It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Grey caught in photo ?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hi Falgore, I'm sorry you feel people are being overly skeptical of your OP, and thank you to all the nice comments posted to me in this thread!

Just so you understand where I'm coming from... as part of my job (I'm an academic) i deal heavily in image manipulation, both in teaching and industry, and it even enters my research sometimes. I do this stuff daily, and have for more than a decade. You could say I have an eclectic set of skills and interests (sleep conditions even once touching my research, though not specifically my area).

How I derived the images from my post was a similar process to high-end propriety software used to extract reflections from photos (among other functions). This software analyses an image at a pixel level, comparing each pixel to each adjacent pixel, and uses algorithms to find the variance in the images context. This way it can eliminate the background so just the reflection remains. It then enhances the reflection to produce a clear image. The process uses literally thousands of "samples" for a single image.

Unfortunately I don't have access to this software currently, but I understand the process, so I can approximate the highly accurate results of the software, with a similar set of processes in photoshop. I used only 20 "samples", but that was enough to highlight the shadows that your hands were making, (without bringing out the detail, or fully eliminating the background), even though it is less accurate.

Just so you understand exactly what I have done (this is exactly what an "expert" would do), I have highlighted the reflection of "your hands" in a subtractive process, where the only additive part was combining the twenty small samples into a single image. What you are seeing highlighted in yellow is the silhouette of your hands. The only thing I have added is a yellow hue to help eliminate the background a little bit, and highlight your hands. Your fingers MUST have been in that position (or appeared to be in that position in the reflection) because they are a reflection of YOUR FINGERS, when you took the photo, and they cover all the places where you see faces. If you look closely at the last image in the set you can clearly see the shape of your fingers.

Also, If you look closely, the camera exactly matches up, other than a very slight forward rotation. You can see the shiny corner of the camera just above your middle finger. It's a perfect match.

The other "faces" you are seeing correlate almost perfectly to the area where the flash is located, the same area where the shutter release button is and where the end of your index finger is located. It is very easy to see how given the right lighting and object positions, there would be other bright parts to the reflection, that may appear disjointed from the most visible parts of the reflection. This is what you are mistaking as faces.

Finally... though i did address it in my last post... the reason your right fingers are darker is the lighting conditions. As an example, on the next sunny day, go outside and stand in the sunlight looking at a window. You will be able to make out details clearly (like your left hand). Then step into a shadow while still looking at the window, and it will get hard to distinguish features, and you will appear more like a "dark" silhouette (like your right hand).

Lighting conditions, especially with a window or natural light, where there are clouds, time of year, air quality, etc. often produce gradients of light all around us. This can make things shadowed, even though we may not notice it.You need a lighting studio to get an absolutely steady light.

I hope this has helped clarify things. There are lots of odd things out there without having the need to believe a fabrication, even if we self-developed and wholeheartedly believe that fabrication. Sometimes we need to take a step back and evaluate where exactly the truth lies. We have to be honest with ourselves. Not trying to be mean, I am just trying to show you the truth of your image.

Always search for truth... even if it's humbling.
Cheers

Here's my post with the image set in question:
Image Set from my previous post.
edit on 18-2-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2012 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Can't we all agree that this photo is inconclusive?

Again, I encourage the OP to try again for better evidence if his experiences persist.
edit on 25-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Amazing photo I can clearly see the gray. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial or jealous you captured one on camera. Star and flag.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
could be anything though.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join