It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay-Z is Nicki Minaj?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChakaBoy

Don't get me wrong....I wouldn't put it past the music industry or Jay Z to try to pull something like this off. I just don't hear it. Listen real close when Nicki's voice is slowed down and you can hear the "drag". You wouldn't hear that if it had been recorded by Jay Z and then speeded up to create "Nicki's voice".
edit on 6-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Then how do you explain her live performances?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

She does lip-sync a lot of her live shows that I have seen, which is not that many.
Not saying that because she lip-syncs she is in fact jay z, but it is possible.

Such as this at yesterday's halftime show, she goes on at 1:15

edit on 6-2-2012 by ChakaBoy because: To add YouTube link

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Saw the thread title and laughed smugly ready to post that you were an idiot, listening to it now Im not so sure LOL.

Its amazing how much that slowed down Nicki one sounds like JayZ

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the main thing to look at is how these rappers flow - every rapper has their own unique style and cadence. as someone who has been an avid rap consumer since 1986 my ear is pretty refined and I can tell you that these two flows are pretty similar. regardless of how you speed it up or down, that wont make the style change. to say that 90% of rappers have the same style is abit broad, most mainstream rappers definitely have a specific cadence, but there are subtle differences that hardcore rap fans can pick up on. this doesnt mean that this is exactly what is going on here as nicki most likely has been influenced by jay-z's style of rapping, that would make sense. it also makes more sense considering jay-z, or the same people who write for jay-z, most likely write for nicki, so again the cadence would be the same. but anyways, i always enjoy a good conspiracy

edit on 8-2-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hahahahahahahah this is so not even close sounding of each other hahahah

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

I would just like to add that these clips have only been sped up and slowed down.

All it takes to make two voices sound alike is to change the speed of the recordings until the pitches are the same. It's easy to do, and takes only a couple minutes. It means absolutely nothing. Nothing to see (or hear) here, other than untalented, preformated "fake" music.

I have been a sound engineer for many years, have alot of experience recording, and have created similar effects before. This is nothing but sound manipulation.

Coming from a sound engineer that is a mighty surprising statement to make. Without going into detail i can tell anyone that the female voice a lot more complex then a males voice due to differences in the size and shape of the vocal cords and larynx.Which is why women have a greater natural melody in their voices. Which is also why you do not simply just increase or decrease a pitch to make 1 specific persons male voice sound alike to another persons female voice Anyone with a degree in Audio engineering in his pocket should be well aware of it .

There are amazing tools available both in hard and software (like what yamaha offers in this area for instance ) today but simple? That would be the last thing this task should be called and most certaintly this is not case of pitching a tune!

At the very least pitch ,attack ,vibrato ,timbre all need to be manipulated to be able to make such a match

I may not be able to officially call myself a sound engineer but i have a very fair share of experience on the matter since it has been my hobby ever since my teens. Following tips and advice from people like masenburg and producers like chicane who attended kvr and have dozens of books on the matter educating myself over the years ever since in both production and mastering.

Having said that i cannot check out the videos themselves at the moment but i will do so later.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

Don't get me wrong....I wouldn't put it past the music industry or Jay Z to try to pull something like this off. I just don't hear it. Listen real close when Nicki's voice is slowed down and you can hear the "drag". You wouldn't hear that if it had been recorded by Jay Z and then speeded up to create "Nicki's voice".

I wouldn't put it past the music industry to do this either. Anyone remember Milli Vanilli? However, here are the real questions we should be asking ourselves: Which one is Bruce Wayne and which one is Bat Man? And, can Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj appear in the same room together?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow what a Thread.

My two sense....I don't give a crap. These two morons Jay z and nikki minge are two puppets for someone else.

All these black rappers (if that is what they are called) are all the same. They all walk the same, wear their pants half way down their legs, wear caps backward, wear clothes 10 sizes too big for their malnutritioned bodies, wear enough gold to buy the US mint.

As far as im concerned, everytime i look at Jay z i think of a big mac and fries please!!
edit on 11-2-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i gotta say holy crap on that
but from what i know jayz just sounds like a chick sped up just like anyone else and doesn't really sound like nik at allllllllllllll

but nikiii damn, first 10 seconds are pretty close, but shes a skitzo so you dont even know if she is trying to sound some what like jayz, she has over 10 multipule personalitys

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Rap right now has lost all its credibility.
Real rap is street poetry through rhythym and hardship from the school of real life on the street.
Eminem is white and his struggle influenced his rap.
Rap is a black mans gift just as soul and motown, but the dark man was gratious enough to share this treasure just as Hip hop was influenced by the british invasion of the USA in the 80,s where blach hip hop grew and changed through its exposure to white musicians.
Rap today has sold its self commercially and some of these wanna be gang banger/ generation x lost boys will invent a history to jusify their rap.
Real rap comes from genuine hadship and oppression rather than from gangs , crime and the pursuit of fame.
I did not like rap or understand it as a musician until I watched Eight Mile and realised that Rap is a substitute for violence in its most valuable form.
Expression releases steam before anger comes out in violence.
Artistic violence is graphic, but still art.
Physical violence is graphic but gets you banged and silenced.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

PLUS lil wayne talks about signing NIKI good old niki back in 2004, even earlier, it was all over the draught 3 album

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

puppets expressing their free speech sureeee

why is everything a conspiracy to you guys, i could show you a pic of nikies va ga ga and you'd still think its jayz

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reply to post by FejkNick

lol were you born dumb, i was on topic

NIKI IS NOT JAYZ, you guys are RETARDS if you really think so
edit on 11-2-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

No, I was not born "dumb". I find myself kind of intelligent to be honest.
Triple-post even.
And we don't think Jay-z IS Niki. We think Jay-z is speeding up rap and then having Niki Lip-sync it.
Clearer now?

And please, could you use proper grammar?
Much love.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join