It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans for Ron Paul March 02-20-12 at 12 PM EST-- Live Video Here

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Did you post in those threads were there any Ron Paul Supporters in those threads showing support of the military?

Didn't see any.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Did you post in those threads were there any Ron Paul Supporters in those threads showing support of the military?

Didn't see any.

Epic fail at thread derailment.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Wow, watching it live on Ustream and it seriously is amazing and awe-inspiring. But this makes me wonder. If these type of protests/rallies keep occurring, how long until Ron Paul is arrested for "terrorism" and "inciting violence"?

Seriously, hearing about Michelle's 16th vacation since her husband took office is more likely to incite violence than any march or rally like today's.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

People who can't dig their way out of the hole they're in must be really sick the flaunting of wealth. The lack of compassion is disturbing. imo

Please don't see me as having sour grapes. I'm weird, I hate travel/vacations.

BTW I really appreciated this thread as my computer is on life support and I couldn't watch the feed. The mental image of the long moments of silence for the fallen will stay with me for a long time.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Hardly the op created a thread based off the premise the military supporting Paul but the forums clearly show who supports who.

Context is everything.
edit on 20-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Hardly the op created a thread based off the premise the military supporting Paul but the forums clearly show who supports who.

Context is everything.

If you say so, boss.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What are you even getting at? Do you have any specifics of some contradiction from certain members here?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You know what bothers me the most? Drudge can link more garbage about Whitney Houston. Fox News can talk about some basketball player all day. And not one mention on any mainstream site or channel about thousands of troops marching on the whitehouse. They don't want you to know that you have a voice. They don't want you to know that Ron Paul CAN win.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Context is everything.

Umm, got any examples, or are you just in a bad mood?
I can tell you that personally, I have always defended Israels right to defend themselves and have always respected our troops etc etc. We're beyond broke, we're spending somewhere in the neighborhood of $600+B/year on these wars with non-exsistant $$.Israel can take care of itself quite well (as has been proven over and over) I guess I'm just a terrible person who hates our troops tho.

You're just mad because people don't support the wars, along with quite a few veterans (as shown in this thread). I don't get why you're ranting, go eat ice cream or something.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
lol...neo96 is angry that Ron Paul has so much support from military active duty and veterans who are all more than willing to show up against the DoD directive.

All of the war mongering neo96 has been doing on ATS is getting thrown back right in his face with this event and it seems to be bothering him quite a bit.

I can just imagine Obama peeking out the windows through a small curtain opening, cowering in shame. Today was a somber day for the Obama administration.

edit on 20-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

READ the forums plenty of examples to be found all i see is the same OWS tripe about"illegal"
when they went the UN wars and make no mention of spending 3 trillion on social programs;

www.usdebtclock.org...

Over 117 trillion dollars owed to the people of promises made that can never be paid for what i am sick of is people who use and GUT the military when we spend far far more on dependency based programs that serve no one but has come the biggest detriment to the survival of this nation.

More people are consuming the wealth of others than producing their own and getting paid by tax revenue instead of generating their own long term wealth when the people make more the more tax revenue the government has.

War is not the freaking problem in this country freaking problem is free food,free homes,free educations.free retirements,free healthcare from over 30 years of the i want it all i want it now from the i don't give a crap how generation.

Every single person in this country benefits from Military spending in many ways too many are just to damn blind to see it.

Yeah i am mad because saving a buck and spreading the wealth only has but one outcome American's dying.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnswerTo1984

You know what bothers me the most? Drudge can link more garbage about Whitney Houston. Fox News can talk about some basketball player all day. And not one mention on any mainstream site or channel about thousands of troops marching on the whitehouse. They don't want you to know that you have a voice. They don't want you to know that Ron Paul CAN win.

Worse yet, we've now got governors who have the audacity to fly the American flag at half-staff for an entertainer who, after years of self-destructive behavior, died in a hotel bathtub...(but not before she performed drunken handstands by the hotel pool first.

The absurdity of our government knows NO BOUNDS.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

More people are consuming the wealth of others than producing their own and getting paid by tax revenue instead of generating their own long term wealth when the people make more the more tax revenue the government has. War is not the freaking problem in this country freaking problem is free food,free homes,free educations.free retirements,free healthcare from over 30 years of the i want it all i want it now from the i don't give a crap how generation. Every single person in this country benefits from Military spending in many ways too many are just to damn blind to see it.

How very interesting.....but I'd like to point out that none of that has a thing to do with the topic of this thread. Perhaps you should start a new thread of your own so you could post these thoughts and initiate a new discussion. Might I suggest the "Rants" forum?

P.S.: Your "war is not the freaking problem" comment was a hoot. Perhaps you should try your comedy act out at The Apollo.

edit on 20-2-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Keep trying to deny what happened today.

edit on 20-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, I definately can say I understand the problem with "dependency based programs". OWS largely supported entitlment programs as far as I'm concerned. I stopped supporting OWS because of their lack of ability to listen to real solutions not to mention they pretty much shunned all the support from RP supporters that they initially had.

This isn't an OWS thread however, and it's not really fair for you to accuse it as being lumped into that catagory. If you want, you can look up all the threads I have defended Israel in. Ron Paul is clearly not *only* talking about ending wars, but that is one aspect, and many veterans agree. As you know, he would like to see many useless portions of government (5 departments, the first year) shutdown. This nation is screwed, we need extreme measures for extreme times, and unfortunately for you, that also means bringing our troops home.

I don't think it's right of you at all to come into a thread about veterans for Ron Paul and accuse those who have participated in this thread of not posting what you want them to in other threads. It doesn't make much sense and you just seem angry about the lack of support for the wars on ATS.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Keep trying to deny what happened today.

Please multiply that star I just gave you by 1,000.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Relevent for the simple fact the first people to get crapped on is the military out of all governmental employees that are ALWAYS the first on the chopping block.

Even with Pauls proposed 1 trillion spending cut who do you think will be the first ones screwed?

Yeah returning to a isolationist stance has just worked out so freaking well when history has shown time and time and sticking their heads in the sand has worked out so well.

People say they support the military and yet GUT THEM and as to "the thousands" of military "marching" in washington heard the same exaggerated numbers from:

Rally to Restore Sanity
OWS
Million Moms boycott sears or pennies

etc

Millions support what "they" do!! Blah blah blah.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The only reason military spending helps us is because all we make is weapons now. We have no industry it's all been shipped over to China. We have no car industry because it's been bailed out and what does GM do? They turn around after being handed billions and move their plants to the UK! That doesn't mean you run and start more wars to prop up your economy. No, that means you put someone in the whitehouse that actually gives a damn about this country and I'll give you a hint: It's not Obama.

There is no other option. That's why people get so upset with people that sit here and blindly defend Obama and every horrible decision and action he's made in the past 4 years. But make no mistake Romney, Gingrich and Santorum are all the same if not worse. The people that are going to vote for Ron Paul know there is no other option. Follow the money. Who backed Obama in 2008? Who backs Romney? And who backs Paul? That should tell you all you need to know about who's on the side of the people and who's working for wallstreet and the big banks.

This isn't about being Democrat or Republican. I know people that refuse to vote for a Republican because they hate Bush. The primitive "my teams vs your team" mentality needs to stop. People need to stop voting for their party and start voting for the candidate based on what they represent. Obama isn't going to turn this country around no matter how much he feeds you "hope and change". And we don't need to be fighting wars for Israel or the banks. Bring our troops home and let's start making things HERE again instead of licking the boot of our Asian "friends".

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Could have fooled me "illegal wars" "people before profit" etc.

Sounds exactly like the OWS tripe

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Could have fooled me "illegal wars" "people before profit" etc.

Sounds exactly like the OWS tripe

So that's what you're upset about? Forgive me, but like OWS you haven't been too clear about your agenda here.

So tell me, how is not getting congressional approval before going to war not against the rules? The only thing they do to spin the rules is decide to not actually call it a "war", when it is indeed a "war". It's all BS. You're not going to do much convincing otherwise I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

TYeah returning to a isolationist stance has just worked out so freaking well when history has shown time and time and sticking their heads in the sand has worked out so well. People say they support the military and yet GUT THEM and as to "the thousands" of military "marching" in washington heard the same exaggerated numbers from: ext

Can you please refresh my failing memory as to these times in history you are referring to when this country has operated in an "isolationist" manner and how that "isolationism" resulted in harm to Americans on U.S. soil?

After that, could you please take a gander at the video below and give me your estimate of how many individuals you see participating in today's March on Washington? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join