It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1973—UFO sighted over McAlester, Oklahoma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere; I did several searches and this thread was the only thing that came up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It relates to a much later sighting in the same area that took place in 2008. Mods please feel free to delete if this has been posted but I tired several searches and I couldn't find anything.

This event took place on February 14th, 1973.

An airline DC-8 cargo flight was en route from St. Louis to Dallas on February 14, 1973, at about 2:30 a.m. At a point near McAlester, Oklahoma, the copilot noticed what he first thought was another aircraft just below the leading edge of the right wing about 5,000 feet (1,500 meters) away.

The object was on the same course and speed, keeping a constant position. Only its steady amber light seemed unconventional.

Suddenly the object rose straight up like an elevator, made a sharp turn and approached the plane, taking up a position about 300 yards (270 meters) away and slightly above them. It was disc-shaped with a transparent dome on top, its silvery, highly polished surface reflecting the moonlight. Besides some stubby protrusions no other features were visible.

The captain switched on the weather radar and it confirmed that something real and solid was there. When the radar beam hit its surface, the object reacted immediately, ascending straight up, then moving sideways over the DC-8 and briefly out of sight.

The object reappeared quickly, descending straight down and taking up a new position just below the leading edge of their left wing. It then dropped below and behind the plane, abruptly reappearing only about 300 feet (90 meters) below them.

Looking down into the dimly lit dome, the pilots saw two or three shadowy entities moving around. The object then darted out in front, performed various oscillatory motions and another sharp (noninertial) turn before speeding out of sight. It disappeared off the radar scope at a distance of 50 miles (80 km).16

by Richard Hall:

Source: Volume II, The UFO Evidence, A Thirty-Year Report, Richard Hall, (2001), page 131

www.ufocasebook.com...

Very interesting to put it shortly. Pilots observe an object for quite some time making very unusual maneuvers at tremendous speeds. And all this time the UFO is being tracked on radar.

The objects pacing of the aircraft and apparent reaction to the radar beam would seem to indicate the object was under intelligent control—possibly alien control (note the shadowy figures observed near the end of the sighting).

What do you all think of this?
edit on 22-2-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: Spelling

edit on 22-2-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: grammar

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm from Oklahoma, though I don't live there anymore. I hadn't heard of this incident (I'd have been in high school at the time), but I just wanted to tell you that there is a big military ammunition depot in McAlester, and there have been other UFO incidents associated with similar military facilities. Interesting.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Very good find.

Reading about how the UFO moved around the aircraft says to me
that the aircraft was being harassed.
There are many other reports like this during the 1970's.
Even reports of airforce fighters loosing power to electronics etc.
Here is a thread that touches on it. The UFO's of that era were
alot more aggressive.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Harassed or maybe just probed. The UFO never hurt any of the people.

I think it might be almost how divers might observe a whale. The divers aren't trying to harass the animal, they are only trying to gather information about it.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It sort of makes me wonder, what the Cargo plane was transporting from St, louis- to- Dallas. We hear many times of UFOs being seen over Nuclear facilities and other types of High radioactive sites, and there is a major Ammunition plant just a few miles northeast of Mcalester, OK. wonder if that is all they make is Ammo, maybe they put Radioactive tipped ammo, for armor peircing rounds. Oh and a little advise, if you ever drive through Mcalester, Oklahoma, Dont speed, that the biggest and most corrupt police radar speed trap, ive ever seen

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
pretty good case right here

Incredible maneuvering, intellegent control, credible witnesses and radar confirmation.

Not much more you can ask for...

new topics

top topics

join