It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second most devastating oil spill? Massive oil spill in Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

To have some respect for the OP for a start.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Yet another reason to invade Venezuela. I hope those of you anti-war folk are prepared to lose the environment because this is what pacifism allows to happen.

Enjoy your oil slicks.
But what about BP in the US controlled area of the Gulf of Mexico?
Should we in the US invade ousselves first?
and what's wrong with pacifism? Oh I know it denys the uberrich industrialist a market for their weopons and our kids the opportunity to be killed or maimed!

I'm just wondering if this Venezuela oil wil make it Cocoa Beach.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday
I urge the Royal Navy to use torpedos and Tomahawks to further rupture the pipelines in the area in retaliation for Venezuela's continued support of Argentine fascism and colonialism.
edit on 11-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

I urge everyone who has oil wash up on their beach to box it up and send it to this tool.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
why is it that this type of news hurts the most? days and days and months of reading all kinds of news and yet its the oil spills that are often the anchor back to how screwed our future is going to be :'(

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday
I urge the Royal Navy to use torpedos and Tomahawks to further rupture the pipelines in the area in retaliation for Venezuela's continued support of Argentine fascism and colonialism.
edit on 11-2-2012 by nocollegeonsunday because: (no reason given)

I urge everyone who has oil wash up on their beach to box it up and send it to this tool.

We don't need oil. We have so much oil we are giving your gulf coast a nice new paint job for free! It makes me smile every single time I use BP.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yet another reason to invade Venezuela. I hope those of you anti-war folk are prepared to lose the environment because this is what pacifism allows to happen.

Enjoy your oil slicks.

That's either the most camouflaged sarcasm I've ever stumbled upon, or the most ridiculous statement on these very forums within the past 24 hours, and both would be major achievements.

So which one is it ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
It should be up to Venezuela to take action. Plus military action will only cause civilian casualties. I've been to Venezuela before, nice people and beautiful landscapes. I'm sure that they will try to sort it out as soon as possible, because the longer it goes on the worse it will get. Not only for their oil, but their ecosystem and tourism.
And as for everyone calling for Venezuela to be struck because of their support of the Argentine efforts to steal the Falklands, can I just remind you who was supporting the IRA for many many years, while the UK was getting bombed? Just something to ponder.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nocollegeonsunday

IT IS NOT
CHAVEZ IS

you are trolling. Does anyone do anything about this kind of behavior?

The point of the thread is to inform and not about war...

edit on 11-2-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

IT IS NOT
CHAVEZ IS

you are trolling. Does anyone do anything about this kind of behavior?

The point of the thread is to inform and not about war...

Chavez is your leader. Chavez represents you. Chavez speaks for every single Venezuelan when he supports the aggression.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have to say I am really disappointed about some of the replies.
Why is the US always in the threads or the UK?

I have respect for this countries and I live in the UK but it is very hard to have real news about Venezuela outside Venezuela because the government does cover up a lot of stuff. I am facilitating that bridge and all I get for it is trolling about some Argentina v UK war

How can people take you seriously?

Thanks for ruining the threat.

I wont be surprise that some Venezuelans are here getting paid for trolling posts. I have seen it in a Venezuelan forum with one personal having many avatars.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

talk to the hand troll.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

talk to the hand troll.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't support the Iraq and Afgan war, but Cameron does.
I've spoken to countless American's who do not support their presidents.

Just because they are in power, does not mean that they support what they do.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

talk to the hand troll.

Talk to the Trident over your homeland you fool.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

he is trolling. I wouldnt worry.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

Enjoy your oil slicks.

That's either the most camouflaged sarcasm I've ever stumbled upon, or the most ridiculous statement on these very forums within the past 24 hours, and both would be major achievements.

So which one is it ?

Neither, its just your opinion. I have my views and your are welcome to yours.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

staticarum is that you?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's not the President I blame but the divided Congress

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So then at least this mess was shut down but now is just a large mess that needs cleaned up. Those pictures of people covered in oil sure saddens me. No protection at all.

Good thoughts to those that give it their all in cleaning stuff up like this. Now what caused this pipe to rupture? Even in a bad situation as a war this has an effect on more then just this country or that. Stuff like these spills will catch up to us in the long run. Nature cleans up it`s own not as much as we can continue to toss it. Sad how some people think.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Off topic, I know.
ATS has a serious TROLL infestation! Smells like teens with no parental supervision to me.
You people make me SICK!

This is an important ecological disaster and all you can do is derail the thread with your retarded nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join