It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sent pink drone to Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Iran sent pink drone to Obama

Caption under the image reads

An Iranian man shows a miniature toy model of the US drone RQ-170 with a slogan quoted by Iran’s late founder of Islamic Republic Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini reading in Farsi, "we will step on the United states" in Tehran (AFP Photo / Atta Kenare)

rt.com

After tough sanctions imposed by the United States and the West, Iran has given into the demands of President Obama, well some demands.

Iran is returning the RQ-170 drone that was hacked back in December of last year.

Their are some differences though: it's pink, it's about one eightieth the original size and being marketed as a toy in Iran.

According to some reports the toys have already hit selves In Tehran and carry a $4 price tag. The display of silliness has many US officials irate at the charade, but no need to get upset.

President Obama will be receiving his very own custo
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-2-2012 by grayghost because: add tmage

edit on 9-2-2012 by grayghost because: add image

edit on 9-2-2012 by grayghost because: fix link

edit on 9-2-2012 by grayghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well i did not think they would really do this but they did.

You got to admit it is pretty dang funny.

Chime in ATS what do you think?

This seams to be a poke in the eye to Obama.

Just bringing this to everyone's attention.

I would love to be an fly on the wall in the white house.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
True or not I sure gave me a good laugh at the thought of it.
On the down side these flipping things are killing innocents left and right all over the globe.
I for one hope the story is true.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think thats absolutly hilarious haha teaches him for cowaring behind drones

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by demontigny
I think thats absolutly hilarious haha teaches him for cowaring behind drones

Wow yeah, that really showed him.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
All this does is highlight the childish mentality of the person who dreamed up the idea. Youknowwho. He's cruisin' for a bruisin' I'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Oh pleasee.. Your probably the same as him... Hiding in a house halfway across the world talking #

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
All this does is highlight the childish mentality of the person who dreamed up the idea. Youknowwho. He's cruisin' for a bruisin' I'm afraid.

I don't think anyone in Iran dreamed up a drone, I do believe they would like these monstrosities out of their air space just like Pakistan and Afghanistan and so on and so on.......
That crusin for a bruisin attitude is just what has put every country in the world on the edge of war here.
I say that attitude has got to go.
Regards, iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grayghost

“We wanted for Mr. Obama himself to have these toys and know that Iranians don't leave anyone's requests unanswered. We made the 'RQ' in pink as it is Mr. Obama's favorite color and we will send it to him via the Swiss embassy," said Seyyed Saeed Hassan-pour, head of the cultural department of the Aaye Company, to Reuters.

haha ! thats great ! lool

Khazaee went on to say the “American RQ-170 unmanned spy plane, bearing a specific serial number, violated Iran’s airspace.” He added Iran “strongly protests such hostile and aggressive moves and warns about harmful consequences of the repetition of such actions.”
Iran's ambassador demanded a US apology for the incident, but has yet to receive it.So Iran has decided to take matters into their own hands.
"We decided to show that we can deal with this issue in a very friendly and peaceful manner and put it in the playful hands of the children of Iran to pursue a 'soft war' with Mr. Obama and the US. This was the aim of producing this aircraft," Hassan-pour concluded.

Act of war it was ! but apology ? Never ! It must've been the evil iranian air that caused it to fail ! lol

I like the whole idea of the pink plane for peaceful purposes for children !
But of course just propaganda right ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
No matter what, this is some funny stuff! C'mon people, have a sense of humor.

Obama sends an expensive piece of military hardware to spy on a sovereign nation.

it crashes......

Iran sends back a $4 pink replica!

Comedy, pure comedy!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Totally agree with you my friend.. drones are a sign of cowardice an they should not be used for anything but watching purposes

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'm sorry did you say the drones were killing people left and right? Please expand on that thought.
These drones are surveillance as far as I know. ( which aint much believe me lol ) I dont think they kill but I could be wrong. Please show.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well i had no clue that anyone could beat baby bush.

But does it seam like ole barry is trying to pass him or what.

Sadly i see no way to get America back on track to the great nation it

once was.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Very funny indeed.

I have noticed everyone seems to have said it "crashed"?

To me, it really does not look like it crashed? Actually it's still in one piece? Apparently brought down by electronic means by the Iranians............bollox.

This thing was landed safely and left for capture..................

It's only a matter of time before it starts guys and gals.

By the way, I would imagine it was an empty drone, with absolutely no strategic / military significance at all...............just laying the bait so to speak?

The way things are going, the USA will get there drone back in tiny bits.............after yet another war on terror

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
For someone with no real power.. He certainly shows his ass alot.

I'm guessing it'll be his undoing. Wonder how many people are gonna chide him when he's captured as a US prisoner of war? Bet he'll have something far worse in store for him than a pink drone....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Iwinder

I'm sorry did you say the drones were killing people left and right? Please expand on that thought.
These drones are surveillance as far as I know. ( which aint much believe me lol ) I dont think they kill but I could be wrong. Please show.

Why yes they are indeed, here is some good reading for you.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should get you started, Yeah its a scary thought especially since they are thinking of using them for animal control, that should tell you they are cheap and yes armed.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Research by the Bureau has found that "since Obama took office three years ago, between 282 and 535 civilians have been credibly reported as killed including more than 60 children. A three month investigation including eye witness reports has found evidence that at least 50 civilians were killed in follow-up strikes when they had gone to help victims. More than 20 civilians have also been attacked in deliberate strikes on funerals and mourners."reply to post by karen61057

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I say the joke is on them....

Now we know what technology they have , and counter measures they can use against our drones...and we can adjust accordingly

We also know how far in we can send these things in for intel before those methods are implemented.....

This wasnt an accident, it was intelligence gathering.......

I cant say that for a FACT, but thats what i would do........

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Research by the Bureau has found that "since Obama took office three years ago, between 282 and 535 civilians have been credibly reported as killed including more than 60 children. A three month investigation including eye witness reports has found evidence that at least 50 civilians were killed in follow-up strikes when they had gone to help victims. More than 20 civilians have also been attacked in deliberate strikes on funerals and mourners."reply to post by karen61057

www.commondreams.org...

Excellent post, I was looking for that one but could not find it.
These things are bad and we all know it, easy to kill from a gaming chair half way around the world.
I would think one of these arm chair pilots would have a very difficult time in a trench in a combat zone.
They certainly would get a lesson in up close, and no Mountain Dew in sight to give em that needed boost.
Star for you sir/Madam
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 9-2-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join