It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"180" Movie - A Few Minutes that may change your mind about Abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blairc56
reply to post by circuitsports

so the father has no say in this at all? it's his child just as much as it is yours. If you don't want the burden don't have sex.

Need I bring up the staggering rate of absentee fathers in america?

Need I remind you that it takes two to make a baby, not just the woman?

Need I bring up the fact that men dont carry babies?

I do believe the father should have a voice, but the "dont want it, close your legs" argument holds about as much water as a colander....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Ha! That's because you posted 2 minutes after the thread started! You couldn't have watched it! Way to prove your point... As for telling one what is right, I think murder for inconvenience is always immoral no matter what. And what about the Babies Choice? O wait, i forgot to dehumanize it first so it makes it easier, sorry. What about the "fetus, mistake, bad choice, accident"'s choice?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalledOUT

Ha! That's because you posted 2 minutes after the thread started! You couldn't have watched it! Way to prove your point... As for telling one what is right, I think murder for inconvenience is always immoral no matter what. And what about the Babies Choice? O wait, i forgot to dehumanize it first so it makes it easier, sorry. What about the "fetus, mistake, bad choice, accident"'s choice?

Your reading comprehension is well proven. As I already said, I watched 2 minutes of it. I saw the propaganda from the very start, and needed nothing more from it.

Got anything of actual substance to say?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
A man finds a fetus on a park bench, crying, and asks "What's the matter?" The fetus responds, "I just got aborted!" "That's terrible," says the man, "but it could be worse. If you were born you'd probably end up fighting a war you don't support in Iraq."

Thats really dumb.

What has Iraq got to do with it? I know it was a joke but it wasn't even funny.. I couldnt give a sht about the war in iraq. Since when is drafting the norm with the war? why would the baby have to go fight?

Pointless joke
edit on 16-2-2012 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

so the father has no say in this at all? it's his child just as much as it is yours. If you don't want the burden don't have sex.

I do believe the father should have a voice, but the "dont want it, close your legs" argument holds about as much water as a colander....

so other boys actions should have a direct influence on me? that's like saying muslims were responsible for 9/11 so ALL muslims are horrible ppl and should be treated as such.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I saw this awful "movie" a while ago. I don't really care which side you're on, comparing abortion to the holocaust is just offensive. Not to mention that he basically walks up to people and twists their words around to try to trick them into agreeing with him.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by SubAce

Question: when is it ok to kill a baby in the womb?

Answer: any time before the baby develops consciousness.

If you think the moment the egg and sperm fuse that Human consciousness is spawned, you are just naive.

Pop Quiz! If you one day find yourself in the hospital what is the one medical statistic used to determine if you are alive or not? Consciousness? Bzzzzzzzt sorry that is incorrect. The correct answer is: HEARTBEAT. The baby has one, it's alive.

False. The main criterion is brain death defined as an irreversible end of all brain activity.

This fact fits in neatly with ChaoticOrders view.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

so other boys actions should have a direct influence on me? that's like saying muslims were responsible for 9/11 so ALL muslims are horrible ppl and should be treated as such.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to get at here. As I have said, i believe the father should have a voice. But it is simply not as cut and dry as you try to make it.

And I'm really not sure what the father's voice has to do with this thread....

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

Perhaps because you didn't watch it. OP post at 12:18 AM and you post 3 minutes later. You can not watch a 33 minute video in 3 minutes.

You labeled something you didn't even watch as propaganda.
Thanks for being so opened minded and all.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

And no, your video did NOTHING to change my mind. At all. I've seen plenty of propaganda before.

Perhaps because you didn't watch it. OP post at 12:18 AM and you post 3 minutes later. You can not watch a 33 minute video in 3 minutes.

You labeled something you didn't even watch as propaganda.
Thanks for being so opened minded and all.

Do I really need to go over this for a third time? Why is it, i wonder, that the anti-abortion crowd continues to attack the poster, and not the topic? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Its always about peoples beliefs, getting in the way of other peoples lives. We don't write policy based on religion, even though you would like it that way. We live in a country with religious freedom, so to take sides on any belief would be wrong. That is why it is a choice. And people wonder why there is no peace on earth

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

So then when does a baby develop consciousness? Also why is it that if you kill a pregnant woman you get charged with 2 counts of murder if it isn't human? I think its pretty ironic of you to call others naive when you think killing a human being is fine. A mothers womb is supposed to be the safest place for a human in the world. Yet it would be a very dangerous situation if you was a parent, because you might just feel one day you want to kill this life.

Thou shalt not kill. People who have an abortion should be charged with murder of the 1st degree.
edit on 16-2-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Also why is it that if you kill a pregnant woman you get charged with 2 counts of murder if it isn't human?

Simple. The mother did not choose to abort. Meaning someone killed her fetus against her will. Not AT ALL the same thing as a mother CHOOSING to abort.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So then when does a baby develop consciousness? Also why is it that if you kill a pregnant woman you get charged with 2 counts of murder if it isn't human? I think its pretty ironic of you to call others naive when you think killing a human being is fine. A mothers womb is supposed to be the safest place for a human in the world. Yet it would be a very dangerous situation if you was a parent, because you might just feel one day you want to kill this life.

Thou shalt not kill. People who have an abortion should be charged with murder of the 1st degree.

You would only be charged with double murder if the foetus would survive outside the womb, so obviously only in the later stages of pregnancy when a legal abortion isn't allowed anyway.

As for 'thou shalt not kill', I would say we need to look at the behaviour of the Western countries in the Middle East and then decide which we need to sort out first! There are plenty of other situations we need to resolve long before wanting to remove a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body.
edit on 16-2-2012 by SerialVelocity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is your belief, and your entitled to your belief, you never have to be involved in any way with abortion,because you have a choice. Others who don't share your belief are entitled to do what they do. When we start controlling people based on our beliefs, thats when people start getting hurt.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Your reading comprehension is well proven. As I already said, I watched 2 minutes of it. I saw the propaganda from the very start, and needed nothing more from it.

Sure, you could not have saw the video for 2 minutes and wrote your post within the 2 minutes it took you to respond. As for reading level, hope you can understand this: PANTS ON FIRE!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CalledOUT

Personally this video was handed out to me at school about 4 months ago, so maybe possibly he saw the video eslewhere

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So then when does a baby develop consciousness?

Lower limit is 5th month, when brainwaves appear.

Also why is it that if you kill a pregnant woman you get charged with 2 counts of murder if it isn't human?

This varies based on state and trimester of pregnancy, often you get charged only with 1 count of murder.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Sure, you could not have saw the video for 2 minutes and wrote your post within the 2 minutes it took you to respond. As for reading level, hope you can understand this: PANTS ON FIRE!

turns out I did, so you're wrong. Why so fixated on this? Why not speak to the subject, and not attack a poster? No points to make, i take it?

Seriously, just sad...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Funny, your post is 3 minutes after the OP, and it's a 33 minute movie. You must have a time machine or something, if you can watch a 33 minute movie in 3 minutes.

As for the topic, I am glad there are abortions. I mean, most people who abort are probably not fit to be parents anyway, and would simply mistreat the kid. They're selfish people who have no responsibility for their actions, and will most likely create more criminals.

about 180 seconds was all I needed. It starts as pure propaganda. Thats all i needed to know.

edit on 16-2-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

So, you're saying you spent all day on here debating a video you never even watched? That's classic!
That reminds me of the "put him in a round room and tell him to piss in the corner" joke...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join