It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government 'may sanction nerve-agent use on rioters', scientists fear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Government

story here

Leading neuroscientists believe that the UK Government may be about to sanction the development of nerve agents for British police that would be banned in warfare under an international treaty on chemical weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-2-2012 by moixa because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by Maxmars because: PLEASE USE THE EXACT TITLE FROM YOUR BREAKING NEWS SOURCE.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
They are not just talking tear gas here. lets think one step ahead and get hold of some this Pyridostigmine Bromide (Anti-Nerve Agent) no wait a minute that causes gulf war syndrome, ah well if you want to riot/protest be prepared you governments scientist are busy finding "novel ways of degrading human performance using chemicals."

*off to read survival forum for best gas mask info*

U smell GASSSSSSSSSSSS
edit on 8-2-2012 by moixa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good find. You should change the thread title so it gets more attention. Preferably to "Government 'may sanction nerve-agent use on rioters', scientists fear"

Thanks for the read

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by r3axion

im with you there. needs to hit front page.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow! This is some scary information. I really don't like the direction this world is going.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That's pretty alarming. Article says CS gas is exempt from the ban treaty of the British Gov.

They concluded that the Government may be preparing to exploit a loophole in the Chemical Weapons Convention allowing the use of incapacitating chemical agents for domestic law enforcement.op source

More loophools to lead to ...
VX gas. It was supposed to be eliminated. But don't let history repeat itself...

The Deadlistest Weapon: VX Nerve Gas
Documentary about it.

edit on 8-2-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt the state to use such methods to be honest. They've juggled with the thought of using live ammo if another riot breaks out, so this isn't exactly beyond them.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
whats not been said yet and is even scarier than Nerve gas is what would bring on an event to cause such a riot?

While TPTB scoff at such things and put out the DIS-info they prep (ha ha preppers) The Governments of Western Civilization Prep for and event also....this leaves something to be said about the whole friggin thing

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Does anybody know how effective a stock-standard gas mask would be in counteracting such a chemical?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

A gas mask would work for not inhaling it but nerve agents are also absorbed through the skin. So some kind of protective suit would be needed as well

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
They're only asking for civil unrest and outright warfare if they ever use nerve gas on it's own people.

Then again, they could just be testing their limits realizing how docile society has become. They could get away with murdering their own citizens and would be able to spin it with the MSM so that the majority of the populace supports it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What happens when you have tens to hundreds or thousands die from such use of chemical weapons on the populous? I wonder if people will finally fight back or just lay down like the good serfs they have proven themselves to be.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason Paul
They're only asking for civil unrest and outright warfare if they ever use nerve gas on it's own people.

Then again, they could just be testing their limits realizing how docile society has become. They could get away with murdering their own citizens and would be able to spin it with the MSM so that the majority of the populace supports it.

They would not have to spin it in my opinion, they could come right out and say on the mainstream news (that they are gassing teenagers in riots). There would be a divided opinion on it because of the way that society divides age groups.

During the last riots almost everyone I know over 30 years old was advocating (some even wanted to petition) for the army to stop the riots with live ammunition.

The majority of people are already suffering from chronic stupidity in the UK.

I reckon that a lot of people will read this article and say to themselves "finally, they are going to do something to stop this from happening again"

Horrifying.

edit on 9-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If they did it would pretty much mean all out war on the goverment by the people.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by Jason Paul

They would not have to spin it in my opinion, they could come right out and say on the mainstream news (that they are gassing teenagers in riots). There would be a divided opinion on it because of the way that society divides age groups.

During the last riots almost everyone I know over 30 years old was advocating (some even wanted to petition) for the army to stop the riots with live ammunition.

The majority of people are already suffering from chronic stupidity in the UK.

I reckon that a lot of people will read this article and say to themselves "finally, they are going to do something to stop this from happening again"

Horrifying.

edit on 9-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Yes, people have become so lame and stupid. Yet how come some of us are still awake? I dispair at humanity. The authorities disgust me how they lie, cheat and murder at will. Just makes me feel nauseous. That is what life has become. Just hope that the Bible is true and they get their just deserts for their crimes. What else is there to believe? It is impossible for us to do anything. It never works. Even revolutions just bring about more suffering and violence. Horrible! I just take solace in my U.S.A Nazareth made Martin acoustic guitar. It is the only thing I will miss when I die! Lol, but don't they have harps in Heaven? May be Martin make harps in Heaven?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
If they did it would pretty much mean all out war on the goverment by the people.

Yes, we would be forced to fight them with all our might if they dare hurt our young ones. John Lennon once said, "Insane people with insane objectives"! That sums it up for me!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I think more 'allowed' to fight them than anything. If government actually used a weapon like this, it would mean we have passed the point of no return and people will know once and for all their government does not work for them, but against them.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
wow just wow. The UK police that dont like to use guns want to use nerve gas instead. What about trying to address some of the root problems that have causes civil unrest in the past.....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I do hope they realize what can of worms
they will be opening here.

Once a gov goes down this road,
it's all downhill after that.

I hear Nero playing his fiddle.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
There are so many ways they could do this without permanently harming people.

Nitrous oxide.

Darts filled with very highly concentrated THC. (At massive doses, THC makes people fall asleep, but doesn't do any other harm)

Darts filled with either liquid '___' or ecstasy. '___' if it was highly concentrated, would make people unable to continue rioting, or even walk, because they'd be hallucinating to the point where they wouldn't know what was real. Ecstasy would make people just want to hug each other, or lie down.

Darts filled with morphine.

Spraying people in the face with a combination of urine and rotten eggs that have been pre-fermented for a month before deployment.

Spraying people in the face with Ipecac syrup, or something similar. This might be a bit more harmful, but not much. People wouldn't be able to do anything else, because they'd just stand in one place vomiting.

So to me, using nerve agents says that they WANT to hurt people; not that they have to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join