff unless it is shielded. So if you have not rebuilt any points and condensers for old cars in a while you may want to pick up some walking shoes on your way to the junk yard and auto parts store.

Oh wait! I almost forgot. There arent near as many of those old cars around as there was a few years ago, atleast not with out cement in the gas tank and fuel line. Its funny, you would think some one would have thought about that scenario but seems like it just passed our minds huh?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If your car was a stick shift, even if the starter won't crank, wouldn't you be able to just push start the bitch? Just wondering.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by genesis2587

Man that's just it. If you have not worked on anything you may need to find an alternative while you learn.

It depends on the car and the circuitry. Most of them probably not, circuit boards go a ways back in cars, at-least most of them on the road today.

If you have the capacity, do some research on old car electrical systems and learn how to build one. Fuel, timed spark and air exchange (intake/exhaust). Keep in mind though new cars don’t have the same spark producing components and it would be difficult to convert as they require movement from the motor.

edit on 24-2-2012 by budro because: gram

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Read the following before Christmas

endoftheamericandream.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
30 minutes... chaos, killings, war, riots, who knows..

Oddly enough, i had a dream the other night about this exact thing. One thing to be really concerned about is nuclear power plants. And when the spent fuel tanks start to boil and evaporate GTFO, think they have backup generators? Guess what controls those generators and tells them when to turn on..computers.

GAMMA + LIVING CELL = DEAD

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

I saw the map of the nuclear power plants around the united states and the area they cover.... everyone on the east coast would die as well as the west.... oddly enough denver airport is in the clear by hundreds of miles.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread.
It brought to mind a couple of things. An EMP would be the perfect weapon to "divide and conquer". Maybe TPTB are hoping we will all kill eachother while they are secure in their rat holes. Is there a connection between the cash for clunker program and keeping people immobile in the event of an EMP?
The only survivors will be those who live in self-sustaining communities who are knowlegable about the old ways of living ---the other side of the coin would be the predators who will try and take what others try to salvage.
Life will be hard.
at the remark about half the country running around trying to get a cell phone signal....bound to be a lots of folks going to be with Jesus because they ran into trees,telephone poles and other signal chasers.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
An EMP attack means a nuclear attack - and not at ground level explosion like a suitcase bomb (which is becoming a very real threat) but one at considerable altitude and with considerable megatonage. Presumably the EMP burst from such a nuclear explosion would fry every transistor and microchip in range. Although there are reportedly fortitude microchips that could withstand an EMP and continue to function, just about everything we use or rely on has ordinary (un-fortified) transistors and microchips somewhere in the circuitry so everything would break down anyway. Our super-deluxe computer with the fortified chips would go dark as the electric company grid and the phone lines break down, etc. Our radio with the super-chips wouldn't be worth much with all the broadcasters and their antennae broken down. The super-chips would be as unavailing as a lifevest to a passenger of the Titanic.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Did you just say that if an EMP hits, people everywhere will start throwing their diapers in the street??

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budro

So now I am thinking cash for clunkers was part of the design.

Also, on my flight home from Fla on Wed the 22nd, we were delayed and the pilot said it was for rockets going off in cape canaveral....then I read that they sent Navy satellites up from canaveral today. Discuss amongst yourselves ...this is all making me nervous.

not many people today can start a fire or find food, I'm sure they only way they would know would be thru violence...we really have become useless because of technology...or is that part of the plan too?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

This child of an insider was then sent a 1984 heavy-duty truck by this parent (no computerized circuitry)

This has me questioning the validity. From 1978 on, all vehicles started having electronic ignition. In fact, my 1977 suburban no longer had a condenser in the distributor, but was electronic. So, from that year forward an EMP would stop every vehicle if it was a serious one.

So why they would say a 1984 truck is beyond me, it would be useless, it is filled with electronics and especially an electronic device that runs the entire ignition system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join