It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look if you doubt China's might

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

We aren't in a war with the Taliban. It is still considered a policing tour in the middle east. Comparing that with a declared war where it is army against army is much different from trying to pick out insurgents in a crowd of civilians. The US and NATO aren't trying to destroy those countries, they are trying to bring peace to them. Not that it is necessarily working, like you said it's been 11 years or so. But I do agree that one cannot underestimate any opposing force, no matter how "weak" and unorganized.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting the videos. China's soldiers are very well drilled (in the video). Congratulations to them and their DIs. They also have a very large army.

The problem with a large army is deploying it properly. It is great for enveloping but hard to bring to a point. The Greeks and Macedonians had these tactical considerations well understood hundreds of years before the birth of Christ.

They put on a terrific show on the parade ground though. May all the world's soldiers never do more.
edit on 24-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They can march but can they fight? Don't forget that we own the sky.

Look if you doubt the USA's might.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I hope our air-force works better than your link does when called upon.

Hey it works now.
edit on 24-2-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Don't forget this

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
From the CIA World Factbook: Country Comparison :: Current account balance

Rank
1 China $ 280,600,000,000
5 Russia $ 90,510,000,000

And in last place....
198 United States $ -599,900,000,000

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I hope our air-force works better than your link does when called upon.

I'm not seeing a problem. Maybe its you.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does anyone else think that at 2:18 of the first video, that all but the first rows heads are the same? Pause it, maybe it's just my eyes but it looks fake to me. Like it is just the same face pasted over in different angles.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
if they make the first move, it will be their last. never judge an army by its numbers.
edit on 24-2-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

China will be new to force projection. However there is much to be said for their discipline, technology and stamina. If my analysis is on target and enemy like China will attack us when we are weak. Also you must consider the fact that America has not been invaded since the red coats. If you think about that we might be good at force project but not nessalary strong defense of the homeland.

I’m very concerned that we as a nation would not be able to repel an attack if it were in major numbers and in key strategic locations. All the Chinese have to do is cut the country in half. Then they would be able to wage war on a weaker divided America.

That movie Red Dawn, plays a scenario of Cubans and North Koreans coming up from South America. That is a total possibility. If two planes could hit the world trade center, then anything is possiable..

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
From the CIA World Factbook: Country Comparison :: Current account balance

Rank
1 China $ 280,600,000,000
5 Russia $ 90,510,000,000

And in last place....
198 United States $ -599,900,000,000

Because we used our money on advanced weaponry (among other things). That's why China and Russia are still parading around with cold war crap while we have drones and stealth fighters.

The point im trying to make is the size of the army dosent matter anymore. With our drones, fighters and bombers we can address entire battle fields in minutes. We have soldiers sitting behind a computer 2000 miles away drinking Sunny D and bombing targets with American Idol playing in the background. Our young soldiers grew up playing video games and transitioned into doing the same thing on the battlefield in real life. They don't even have to think about it, Its second nature.There is not much you can do to defend from that. We have air superiority PERIOD!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

kunf-gu army. they eat brains for breakfast.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The American ignorance is thick in this thread.

Let's cut to the chase.

#1 Numbers play an important role in wars - resources being key.

#2 China has the factories to switch production from American consumer goods, to Chinese military weapons in a heartbeat, and America simply couldn't keep up with those numbers.

#3. To the poster who made fun of Canada's military. You wouldn't be doing this if you knew that until 2010 (when a British marksman set a record at over 8000km) the record was shared by 2 Canadian infantry members from the Afganistan war in 2003. Those two members were not even using rifles that were customized for them -- they used American rifles. In fact the American sniper handed his rifle to one of the Canadians and literally said "Here, you know how to use this better than I do".

en.wikipedia.org...

China has a HUGE military, and the resources to switch over to massive military production to bring their units up to speed in the 21st century. They have the knowledge to compete with us but don't, and we should be incredibly thankful for this.

Oh and military marching is something that was developed by the greek hoplite's (possibly spartan specifically) and that was a technique employed by the romans with their famous phalanx attacks, and was employed as the main means of military attacks until the revolutionary war when America developed gurilla warfare. The symbolism of it, is to show a mass of united people as one force ( "Army of One" anyone ) and is something that even the American military still participates in with ceremony drilling.

To the posters who said that they've done marching band formations of 4 across -- the same thing works for 20 across or 2,000 across and is dependent on every person using their peripheral vision to stay in-line with the people next to them forming perfect rows. (I was a state champion marching band baritone player).

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hmmm...they look tiny and crunchy. Probably they'll taste good with ketchup

They're no threat. Their nukes are are a threat, buuuut... Why bomb one's customer-base?
edit on 2/24/2012 by diakrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Morg234

Morg have you served in the military? Have you served with a military from another country? I have both...I have trained with soldier and or cops from Argentina, Germany, UK, NZ, Canada, Japan, Russia...and probably a few more I can't think of off the top of my head...We have the best training because we can afford to make training realistic...the only thing that is better than training is experience...who do you think has the most experience? The US is up there...maybe Israel with more...not sure.....but we are talking about training....

So tell me who do you think has better training...and please list some experience so your word can mean somethine.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

China would be a handful but the US military has so much experience better training than any other military in the world..not to mention better tech as well. We spend about as much money on our military as the entire world put together does.
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Once myth to put to rest. The US has nearer 40% of global military expenditure. Better training than any other military in the world? Is that some kind of joke?

The global spending chart I see as of 2011 puts the US at 43% of all global military spending is coming from the US... so you are arguing my statement because it is 7% off? Especially when I used the word "about". You are just being silly.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

All that and they still can't shoot straight or hit the right target!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Formation marching.... definetly still relavent.

What better way to defeat your enemy than to walk at him in a straight line? ingenious!

You say might, I say easy targets.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
The reason Korean citizens are in poverty is because all the money is spent on the military.

Unlike the US, which is about to be in poverty because we spend all out money on the military.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow! That's impressive!
I wish my drummer had that kind of timing!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join