It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Muslims attempt to purge village near Alexandria of its Christian population

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

INDEED.

Have heard it described as --the religion of 'peace' . . . "The religion of bloody pieces."

Then they threaten to make those describing such accurately . . . to make THEM bloody pieces, too.

IF they don't like the reputation--CHANGE THEIR BEHAVIORS AND CHARACTER of things.

Trouble is, the founding documents DEMAND it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its fear Bo,

People don't act because of fear,

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

BY ALL MEANS . . . let's collect the statistics and compare them.

Any single death is horrific.

I don't recall you dealing with the issue of

EXTRINSIC vs INTRINSIC religiosity.

I believe that the evidence is that it is the

Muslims who INTRINSICALLY own their founding documents dogmas who are most violent.

While it would be the Christians who are EXTRINSIC--NOT REALLY CHRISTIAN who are doing the hideousness in Africa.

Nevertheless, please--collect the statistics and let's see what size problem we are talking about for each religion.

You are also evidently not paying significant attention to the OP articles. Did you read about the numbers of Christians vs the numbers of Muslims involved?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Its fear Bo,

People don't act because of fear,

I'm not sure I follow you.

What precisely is fear of what on whose part?

And I don't know that just because fear is involved . . .

does that mean that the sources of the fear are inconsequential?

Does that mean that the causes of the fear get a free pass?

Or are you saying the Muslims are fearful of those who are different from them?

They don't act fearful, to me. They act blood-thirsty extremely intolerant.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You have to understand the mentality of an average egyptian muslim.

Islamic extremism is the norm in Egypt, with around 80 % supporting stoning of adulterers and death penalty for apostates.

Pewglobal 2010 survey

In light of the fact that egypt is full of extremist religious psychopaths, this news is certainly plausible.

I think some African christians are not much better, tough.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Do you even know any muslims?

Seriously?

I grew up around a ton of them...none were bloodthirsty.
You watch too much Fox news.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Who are you to judge someone you don't know (African Christians in this case) as "not really Christian"? Last time I checked only the Christian God could do that, according to the Bible. You just committed Blasphemy, you are going to hell.

edit on 10-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by BO XIAN

Typing something doesn't make it true either. AND MISSPELLING WORDS WHEN USING CAPS now only if you did your research on the English langage....

Spelling is clearly a much greater priority for you than it is for me. I didn't realize someone could be soooooo

. . . RELIGIOUS . . . about SPELLING!

In your own post you say 3-70%. That's a huge percentile difference, but of course you pick the higher one because it suits your view on the world. Plus you linked no sources...

Here's a report on Indonesia alone:

michellemalkin.com...

One in 10 Indonesia Muslims back violent jihad: poll

Around one in 10 Indonesian Muslims support jihad and justify bomb attacks on Indonesia’s tourist island of Bali as defending the faith, a survey released on Sunday showed.

Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous country, with 220 million people, 85 percent of whom follow Islam, giving the Asian archipelago the largest Muslim population of any nation in the world.

“Jihad that has been understood partially and practiced with violence is justified by around one in 10 Indonesian Muslims,” the Indonesian Survey Institute said in a statement.

That would translate to about 19 or so million Muslims in Indonesia alone . . . who support violent jihad.

And Indonesia is considered "MODERATE," by Muslim standards.

. . .

Denial of facts does NOT REMOVE

THE FACTS from reality.

edit on 10/2/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I am saying perhaps other Muslims don't get involved because they are afraid of the consequence.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I know many Muslims well, have taken care of their children, know them personally, worshiped beside them,

What I am trying to say is, in some cultures religions are more radical, and are influenced by their culture, for example many African cultures believed in witchcraft long before Christianity.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Do you even know any muslims?

Seriously?

Absolutely yes. I shared my bedroom with a Muslim for over a year. His bed was about 2-3 feet from mine.

I grew up around a ton of them...none were bloodthirsty.

Good for you and them. I've known thousands of Christians who did the opposite of hurt anyone. That doesn't seem to count to many hereon. Interesting duplicitous standards.

You watch too much Fox news.

I threw the TV out 6 years ago.

Many hereon seem to watch too much CBS (Commie Broadcasting System) & CNN (Commie News Network) news.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

I am saying perhaps other Muslims don't get involved because they are afraid of the consequence.

Absolutely.

I thoroughly agree.

The founding documents speak to that issue . . . enforce such a fear of consequences for not supporting violent Jihad.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Scripture teaches we are to consider the fruit of a Christian walk.

Murder of innocents is not fruit of an authentically Christian walk.

That's not really that difficult.

Besides, in terms of INTRINSIC VS EXTRINSIC

the criteria and variables are EMPIRICALLY DERIVED.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

WICCA?
Careful, there's Christians in this thread. They'll burn you alive for supporting WITCHES@~!@~ I mean, a small population of Christians still actively burn people alive for being witches...They all must be that way right?

Yeah, I am quite aware of the Fundys in ATS, I have been attacked many times with their hate spewing ways. Only one in my opinion would I consider to be a real Christian, and she knows who she is.
Wicca is a Religions of Peace and Understanding. No Sacrifices, no money demanded, no church to support, and no one attempting to convert everyone they see. Gays and Lesbians welcome, Race not even noticed, War never supported.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I have never attacked you, auto, but I don't consider myself a fundy,

Now consider this, your using the word fundy may be seen by some Christians as a negative response.

I have been on this forum long enough to watch how Christians and or people with any religious belief are mistreated, but specifically the Christians and Jews.

It is not as bad as it once was, but I see less Christians posting.

edit on 012929p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

In your own post you say 3-70%. That's a huge percentile difference, but of course you pick the higher one because it suits your view on the world. Plus you linked no sources...

townhall.com...

At Least 80% U.S. Mosques Promote Violent Jihad

First, the most irrational, violent, and intolerant chapters in the Koran--the "Verse of the Sword" (Sura 9:5), most notably--were "revealed" in Medina, late in Muhammad's life, after the ones potentially amenable, and therefore they abrogate the earlier chapters. Allah's order to "kill the unbelievers wherever you find them" is an injunction, not a suggestion. "When we destroy a population," Allah says, "then we destroy them utterly" (17:16-17). Such words are as unamenable to rationalist disambiguation as the order to "fight those who do not profess the true faith till they pay the jiziya (poll tax) with the hand of humility."

Second, Islamic debate underestimates the weight of Muhammad's personal legacy. The problem of Islam lies to a significant extent in the claim of its prophet that his words and acts provide the universally valid standard. The Hadith--Muhammad's words and deeds, as supposedly recorded by his contemporaries, which must be obeyed by every true Muslim--contain huge stumbling blocks for a would-be Aquinas in Cairo. The Koran is to be recited, the prophet of Islam declares, not subjected to analytical study by a reasoning mind: "Whoever so interprets the Quran according to his opinion, let him seek his abode in the fire."

Third, Muhammad invented jihad in his lifetime; Islam was spread by jihad in its first century, and it has been defined by jihad ever since. Islam had developed a doctrine, legal system, and historical practice of mandatory violence against nonbelievers many decades before the Mu'tazilite thinkers (believed Allah was accessible to rational thought and inquiry) were born. Muhammad's early followers adopted bloodshed and terrorism as a divinely ordained method. The Jews of the Old Testament exterminated non-Jews in the name of their God, but they did so on specific commandment against specified enemies. To the Muslim warriors, the command was open-ended for the outset.

I don't recall ever reading any of the naysayers and rationalizers of the violence on ATS, dealing with the above points at all. Not even 5% of them.

DENIAL of the FACTS

does not destroy the facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Im just interested....are you for the killing of Christians, or not? Should be an easy answer, but I see you are basically ignoring the OP that says the issue is the minority of Christians in Egypt are being persecuted. And yes I have seen your argument about a sect of African "Christians" burning witches. These are not real Christians obviously. They have blended their old traditions with Christianity, etc. I am not saying that all Muslims are bad, Im just saying that there is a greater chance of them becoming extreme. Have you ever heard of Al-Qaeda? The Muslim religion is highly influenced by the teaching and orders of Iman, sheiks, etc. (not completely sure of the terminology) And many of them support this violence. While many religions have and are currently responsible for atrocities, you are ignoring the fact that the vast majority of Muslims are persecuting Christians, not the other way around

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Now consider this, your using the word fundy may be seen by some Christians as a negative response.

I have been on this forum long enough to watch how Christians and or people with any religious belief are mistreated, but specifically the Christians and Jews.

It is not as bad as it once was, but I see less Christians posting.

Absolutely indeed.

AS in the Egyptian situation described in the original article . . .

First, folks are marginalized in a list of ways--covert and overt.

Then . . . they are ostracized.

Then . . . they are herded, expelled, genocidally murdered.

Thankfully, that doesn't work through the ATS circuits quite as well as it does in various geographies face to face.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Muslim women immigrants get to Canada and START wearing traditional gear once they come under the influence of the "moderate" Imams here.

Moderation my read-end.

edit on 2012/2/10 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The whole world is going to crash economically.

War-mongers need war to run their military complex.

And you are a tool to start a new crusade.

But I have a question :

If there is some thing such as Christianity , what is Obelisk doing in the place where you get your religious orders ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join