It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge: Obama eligible to be Georgia candidate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still
Why was it demanded at all?

Because there are elements of Mr. Obama's past that are very sketchy. This guy comes out of nowhere and runs for President under the guise of Hope and Change (which turned out to be BS). Not much is known about his past - including details about his life in Indonesia and his visits to Kenya.

Oh and who was it in question with, exactly?

Pretty much any critical thinking person. Why did he release a COLB and not the long-term BC initially?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
you might have something then might not , could the Pres be hold accountable for falsehoods and lying ? probably not, this is why "we the people" can re vote or vote him, (soon one day, her )out of office. Till then suffer like you should "oh crap i voted that fool in, what was i thinking"

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
wow don't tread on me mod went nuts tonight and deleted a ton of posts in this thread, bias anyone? wtf abuse power much

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Because there are elements of Mr. Obama's past that are very sketchy.

No more so than any other politician. You just failed to research.

This guy comes out of nowhere and runs for President under the guise of Hope and Change (which turned out to be BS).

I knew where he came from and it was not nowhere.

Not much is known about his past - including details about his life in Indonesia and his visits to Kenya.

You mean you do not know much about his past, but you do have some ideas you heard from right wing blogs. It is not Obama's fault you failed to know anything about him. He has no obligation to show you a birth certificate because you were ignorant of who he was. If I know very little about Ron Paul, I can say his past is sketchy and he needs to prove he is American enough for me or is your logic not remotely logical?

Pretty much any critical thinking person.

That is not an answer. How many judges have critically thought about it and told the birthers to stop wasting time being stupid?

Why did he release a COLB and not the long-term BC initially?

Because a COLB is a birth certificate and he was under no obligation to release either. Stupid people claimed one birth certificate was not certificatey enough so he showed them the other.
You remember, dontya?
"Just show us the BC and we will go away."
"Not that BC, we want a longer one."
"That longer one just does not look right to us, non document experts with nothing but AM radio and ignorance to guide us."
"Yes, we lied when we said we would ever be satisfied and go away."
That is your entire argument and there is not one drop of critical thought involved.

Also, you did not actually answer either question. You just expressed your opinion about a few things. I did not ask.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still
No more so than any other politician. You just failed to research.

I've done the research. Something about the guy's past does not sit right with me. There is a lot of mystery surrounding his past.

I knew where he came from and it was not nowhere.

So you knew of Mr. Obama before he ran for president? May I ask how you knew of him? (I live in Australia so to be fair I only heard of him when he ran for president.)

You mean you do not know much about his past, but you do have some ideas you heard from right wing blogs. It is not Obama's fault you failed to know anything about him. He has no obligation to show you a birth certificate because you were ignorant of who he was. If I know very little about Ron Paul, I can say his past is sketchy and he needs to prove he is American enough for me or is your logic not remotely logical?

I have done some reading about Mr. Obama, mostly from balanced/neutral sources. Yes you can say that about Ron Paul and he too should be required to show proof of his eligibility to be president.

That is not an answer. How many judges have critically thought about it and told the birthers to stop wasting time being stupid?

If this conspiracy has any merit, which I believe it might, then it is possible that judges are either bought off or threatened not to let it escalate any further.

edit on 5/2/2012 by Dark Ghost because: fixed quote tag

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
There is a lot of mystery surrounding his past.

There is? Such as what exactly?

(I live in Australia so to be fair I only heard of him when he ran for president.)

Had you heard of Gillard? or Rudd, or any other previous Australian PM before they become PM?

If this conspiracy has any merit, which I believe it might,

Exactly why do you think that?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

edit on 5-2-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I have just come to the realisation that debating this issue is pointless. There have already been many threads on this topic and it always ends up being a shouting match. You are entitled to your own views as I am to mine. Let's agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

While I realize the short-form certificate WAS presented voluntarily

But you said it 'wasn't readily produced'. Thank you for admitting your error, but that admission seems to indicate it was deliberate. Why?

...it wasn't well received.

Again, define 'wasn't well received'. Who had to 'receive' it? Was there any legitimate authority who needed to see it that wasn't satisfied with it? If you mean Obama opponents scrambled to find fault with it, well who cares? Obama opponents are not going to vote for him anyway.

The fact that it was challenged immediately in popular media led to confusion and gossip. News stories in the MSM picked up on this and encouraged the confusion.

And birther echo chambers shouted for years that the MSM was ignoring the 'issue'. Which way is it? MSM pretty much reports what is newsworthy. Political operatives shilling their candidate by trying to undermine the opponent's birth certificate is un-newsworthy in the extreme, especially when there is actual news like two wars and an imploding economy to report on during an election.

As for Obama,Two and a half years is quite period of time to be "bemused" and not act upon this distraction by publishing the long form.

Not long enough in my opinion, he should have not bothered. The distraction was manufactured by his opponents trying to take the heat off their own total failure. The President is fully occupied being President thank you very much. And those who will not be swayed by anything are still not swayed.

So, I stand by the 'timely' statement, but only in reference to the long form certificate and Obama's failure to utilize the document and quash the confusion.

But you accept the second one and not the first one?

You have to get off this 'long form' mindset. Some states have different forms that you can request if you so choose, long, short, postcard, whatever. Hawai'i is not one of them. Hawai'i has one form and one form only. It is the standard form and has been since 2001.

Obama ordered a Birth Certificate in 2007 and published it in 2008. It is THE official standard birth certificate. End of story.

The 2011 birth certificate is non-standard form, prepared in a non-standard way, under non-standard procedures. And is was done as a favor to the President of the United States.

Neither form is any more official or certified than the other. They both carry exactly the same certifications by exactly the same officials. A birth certificate is a document with birth event information on it that carries a certification testifying that the information is correct. Period. Both forms are exactly alike in that respect. One has a few more data items on it than the other. Those extra data items are completely and totally irrelevant to the eligibility issue.

To obtain my daughter's Native American documentation a long form state-certified BC was required.

Native Hawai'ians need extra ancestry information for some things too. They do not have a separate birth certificate for it however. Without knowing your situation, I suspect you daughter could have demonstrated her ancestry in other ways if her BC didn't have the necessary information.

To obtain a haz-mat CDL for myself I also I needed the same document.

I doubt that your haz-mat CDL required a birth certificate in any specific format or detail, just an officially certified one in whatever format you birth state chose to print it in - if that was 'long' or 'short' either one would work. Having said that, it is true that some States had unsatisfactory controls over BC's provided by some health practitioners and have had to reissue those certificates (California and Texas; not Hawai'i). If you have one of those questionable certificates, that is why you may have had to get a new one.

It is strange that I could successfully run for POTUS without this requirement.

To run for President, you have to make a 'Candidate Statement' to get on the ballot. On that statement, you swear that you are eligible for the office you seek. You are effectively under oath when you make that statement, and in danger of being charged with perjury if you lie. In the case of the major parties, they have functionaries who ensure the candidate statements are in place, and ensure they have the evidence when they swear that their candidate is eligible.

Obama had a birth certificate on file with his campaign if anyone wanted to verify it, and they even invited any reporter who was interested to come see it. It is telling that only one organization was interested in checking it out, yet you claim that it 'wasn't well received'; that the MSM was querying it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
These threads make my stomach hurt. Such argumentative people who don't realize that they will continue to argue over and over and over without changing anyone's minds on this subject.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Negative feelings beget negative feelings.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Unbelievable! If the truth about Obama is ever revealed, Judge Michael Malihi should be held on trial with him for assisting in treason.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
He has nearly completed a full term as POTUS & my fellow ignorant Americans still can't stomach the fact that we have a half black President. That's what it all boils down to & we're going to have to hear it for four more years when he wins reelection.

No it doesn't all boil down to color. It all boils down to him being an execrable sub-human. He revels in blood and murder, he wipes his rear with the Constitution as a matter of course, and his economic policies are designed to benefit oil companies while depriving American's of all colors of our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

And the fact that he is a natural-born citizen makes him even more disgusting.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
No it doesn't all boil down to color. It all boils down to him being an execrable sub-human. He revels in blood and murder, he wipes his rear with the Constitution as a matter of course, and his economic policies are designed to benefit oil companies while depriving American's of all colors of our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Wait, when did this become about Bush?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by The Old American

Wait, when did this become about Bush?

Barack Obush. Yeah, him.

Bush was the guy killing tens of thousands for oil, wiping his rear the Constitution, and in the pocket of corporate America prior to 2008. Our sitting president is the one I'm talking about, because the other guy doesn't make those policies anymore.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Obama was an Illinois State Senator from 1997 to 2004. I live in Illinois and he was well known in the Chicago area. I wouldn't expect anyone outside of Illinois or the Chicago area to have known much about him....just as I don't know much about any other States legislators.

In 2004 he ran for US Senator and most people saw him for the first time at the 2004 Democratic National Convention where he gave the keynote speech. Understand that he was already looked at as a rising star in the Democratic party.

After that speech...I told my wife that Obama will be the next President (in 2008).

Obama won his 2004 US Senator election and served in the Senate one term. He ran for President in 2008 and won.

So no...he didn't come out of "no where"...and it isn't even difficult to research this information.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
NO OTHER President in history has had a Social Security Number from a State in which he never lived.

QUESTION: What is the source of this Social Security number?

I doubt Obama gave out his Social Security Number.

Give me exact proof and source that you have the correct number.

Better yet - - - can you find your own Social Security number by researching for it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not, I dont believe that someone should be allowed to run for President with this much controversy. Not to mention he has shown time and time again that he has no intentions of following what lies he spews, hes the same as every other puppet in office which is why I cant understand for the life of me why so many people defend him.. He is making life much worse for me and my family, I wish Americans were able to think for themselves but unfortunately only a few Americans can.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Whats with the pissing match, man? You contribute nothing, yet you address anyone with their own opinion on the matter in a sarcastic tone.

Definition of "useless".

We get it, you think birthers are morons, and anyone who even considers the issue interesting an idiot. You want a prize? Give it a rest...

I agree, birthers are morons who are motivated by blatant racism. There is no evidence for any preposterous birther claim, but the far right has never been known for their racial tolerance, sincerity, proficiency in logic or dedication to rationality.

There is plenty to criticize about Obama, his birth place is not one of them, except for deluded racist zealots, as always predominantly from the South.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shagga
Whether Obama is a natural born citizen or not, I dont believe that someone should be allowed to run for President with this much controversy.

Correction: birtherism amounts to manufactured controversy from the racist far right.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by Mizzijr

If I recall correctly John McCain is one of those candidates.

You recall incorrectly. McCain did not publish his birth certificate, nor did he 'release' it in any form what-so-ever. One reporter claims that he was allowed to see it briefly. He was not allowed to photograph it or copy it. The McCain campaign pointedly refused to back his claim.

There was a forged certificate spread around the internet with the wrong hospital listed. It was disowned by the McCain campaign, but even that did not convince them to publish the real thing.

Ahhh ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join