It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Valentines Day! Its My Birthday!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
My name is Andrew, and I have been a member for quite some time, following the site for even longer, but am just now writing an introduction. As I stated, Happy Valentines Day everyone, I hope it is filled with love and care. It's a special day for me, as this is also my birthday. My Mother always says I was the best Valentines Day gift ever. I love her dearly, as well as everyone here. Now let me get to the reason I decided to write an introduction today. It starts and ends with ATS. But first we will start with today, as i sent my girlfriend flowers and some small gifts by mail for Valentines Day. She thanked me profusely, and told me that she was getting me a gift, but will have it later in the week. Now, as of late, material things have become less and less important, so I as I have done often, stated it was unnecessary, her love is more than enough for me. Which brings me to why I am really writing this post ATS. I would like a gift from all of you, and I figured this was the way to ask for it. You see, the reason I have been a member so long, yet never even wrote an introduction is simple. The couple of occasions I posted on a thread, just providing information I thought could be helpful to someone, in particular the person who wrote the thread, I was amazed at how quickly someone immediately posted something explaining how a particular other piece of information makes what I wrote basically not even worth looking at. It seemed as though no matter what I had to say, even with people agreeing with me on the subject matter, was never good enough, even rudely criticized.

So ATS, this is the gift I ask for, in the spirit of love and forgiveness, and for my birthday. That we all come together, RESPECT other peoples ideas, comments, and beliefs. I would love to see ATS become a place that is really more about the so-called "denying ignorance" than just one-upping or putting down everyone else. Nobody is perfect, we all have our own issues and problems. But I honestly feel that if everyone were to take the time to open their mind, as oppose to criticize, than I once again may start actually reading past the Opening Post, and maybe even attempting to contribute again.

So, once again, and I'm sure I'm not the first to ask for it, but on this day of love, I ask for peace for my birthday. So many say they want peace in this world, but how can that ever be if we can't even have peace on a forum such as this.

Bless You ALL and Be Well,
Andrew

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Happy Birthday, and Warm Welcome to ATS...

Enjoy your first flag....

edit on 14-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
happy birthday to you! it would've been my mothers birthday today too if she were still alive so it's nice to be able to wish someone new a happy birthday on valentines day... and enjoy ats!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by acdoja420

Welcome acdoja420...

So ATS, this is the gift I ask for, in the spirit of love and forgiveness, and for my birthday. That we all come together, RESPECT other peoples ideas, comments, and beliefs.

No..............too many people here do NOT deserve respect. I may be one them as a matter of fact...but, no way. And anyways, I think more productive conversations occur when members tell it like it is.

With that said, glad you did an intro even if late, as I did the same thing. Hope you continue to enjoy the site...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by acdoja420

Andrew,

Happy Heart Birthday To You!

I hope your day is going well and I wish for you all the best.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Happy Birthday and welcome!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I appreciate that, and plan to. But as far as being productive, I never said criticism is a bad thing. I love hearing other peoples views on subjects, that's part of the reason I'm here. But I would like to hear they're thoughts in a respectful, that is all I'm saying. But again, thank you and Be Well

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
happy birthday to you! it would've been my mothers birthday today too if she were still alive so it's nice to be able to wish someone new a happy birthday on valentines day... and enjoy ats!

Thank You, and bless her soul. She obviously must have been a wonderful woman. And I surely have and will continue to enjoy the site. Thanks again

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you, even though I honestly don't even know what a flag gets me, I appreciate it just as well

new topics

top topics

join