It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insider Warns Family Of EMP Strike On U.S. This Year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I doubt a mylar blanket would help. I recall in the early days of 'hardening' against a pulse they said to provide an easier path to ground. in other words make the device you want to protect very well grounded.

Non nuke versions

en.wikipedia.org...

www.active-duty.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Klassified

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Honestly, if I was in my Grandparents generation yea sure we will somehow be able to get by. But who are we really fooling??? The first thing people will panic overing is their facebook and Twitter accounts going down. They'll will be worrying about that and half the people in this country would starve to death, let-a-lone running outside trying to find a signal.

Truth. We've all seen the youtube vids of the kids flipping out because they lost their World of Warcraft data.

Now imagine several million of these "freak outs" happening at one time. We're not just talking about gamers either, but stock holders, people who rely on electricity for meds, food will disappear overnight. It'll be hell and 3/10 of the population will die waiting for help to come. 3/7 of those remaining will be killed trying to steal supplies or protect what supplies they have. It's a grim scenario to think about, but it's a completely plausible one.

People are shooting up schools because someone called them "gay", or killing random people because they had a bad day at the office. The 11 o'clock news is full of stories on just how close to the edge many people are. Many are literally just looking for the opportunity to kill other human beings, they'll think a global disaster is that time.

reply to post by oghamxx

Agreed. If the mylar blanket is touching the car, it'll likely exacerbate things, attracting more electricity to the car. That's assuming it's a conductive mylar at all, which some are not. Whatever is used (crate, garage, car port), it needs to be insulated on the inside, and wrapped in metal on the outside, the walls not touching the car or truck, and grounded.

edit on 25-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I laughed for a good twenty minutes, picturing people chuckin em like the hammer bros. in super mario one.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Whats up with June 13th? I thought the end of the 9th underworld was on July 13/14?

I could be wrong on that though.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nature may beat us to it. NASA has been talking about how the sun's magnetic field can connect with the Earth's letting in solar radiation that charges the magnetosphere with plasma. This in turn can cause geomagnetic storms, power outages, and other EMP like effects on on a global scale. Of course if NASA knows about this then they are preparing.

www.huffingtonpost.com... p-receipt_n_1299280.html

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's assume that an intelligent source is in control of this device that can destroy electronics. The only plausible way this could happen with today's technology is through a nuclear bomb. The only organizations capable of procuring a nuclear weapon are governments with funding. So let's say a government does unleash this weapon. You can more easily protect sensitive electronics with a faraday cage. Instead of being given a "1984 heavy duty truck" that supposedly doesn't have electronics (false) you build a faraday cage around the vehicle. After the effects of the nuclear electromagnetic pulse wear off, take the vehicle out of the cage and viola! Now, whoever told you this information is not a reliable source of information. I've seen hundreds of these types of threads discussing end of the world scenarios that make you fearful and want to protect yourself. I don't see any reason why this thread will be any different than the countless others that have not come true.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
An EMP attack is one of the most viable and destructive means of attack for any enemy to use on a developed nation. The fact that we are constantly moving towards technologies that no longer eliminate/circumvent an EMP attack makes one wonder what the hell the technological development minded people are thinking with regard to our infrastructures. It's as if they want it to happen.
edit on 2-25-2012 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

The world is not how it was centuries ago, most people will not manage. This is mostly due to inaccessibility to food, water, and healthcare especially in cities.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

so basically a friend of a friend of a friend told another friend this and that...

we all know how credible those stories turn out.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It seems that people are creating posts on things they see on TV. On a recent episode of Doomsday Preppers a man was prepping his family for an EMP attack. Within that episode it was stated that countries have the abilities to launch EMP attacks....now you see a theory here....

Just like that time traveling guy, w/e his name is.. I read the posts on here and it all was related to a B movie that i can not recall, everything was stolen from the movie, from the oxygen tanks, to when he saw himself on another missions even where he parked the car.

Lets all get rocked back to the stone age like its the end of the world. Mankind survived without electrcity for centuries. Learn how to make fire, and hunt some squirlls and keep it moving.

What alot of you preppers may not realize, is that..in the end of days scenerio being obese will actually lengthin your life expectacy. As your body has more to live on for longer. I see alot of preppers stocking up on food etc etc, but packing on a good 10 lbs of fat is not a bad thing to do as well.
edit on 25-2-2012 by SharpKnife because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
To the people upthread who said, 'not to worry, we'll retaliate against whoever did it'; the trouble with that is, figuring out who EMP'd you might be impossible, and what good does it do to kill off the society you might actually depend on to rebuild your electronics (China comes to mind). Then there's the problem of adding to the global load of radiation...

The 30 minute idea: That's about how long it will take people stuck in dead cars on the highway to realize something's really wrong. Remember they'll have no cell phones and no radios to tell them. You might be the only moving car for miles around and really stick out.

The possibility of either EMP (manmade) or CME (solar) is near 100% sooner or later. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

Most people will die from bad water. You need to learn how to find water wherever you are, and purify it. If you're thirsty enough you will drink stuff that will give you violent diarrhea and you will not recover (because you will not then have the ability to find more clean water, the only thing that could save you).

The life span of the average person post either of these scenarios (provided the CME is massive enough) is 1-2 weeks due to the water issue. You can last a pretty long time without much food while you figure things out. Rioting and violence would kill a lot of people too. Humans revert to animal/predator behavior almost immediately when survival issues set in. Check out a 'Black Friday' shopping video if you are unclear on the IQ and humanity of your neighbors...

Any city is a death trap. But so are most areas in the wild. Someone else already 'owns' that land you're planning to bug out to, and they're armed. Forschen's book shows what will happen; masses of people in the city will march out to the country thinking 'that's where food is grown' only to be met by country people with guns telling them to keep going. They will die from exposure, exhaustion and bad water choices in mere days to weeks.

The army, etc. is not there to save you any more than they were helpful after Katrina. The government is most probably your enemy in this situation. If you're rounded up for FEMA camps, don't expect to ever leave.
Barbed wire and 12 foot fences are not your friend.

After several months, the cities will be great stores of supplies and resources but not before then. You have to wait for the criminal element to die off enough to make it safe to return.

Someone asked about other sources of light: The Romans used olive oil lamps for centuries; this still works today. And there's a reason our ancestors got up very early in the morning. It's cuz they went to sleep as soon as it got dark out. They actually probably got 10 hours of sleep every night but they needed it to recover from a life of hard work.

Put together a local group or tribe of people you would trust your life to. It helps if they have a variety of skills and talents.

There is (reliable?) information that small tactical nukes are already hidden in place in several US cities, as well as other places in the world, and they are being used as bargaining tools; thus our govt's near hysterical DHS and FEMA, anti-Iran propaganda and the 'see something, say something' recent searches at highway checkpoints. They are worried about nukes that are already in the country; you can be pretty sure their information is accurate but there's no way the can trace the movement of these things. It's gotten to the point where they believe their own scare tactics and they're further scaring themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Only China, Russia, have the capability of doing a major EMP strike.

Iran and North Korea have no capability and will not for at least 20 to 40 years.

To really do a major EMP strike you have to have very special nuclear weapons to maximize the electron flux from the weapons and that takes a lot of time and expertise to develop.

the very best Iran or North Korea could do would be a 50 to 100 mile EMP pulse around a normal weapon.

And a solar EMP(coronal mass ejection) event would not take out cars and would only take out large power grids. your generators and solar systems would be uneffected if not connected to the grid as they do not have a large antenna area to collect the pulse into there small power system.
With solar EMP the big problem would not be the cars knocked out but because the power grid is out gas fueled vehicles cannot be supplied with electrically pumped gas.
www.empactamerica.org...

The most you would likely get from a solar EMP is field levels around 15 KV/m this is what they believe the coronal mass ejection of 1859

Star fish Prime EMP was about 5.6 KV/M in in Hawaii.(weapon not designed for EMP)

A nuclear weapon designed just for a EMP attack could have a output around 50KV/M to 150KV/M
this weapon would fry everything.

The problem with weapons that might go higher power is Russia or China could use one over the US and fry there own power grid or the grids of enough other countries that they would end up in a war with the collateral damage countries.

A weapon putting out over 200 KX/M would take out the US Canada Mexico and much of central America and south America because the pulse would follow the magnetic field line all the way from the north pole to the south pole. And is likely to bleed over the pole to hit the rest of the world with around 25 KV/M

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
An EMP attack is certainly an interesting discussion, regardless or where the story originates, it's still good to talk about it and learn about it. Better to know some basics than nothing at all.

One thing i want to mention, that no one really mentions, is what other countries would do, and i think it would be an indicator of the truth of who was behind the attacks. If it was a valid attack by a foreign entity, then seconds after the attack the US puppet countries all around the world would immediately start shipping various supplies like solar panels, new circuit boards, supplies, basically anything needed to get a basic system up and running. Vehicles could be shipped over and basically anything needed could be shipped in very quickly. It would obviously take a long time to repair everything, but i think they would be able to do enough to stop all out freak fest across the whole of the US.

On the other hand, if the US decided to use it as the kick start to rounding people up and "protecting" them by placing them all into camps, we would see a much slower response. People would voluntarily go to the camps to get food and medical supplies. The US has bases all around the world, so any foreign attack could well be met with nuclear responses, so it actually makes more sense to me that the US would use an EMP attack as the next type of 9/11 attack. It would be a case of the US scaring their own people into seeking protection. I never really understood the whole FEMA camp thing and didn't think they would be able to force people into them, it didn't really make sense how it would all work, but thinking of an EMP attack and everyone panicking and scared seems to be a more likely scenario. People would see it as safe haven and be happy to be there, because TPTB could offer you valuable resources.

So i would suggest that people should at least put themselves in the position that they could survive for a while on their own, and not need to seek anything from TPTB, so you can get a grasp of the situation. A huge majority of people will be stuck within a day or two and will be grateful to be rounded up and taken off to the "emergency aid camps".

Scary scenarios anyway, just be able to survive on your own for a week or two is my advice, and also, if it ever does happen, get out of your house quick and off into the woods or the hills with your supplies.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Is it just me . . . or do a lot of other ATSers feel in their gut that this is

no

disinformation thing.

Sending the truck . . . sobering. Very sobering.

How many warnings from how many diverse sources do we need folks?

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Just an excuse for his parents to buy him an old junker lol.

Any missile sent our way would be knocked down so I would not worry unless its a full scale attack by Russia and that would be dumb.

Just so everyone is well a where. The results from a nuclear explosion produce an EMP and we have known about it for a very very long time.

Everything that our military has is protected from EMP weapons. If any nation were dumb enough to try it, that nation would be turned into a nuclear fireball.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One EMP strike could not wipe out the entire power grid. It would have to be a strategic attack at several different power sources at the same time and would most likely need an insider/spy(s) to do it. In addition to this, what country has the man-power, technology, and gut to do it? Unless we let them (a la 9-11 in my eyes) it won't happen. I would be more concerned about a cyber attack to steal information rather than an EMP attack.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

it doesnt take much to lie to a complete stranger, i dot it plenty. Its fun. Im not saying there isnt a slight chance he's telling the truth. Like you said, with no concrete evidence its very hard to believe this. Now that its 2012 we're going to see countless amounts of bull#. We already do.I take a huge grain of salt with everything, EVERYTHING! I read, hear or watch. I have a "connected" friend, hes told me a lot. I consider him a brother, but i still dont completely believe the things he tells me. He has been right before, but he has also been wrong. We just all need to stay skeptics, even when it comes down to something that you agree with, or want to believe...Im tired of our community looking like assholes because we'll run with an idea we heard 30 seconds ago. We've all done it. We need to seed out the religious zealots, the repeatedly disproved theories, and their theorists. We need to re-brand in a sense. Let everyone know youre open to an idea, until scientifically proven otherwise. When we dont, we're no better than the asshole we're arguing with. So please present the facts without a personal bias or opinion.

I do respect the fact you said it could be a crock of #, most of the people posting dont. Youre a perfect example of having an open mind. A truly open mind, whether it goes against what you believe or want to be true.
edit on 25-2-2012 by YERWRONG because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Le'ts be clear. A large scale EMP attack on the whole of the USA requires large megatonnage radiation-implosion driven nuclear weapons on a big ICBM.

What happens 5 minutes after that occurs?

Who has that capability? Russia, China, maybe France.
edit on 25-2-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

“When it happens you’ll have 30 minutes to make it out of the city. And even then you’ll only have a one-in-three chance of survival.”

Sorry but people lived centuries without power, I think well manage.

Sorry the recent generation of people are too stupid to do anything without their internet, iphone, google, or mtv. I think we will all die.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join