It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi Op... woman here who's had to have one and not regret it, your video was really uh.. uncalled for really...

I have very strong moral and ethical reasons for being pro-choice, the main one of course being don't tell me what to do with my body...secondly and more importantly looking at the health issues involved at times, you HAVE to be able to choose options.

Or is what you are really advocating a nanny state telling everyone how to act, think and behave? If you want that, Camazotz is looking for more minions for IT

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sounds like something that would make me nausous watching.

Is it? Or should I bring the popcorn?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

Funny, your post is 3 minutes after the OP, and it's a 33 minute movie. You must have a time machine or something, if you can watch a 33 minute movie in 3 minutes.

As for the topic, I am glad there are abortions. I mean, most people who abort are probably not fit to be parents anyway, and would simply mistreat the kid. They're selfish people who have no responsibility for their actions, and will most likely create more criminals.

about 180 seconds was all I needed. It starts as pure propaganda. Thats all i needed to know.

edit on 16-2-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

So, you're saying you spent all day on here debating a video you never even watched? That's classic!
That reminds me of the "put him in a round room and tell him to piss in the corner" joke...

No, Im saying i watched about 2 minutes of it before my first post.

Are you guys that desperate, that THIS is the only thing you can argue about the topic?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yep there that desparate. You can't really argue it without creating double standards, and eliminating the whole freedom of religion thing. Pro choice is what we have here in America. You get to choose, don't limit that to abortions. Everybody has a choice, you don't like it, then you choose not to be involved with it, you don't make it so no one can do it, because its contrary to your beliefs. Thats not freedom of religion.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

Perhaps because you didn't watch it. OP post at 12:18 AM and you post 3 minutes later. You can not watch a 33 minute video in 3 minutes.

You labeled something you didn't even watch as propaganda.
Thanks for being so opened minded and all.

Do I really need to go over this for a third time? Why is it, i wonder, that the anti-abortion crowd continues to attack the poster, and not the topic? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

It's called "deny ignorance." Why did you make a post saying the video did "NOTHING to change my mind."
You didn't even watch it. I think that is grossly unfair to the OP. I see a lie and am supposed to think it's OK?

Watch the video and tell me what you disagree with please. There is no way on earth you can intelligently discuss the information presented. Reread your post and you'll see you were the one bashing the OP.

BTW, did you ever hear of Adolph Hilter? If so, don't you think everyone on the planet should know who he is? You have no clue why I should bring this up unless you watched the video.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Perhaps because you didn't watch it. OP post at 12:18 AM and you post 3 minutes later. You can not watch a 33 minute video in 3 minutes.

Do I really need to go over this for a third time? Why is it, i wonder, that the anti-abortion crowd continues to attack the poster, and not the topic? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

It's called "deny ignorance." Why did you make a post saying the video did "NOTHING to change my mind."
You didn't even watch it. I think that is grossly unfair to the OP. I see a lie and am supposed to think it's OK?

Watch the video and tell me what you disagree with please. There is no way on earth you can intelligently discuss the information presented. Reread your post and you'll see you were the one bashing the OP.

BTW, did you ever hear of Adolph Hilter? If so, don't you think everyone on the planet should know who he is? You have no clue why I should bring this up unless you watched the video.

1)Wrong. I didnt watch the whole thing BEFORE I MADE MY FIRST POST. I saw enough to see what slant they were coming from. Propaganda will NEVER change my mind.

2)There is very little information in that video that merits an "intelligent conversation". And one CERTAINLY wont be had with those who would think it is their place to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

3)I do know why you bring up hitler, and it is the oldest, most tired, most irrelevant argument that can be brought into this conversation. Comparing abortion to the holocaust is a prime example of the DISGUSTING propaganda that the anti-choice crowd will use to elicit emotional response, no matter how IRRELEVANT it is to the conversation at hand.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Are you guys that desperate, that THIS is the only thing you can argue about the topic?

This is so lame. You complain that all we can argue about is that you didn't watch the video. Well, we sure can't discuss it with you now can we? I don't like wasting time. Maybe later I try to find some pro-choice person discuss the video. There is only so much # I can take in one sitting.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
After watching it ... even more pro-abortion than I was before

You wanna make your women incubators? Have at it. I'll go to war before I let you touch mine.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

1)Wrong. I didnt watch the whole thing BEFORE I MADE MY FIRST POST. I saw enough to see what slant they were coming from. Propaganda will NEVER change my mind.

2)There is very little information in that video that merits an "intelligent conversation". And one CERTAINLY wont be had with those who would think it is their place to tell others what they can and cannot do with their bodies.

3)I do know why you bring up hitler, and it is the oldest, most tired, most irrelevant argument that can be brought into this conversation. Comparing abortion to the holocaust is a prime example of the DISGUSTING propaganda that the anti-choice crowd will use to elicit emotional response, no matter how IRRELEVANT it is to the conversation at hand.
Well said! I'd quit arguing with them you might lose IQ points.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This is so lame. You complain that all we can argue about is that you didn't watch the video. Well, we sure can't discuss it with you now can we? I don't like wasting time. Maybe later I try to find some pro-choice person discuss the video. There is only so much # I can take in one sitting.

I watched it, then had to bleach my eyes and rip out my eardrums.. Well maybe not that extreme, but what that guy did to that poor German girl was so uncalled for, apples and oranges totally..... One was complete genocide, the other stance, the legality here in the US, is to protect peoples freedoms and choice to be free form being told what to do... Sorry no sale here..... I have 3 kids, all of them are disabled, i wouldn't rade them for the world but if i had been impregnated by being raped or thru incest (oh wait, yeah that did happen) I would choose, which is my right to protect my health and abort it..no absolutely tasteless European movie is going to make me change my mind.

Good enough response for ya?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And yet you continue to avoid the subject and only post about me....HMMMMMM.....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nice that you judge a video you didn't even watch. Nice that you judge my intentions when all I really had in mind was saying it was scary to see all the people who don't know what happened in Nazi Germany.

I feel like I'm writing this to one of them right now.
edit on 2/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
what if a girl is raped and becomes pregnant, the girl didnt want to become a mother? She cant afford to bring a child into the world on top of all this? Lets say she even has no home... does she have to keep the baby??

Nah.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Nice that you judge a video you didn't even watch. Nice that you judge my intentions when all I really had in mind was saying it was scary to see all the people who don't know what happened in Nazi Germany.

I feel like I'm writing this to one of them right now.
edit on 2/16/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

Just like the Energizer Bunny....you just keep going...and going...and going...without actually doing a darn thing.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Is this documentary actually using the holocaust to promote anti-abortionist idea's? I mean.. really? How messed up!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Again, it is impossible to "kill an unborn human being". There is no such thing.

abortion prevents a human being from being born. how do they prevent it.

you cannot kill something that is not alive. if a fertilized egg was not alive it would not grow and develop.

consciousness is not a requirement for being a human being. a person who is receives a head wound and becomes a vegetable is still a human being.

a person on life support with no brain function is still a human being.

when hitler of all people believed abortion is barbaric and outlawed it in germany, then maybe you should start to re-evaluate your position.

you say it's not a human being. we all go thru stages of development as we grow. conception is the first stage of human life. if you cannot grasp that easy concept, then literally there is no hope for you.

you are as closed minded as the people you accuse.

the opposite of pro-life is pro-death. not pro-choice. and what are the choices. allow your baby to live, develop, grow and be born or to end it's existence by poisoning it's environment with a saline solution.

but you claim human embryo's are not alive, key adjective human, so it should be impossible to end it's life.

and just to remind you, we were all that fertilized egg once.

edit on 16-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
what if a girl is raped and becomes pregnant, the girl didnt want to become a mother? She cant afford to bring a child into the world on top of all this? Lets say she even has no home... does she have to keep the baby??

Nah.

I already brought up these excellent points and they were ignored because there was no good reason to disagree with it.

link   
Like voting for anything in this country even matters..."they" already know who "they" want in office..."They" already know what laws are going to be put into effect...I mean c'mon..what a joke, that's why I have not voted in twenty years

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

a person on life support with no brain function is still a human being.

A human yes, but it is not a person. Skin cell is human too, but it is not a person.

No mind, no person, no victim, no crime.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I intend not to be mean spirited and you most certainly are welcome to your opine, but I refuse to watch 'another' movie which is supposed to sway me away from my belief, pro-choice which was built on a personal indepth search of myself, and unlike most of these films which are full or propoganda, I used logic and reason.

If I'm not wrong, a moderator shall be along shortly to link this thread to the several other like it already on ATS.

And I take exception to your comment of my not having morals... I have always been morally concious of right and wrong and most who preach this to me are stuck with the same old disinformation poured liberally into children in early life by sometimes well meaning religionous folks.

Bye...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join