It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is HOME to you?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Home is where I am, where ever I am.
I am at home with myself, we are one.

Home's name was originally Daniel Home, but........

Anonymous. About Spiritualism. Text........................has travelled in almost every quarter of the world, has met with many romantic adventures, and is a remarkably good-natured and sprightly woman. She is handsome, with full voluptuous figure, large eyes, well formed nose, and rich, sensuous mouth and chin. She dresses with remarkable elegance, is bien gantee, and her clothing is redolent of some subtle and delicious perfume which she has gathered in her wanderings in the far East.

“I was born in 1834 at Ekaterinoslav,” she said, “of which my father, Colonel Hahn-hahn, was Governor. It is about 200 versts from Odessa. Yes, he was a cousin of the Countess Ida Hahn-hahn, the authoress. My mother was a daughter of General Fadeef, and I am a granddaughter of the Princess Dolgorouki. My mother was an authoress, and used to write under the nom de plume of Zenaida R* * * va. Do you fellows smoke here?”

“I don’t -------”

“Oh, you mean fellow.”

“But the others do, and you can smoke if you wish.”

“That’s right. All we Russian ladies like our cigarette. Why, do you know poor Queen Victoria is nearly frightened into fits because her Russian daughter-in-law smokes.” Here Mme. Blavatsky took out a book of cigarette papers and a parcel of Turkish tobacco, and deftly rolled up an elegant little cigarette. The writer gallantly supplied her with a light, and she began to smoke, blowing the blue vapor through her beautiful nostrils with that dreamy relish which the smoker knows so well.

“When my father died,” she proceeded, “I went to Tiflis in Georgia, where my grandfather was one of the three Councillors of the Viceroy Woronzoff. (Puff, puff.) When I was sixteen years of age they married me to M. Blavatsky; he was the Governor of Erivan. Fancy! he was seventy-three and I sixteen. But mind, I don’t blame anybody - not my friends, not in the least. (Puff, puff.) However, at the end of the year we separated. His habits were not agreeable to me. As I had a fortune of my own I determined to travel. I went first of all to Egypt. I spent three nights in the Pyramid of Cheops. Oh I had most marvellous experiences. Then I went to England. And in 1853 I came to this country. I was recalled to Russia by the death of my grandmother, Mme. Brajation. She left me a fortune, but if I had been with her before her death I should have had much more. She left eight millions of roubles to the convents and monasteries in Moldavia - she was a Moldavian herself. I went back to Egypt, and penetrated into the Soudan. I made a great deal of money on that journey.”

“How?”

“Why, by buying ostrich feathers. I did not go there for that purpose, but as I found I could do it I did it. Oh! ostrich feathers that would sell for five or six guineas you could buy there for a cent. Then I went to Athens, Palestine, Syria, Arabia, and back again to Paris. Then I went to Homburg and Baden Baden, and lost a good deal of money at gambling, I am sorry to say. In 1858 I returned to Paris, and made the acquaintance of Daniel Home, the Spiritualist. He had married the Countess Kroble, a sister of the Countess Koucheleff Bezborrodke, a lady with whom I had been very intimate in my girlhood. Home converted me to Spiritualism.”

“Did you ever see any of his ‘levitations,’ as they are called?”

“Yes; but give me a light. (Puff, puff.) Thanks. Yes I have seen Home ....

edit on 16-2-2012 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Again...d-Nile-| l' m é d i a-

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For now, this is all our only home, (for the physical dimension) the pale blue dot. Carl Sagan puts "home" in perspective, here. A beautiful version.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
When overwhelmed dwelling within the Presence.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Home.....interesting concept. I too think of it a lot, and to me, I think what was my original home is no more, it was blown up in a far away and long ago war. Terra is my Home now, (just not in this time peroid) and I have been gathering intel for the new world that will come after the Purification.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
Like I said in another post, I do feel a lot more at home here than I've felt anywhere else, connected to the land and a lot more connected to the people... but there is still some kind of dissonance that keeps me from feeling completely like home.

What might that dissonance be related to, if you feel so much more at ease where you've chosen to relocate?
Second...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
What might that dissonance be related to, if you feel so much more at ease where you've chosen to relocate?
Second...

The dissonance is me. Or, rather, parts of me that do not fit in with my current life.

I do not know how to be at home, and I do not know how to convert those parts of me which are "unacceptable" to my current family into something that is "acceptable".

In short, I do not believe I will ever be completely acceptable to my family members, specifically because the things that make me unacceptable have, will, and do hurt them.

So. I am at the point where I either live a lie, live the truth, or stop living.

Living a lie is easiest, and I have done so for quite some time.

Living the truth is the most difficult, and this is where I am stumbling and wandering around and trying to figure out how to accept myself, faults and problems included.

To stop living would be the ultimate relief from pain, and in some ways, it does beckon to me. But, I realize that is the easy way out and the cowardly way to escape from my problems, so I refuse to end my life.

Not a particularly mellifluous life, but my life it is.

I have children who love me and adore me and see something good about me. I would like to understand what they see and I would like them to be my home. I want to be just like them. They inspire me and they strike me with awe and they are amazing.

I have a major problem being present with them, even though they are perfect and they know how to give and receive without thought. I either know how to give or receive, but do not understand how to do both at the same time. I am learning, though.

I am trying to be mindful, always, and catch my thoughts before they slide down that slippery slope to suffering.

I can, honestly, only go one day at a time. Some days are good, some days are bad. But, I am learning to have good days, even when they feel like bad days.

Not much else I can do at this point.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Home for me is at any moment where i create to occupy space in. Any "past life" connections any of us are creating and what star system you really belong to are created from the NOW moment so there is no escaping the fact, that everyone reading this text on Earth is from Earth. There is only the present.

The most important thing for anyone to learn has to do with the experience they are having right here, right now. Any connections they create to past lives or even future they are creating from the now, to assist in whatever experience they are having right now. Learn to love this planet you are on right now and once you will learn to appreciate all experiences and understand they all have value, you will be in the state of being that allows you to explore your other connections in a more physical manner, traveling the universe.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
For now, this is all our only home, (for the physical dimension) the pale blue dot. Carl Sagan puts "home" in perspective, here. A beautiful version.

Thank you for posting that, it is another reminder to realize that the world is not me, but the world is us all and we are all the world.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by ottobot

Home.....interesting concept. I too think of it a lot, and to me, I think what was my original home is no more, it was blown up in a far away and long ago war. Terra is my Home now, (just not in this time peroid) and I have been gathering intel for the new world that will come after the Purification.

What's the Purification? Some kind of apocalypse? Forgive me, I do not know your beliefs...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by vunkster
Home for me is at any moment where i create to occupy space in. Any "past life" connections any of us are creating and what star system you really belong to are created from the NOW moment so there is no escaping the fact, that everyone reading this text on Earth is from Earth. There is only the present.

The most important thing for anyone to learn has to do with the experience they are having right here, right now. Any connections they create to past lives or even future they are creating from the now, to assist in whatever experience they are having right now. Learn to love this planet you are on right now and once you will learn to appreciate all experiences and understand they all have value, you will be in the state of being that allows you to explore your other connections in a more physical manner, traveling the universe.

Well said!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Home for me is not on this Earth.

I cannot view Earth as my home due to the chaos, pain, and suffering that every living creature has to deal with on a daily basis.

My home is not in this dimension. It is with the Ascended Beings of Light. Where we all came from, and where we are all destined to go back to.

There is a member here who has the signature, "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.”

I live by that quote.

Never build something permanent in a temporary place.

We are only here for a short while. Then, by the grace of the Eternal Creator, we can finally go back home.

I await that day with an eager heart.

~Quyll

edit on 17-2-2012 by Quyll because: Typo

edit on 17-2-2012 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2012 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reading your response, I started to understand that once I am at peace in my soul I will love myself and then be able to love everyone else in the same way. Wherein home will be anywhere I am able to feel unconditional love for others.

I think I am almost to the point of being able to love universally, but I am holding myself back for some reason. I don't know if I'm afraid or I just don't think that I am ready to dive off the cusp yet.

You have given me many things to think about, thank you.

This is right, thank you. It is this peace in our soul that we learn and attain which makes us learn love in the world. So if a person is continually pleasing his or her mind every day they most likely will not be trying to please their soul, most won't be thinking about it but some will. Some will be thinking about pleasing their soul without even knowing the psychology behind it, they just do it because they want to be 'good' people. This pleasing of the soul is a natural magical event of pure goodness (love). The hardest thing for people to grasp is that this is a situation involving our mind, body, and spirit. If you don't understand they way our mind interacts with other people's souls then we probably can't understand how to interact with our soul.

Love universally, now that's big. I am just here on earth, but I believe these things just because I have studied hard and made my own conclusions that I feel good about. I also had a strange event when knowing someone who saw a ghost or an ET or something of that nature.

Don't hold back, I hold back also, but the true learning experience is that I should not hold back. We are making ourselves vulnerable by opening up to love, but love is more important. We will begin to see that love has to do with everyday life, it is not just finding a boyfriend or girlfriend. It is essential to our souls.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It's... difficult to explain. I suppose, if you want to do that, it's a matter of wanting to be where you are. Or having felt that at least once. It was kind of like a meditational practice combined with the Stanislavsky method of acting... that is, recalling the feeling as you've experienced it, exploring it internally, and cultivating it with sincerity in your mind.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Home to me is with the creator phsyically speaking home is where i happen to have my stuff at at the time

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Then, follow the purity of your childrens' lead, if you can. Sometimes adults can learn a profound lesson from their unspoiled innocence.

Best of wishes to your working things out. You sound like a very thoughtful and unselfish person.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Don't hold back, I hold back also, but the true learning experience is that I should not hold back. We are making ourselves vulnerable by opening up to love, but love is more important. We will begin to see that love has to do with everyday life... It is essential to our souls.

Yes, it is incredibly difficult for me to allow myself to be vulnerable.

I have many problems with trusting others, and learned quite young to shield myself to avoid being hurt by the actions of others. In attempting not to hurt others with my actions, I hurt myself. In attempting not to hurt others with my words, I hurt myself. I essentially became very submissive and meek so that people would have no reason to hurt me.

Except that this gave them more reason to want to hurt me. And I started to think that I deserved to be hurt anyway, because it must have been my fault that they wanted to hurt me in the first place.

In this endless loop of self-hate, self-rejection, and pain I have been stuck for 95% of my life.

Realistically, I am the only one that hurts me.

When I do not follow my intuition or feelings, I end up hurting myself in the past, present, and future.

When I think badly of myself, I end up hurting myself in the past, present, and future.

So, I am learning to think differently and see the world differently.

In this process. I will eventually be able to trust and love myself and (by extension) others.
edit on 2/20/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritWolfPup
reply to post by Saucerwench

Home to me is with the creator phsyically speaking home is where i happen to have my stuff at at the time

Interesting. Your signature references "the creator" as love. Does this mean that you are home when you are loved?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
reply to post by ottobot

Then, follow the purity of your childrens' lead, if you can. Sometimes adults can learn a profound lesson from their unspoiled innocence.

Best of wishes to your working things out. You sound like a very thoughtful and unselfish person.

I cannot remember being an unspoiled innocent, so I hope to someday become one.

I want to be an innocent, in my heart and in my soul.

Thank you for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In this world, where I feel safe, a place I can predict the next day as best as possible. a Place that comforts me in a time of pain. a Place where people seem to love me; when I know only .001% of em really do.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join