It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for the Best Phone Apps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hi, finally said goodbye to my old phone (RIP), and entered to the smartphones world and would like to know what apps ATSers recommend to download, taking in consideration the typical ATSer interests, like science, survival, .....you know.

Thanks you all.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Google Sky, Shazaam, Earthquake alert.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Long time I wanted that shazam, thanks brother.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The best music identifier app out there is soundhound.
I use weather underground for my weather app.
If you have a car get gas buddy. It'll tell you the cheapest gas around.
Quick settings is a great app to manage your phones various settings.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have to agree with all the apps mentioned so far....Google sky is just plain awesome. And yes SoundHound is better than shazam. What type of phone did you get as Iphone and Android have different sets of apps.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
thanks guys, I'm taking note of all those apps.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I got Iphone, I think google sky is only for android, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes, its android only. There is a similar app for Iphone. I believe it is called pocket universe.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Thanks, I'll download it now.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would say get Voxer it's like using a walkie talkie, you record a message and send it to your friends in real time. I'd also grab a flashlight app but be careful using it as it drains your battery pretty quick. Bump is another cool one especially if you want to share your info with friends who have the app you simply "bump" your hands together (with the phone in your hand of course) and it sends your info to them as well as sharing apps if you want to. Translate is really cool especially when traveling because you can speak what you want to say and translate it then press the speaker button and it says it in the language of your choice.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One of the absolute best apps for emergencies, news, earthquakes, dhs alerts, information, etc. is "disaster alerts" , its an absolute must have. also another one thats also a lot of fun is the "tricorder" , just like on tv.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemdog
One of the absolute best apps for emergencies, news, earthquakes, dhs alerts, information, etc. is "disaster alerts" , its an absolute must have. also another one thats also a lot of fun is the "tricorder" , just like on tv.

Oops. Its called Disaster Events. great app for ATSers.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Temple run!!! Q!!!!

top topics

join