It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bury This Video Next To A Marine"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Also ask the departed...

"Was it worth it?
Was it worth your life?
Was it worth the pain & suffering your family now endures?"

I know the real meaning of what a hero is, and it's NOT being brave enough to take a life, it's being brave enough to save a life. Any coward with a gun can take a life, but it takes a true hero to put his life at risk to save lives....

Here is the video, a nice little compilation. One of many.

Did they have fun with this stuff?
It's cool to make jokes about traumatizing situations, Semper Fi!! High 5!!

Murphy's Laws of Combat Operations...

1. Friendly fire - isn't.
2. Recoilless rifles - aren't.
3. Suppressive fires - won't.
4. You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.
5. A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.
6. If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.
7. Try to look unimportant; the enemy may be low on ammo and not want to waste a bullet on you.
8. If at first you don't succeed, call in an air strike.
9. If you are forward of your position, your artillery will fall short.
10. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
11. Never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourself.
12. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
13. If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
14. The enemy diversion you're ignoring is their main attack.
15. The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions:
a. When they're ready.
b. When you're not.
16. No OPLAN ever survives initial contact.
17. There is no such thing as a perfect plan.
18. Five second fuses always burn three seconds.
19. There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
20. A retreating enemy is probably just falling back and regrouping.

www.military-quotes.com...

I hope this may help a perspective "combat" marine to look before he leaps.
But I know... it won't.

It's not worth it, and even if you make it out alive, you still lose in the end. You lose because you were part of the conquest of this New World Order, and now your children & grand children have to live under that tyranny.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Videos that do not need to be buried next to a "combat" marine... because they already know this stuff.

American soldier "I killed innocent people"

Drop Weapons ~ US soldiers recount killing innocent Iraqi civilians

edit on 22-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yay an anti-military thread...NOT

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

No... an Anti-military combat thread.
Not every marine is engaging in murder and destruction.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It is my duty to inform you that Freedom costs' Lives and Blood.
It is my wish that all men put down arms, put down Power, for true peace.
It is my regret that freedom must be purchased on a daily basis.
It is my choice to lay down my life so my brother can live.
It is my hope that you take the time to understand this meaning in this Video that will be buried with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Although those things are true, they don't apply to the US military's current actions and conquests. It's about imposing corporate wills onto other nations.

No foreign armies are breaching our shores.
No foreign armies are endangering our freedoms.

I'm all for defending my country from foreign, or domestic enemies though. And by country, I mean the general population, not GE, IBM, AT&T, Exxon, Comcast, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

America is waking up to and not liking the Zionist regime. I don't like it either.
We must always love our country, governments can come and go at the whim of a rifle.

*********Added***********
It is only my opinion that the isolated incidents we see with combat can be attributed to multi-combat tours.
These tours of duty should have limitations. How ever can we have any expectation of retention of mental health after years of exposure to combat and carnage.
edit on 22-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

how many Americans are taking their lives and the lives of their children do to the overwhelming incomprehensible demoralization of hopelessness do to financial matters.
We are losing our asses right before our own eyes on our own soil.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Yes we are. We could use some brave men right here at home, fighting the domestic terrrorists who are the real ones endangering our freedoms and privacy. Our shores are already breached, and the enemy's uniforms are suits and white coats. Their words are noble but their actions are Satanic.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Listen man, I completely respect your opinion, and somewhat agree with what you said, but don't you #ing dare say "Any coward with a gun can take a life.", because you have absolutely no idea what that's like, what it takes from you. So until you've been down range don't say # like that, its completely disrespectful.

You think soldiers don't save lives?

I don't fight for you, I fight for my brother next to me. I would lay down my life to save his at any given second, without hesitation. I've stuck my neck out to save someone that could barely speak broken english, someone I had no affiliation with, knowing full well my life could end at the snap of a finger. You dont know what thats like.

You can keep your stars and flags bud, they are virtual, I wear mine under my skin with honor.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Wow, those words are impressive. Those words and 5 cents will get you 3 cents after taxes.

I will retract 1 thing though, any coward can't take a life, it takes a trained coward to do that. And it doesn't make you a hero or "special" from the rest of us because you are willing to lay your life down for your brothers, I'd do the same, and so would the 99%, as they showed on 9/11, the Haiti disaster, Fukushima crisis, etc. etc.

Why don't you look to your brothers, and tell them that you aren't a pawn or gun fodder for a corporate world take over. There is NO PRIDE OR HONOR in dying for lies and propaganda. If you are being fired upon in a current war, it might have something to do with you being on someone else's land. Come onto my land with aggressive force and you'll be calling me and everyone of my neighbors "insurgents" too.

**And thanks for defending our freedoms.... that we don't have much more of anymore. When these wars started, we had A LOT more privacy and freedom. Seems like you guys are losing the battle.

edit on 22-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Are some of you solders/ ex soldiers so stupid that you can't tell who is really on YOUR sides? You get so angry with those of us that don't want you to be put in harms way needlessly, or to have your skills and courage be manipulated by pride and ego to fight the wrong enemy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Man, you are so disrespectful in every way possible, its almost comical. How can you sit there and say that I'm a coward or that I'm stupid? I don't call you stupid or a coward for things that you say or the decisions that you make. Do you truly realize who your calling a coward? Im the person that would listen to every word of that nasty garbage you just said to me, but would still take a bullet for you. That is what a US soldier does, they aren't cowards. Just because I fight a war that you don't agree with does not make me a coward, it just means we have a difference of opinion, but your too close minded and self centered to understand that or accept anyone elses opinion, so if you don't agree with something I do that makes ME the coward, it makes ME the stupid one. I'm not trying to justify the war in any way, but I take honor in being a member of my country's military. Until you've been in, you don't know what I'm talking about when I talk about that honor.

A coward is a person that shoots at someone handing out radios and water bottles for the less privileged individuals of a their country, and then uses a group of women and children as human shields to make their escape. A person with courage is someone who uses themselves as a human shield to protect someone from the cowards shooting at them.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Watch this, maybe you'll learn something...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by mileysubet

No... an Anti-military combat thread.
Not every marine is engaging in murder and destruction.

Hmm....anti-military combat.....so if a military is not in combat, it would be obsolete, correct?

Combat doesn't have to mean physical shooting either. I just don't get the point of the thread or your post I quoted.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Again with you implying ignorance, your so disrespectful. Why do you try SO hard to get me to agree with your opinion? I don't give a # about your opinion man. Just give it up. What do you think your going to accomplish? You think just because some shmuck on the internet posted an anti war propaganda bull# video I'm going to go quit my job? Your out of your mind. I could post a video of why you should support the military that fights for you, but I'm not gonna do that because I'm not a dick. I realize you don't care, your not going to change your mind, but again I'm the better man because I can realize this.

edit on 25-2-2012 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join