It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Actually everyone is wrong so far.

There are three separate figures.

1.The true rate which is currently 22+% These are workers with no jobs.

2. common rate which is adjusted. This one has to do with finance trends.

3. And the official govt rate which is also adjusted quite a bit lower. This it the low 8.5% or whatever is usually in the news or given by govt.

Dont make me dig out a graphic....

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2012 by allprowolfy because: erase this, did not work the way it should have, lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Just so we can both clear this up, you must work directly for the executive side of our government as Labor Force sits tucked neatly under the President, and only those working under him would know the true statistics. So before you claim that we are ignorant. I would like to know from the horses mouth per se, and not from Economics 101 from some university in which you attended, and now reguritating information that was taught to you

edit on 3-2-2012 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
With over 25 million unemployed another 50 million on welfare there is over 75 million out of work underemployed i pity anyone who beleivee governments creative accounting.

Oh and thats not counting illegals in this country either or the defense cuts.
edit on 3-2-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It has always irritated me that those who no longer qualify for unemployment benefits are not counted in the unemployment figures that the Government releases. Talk about misleading figures.

True unemployment is a whole lot higher than the Government would like to admit.

While the media and Goverment likes to play up the lower unemployment numbers, the reality is much worse.

www.zerohedge.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: Hopefully fixed the link

i know cus i am one of the unemployed that is un able to get benefits. been looking for a job for awhile and still haven't found any thing worth while. i am interested in seeing the real statistics of every one who is out of work not just the ones who are receiving benefits

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I live here in Henderson Nevada. The unemployment rate is at 13.7%. I was laid off from a 13 year I.S. position that paid me close to 90k a year. I was laid off 7 months ago. For the first 2 months, I collected unemployment. Since then, I have worked miscellaneous temporary/part time jobs. Some of those employment opportunities included delivering pizza and warehouse dock work. I am a single Father with 2 children. My ex-wife and I share equally the responsibilities of our children. Since I was laid off, I have had to give up my home and made a great many sacrifices. In all, I have learned to live to my means.

When I hear that people can’t find jobs out there, I just want to throw-up! The fact of the matter is that there are MANY employment opportunities! Just NOT the ones most of these dead beat lazy azzes are willing to do! I could have easily sucked unemployment dry! But I didn’t! I don’t even make a fraction of what I made! Not even close to what I made in unemployment! What happen to America working hard for anything? When I hear people whine about they’re unemployment running out after 2 years, I find myself embarrass! Embarrassed that my fellow American can’t do what’s right or true anymore! There is a difference in WANTING something, and there is a difference in NEEDING something! I have 2 children I love very much! It doesn’t matter to me how big my house is, the car I drive, shoes I ware, people I know, etc... As long as I can work hard for something, give my kids a warm safe happy place to live, food in their mouths, than I am happy!

If you have to be on unemployment for over 6 months, than I consider you a welfare sucking reciprocate! If you can’t step up in life, than move out to another country that will provide the world to you for free! I don’t care what kind of excuses people try to come up with to avoid work! It might not be what you wish, but the jobs are out there! You might not be making what you once made, but either way, its work! Have “a little” dignity! Do what’s right! Set an example for your children!

Peace...!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Another way to prove the numbers are completely fudged, look at the tax receipts. A member at zerohedge posted that figure. The tax receipts dropped by about 4 Billion from one month to the next.

All the Obama BLS has to do is drop another 10-15 million from the rolls and we will have a negative unemployment rate.

Go Obama!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What r all of people complaining about

Stock market has bees soaring for 2 months straight let alone 3.5 years

Stop your beetching

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It has always irritated me that those who no longer qualify for unemployment benefits are not counted in the unemployment figures that the Government releases. Talk about misleading figures.

Just to clear things up for those who don't know, this is not true. Counted labor force is anyone looking for a job. Whether on unemployment or not, that doesn't matter, but you do have to be looking for a job to collect unemployment benefits. So everyone on unemployment is counted as well as people not on unemployment looking for a job.

What you said is not true, and I can't for the life of me understand why you would state this. Are you a paid propagandist, or are you just this ignorant?

We have the smallest "work force" numbers in more than a decade. Are you suggesting that those people just vanished?

Really, you should think before you make such a fool of yourself in public.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Single father of two maintaining a home, food, unexpected expenses all on delivering pizza or misc dock work? Not only that but you're a-ok with your suddenly massive drop of lifestyle and beat your chest like it's no big deal? You must be an ubermensche indeed!

Im a successful business owner, single father of one and would know how hard it is juggling things like work and day care plus unexpected illnesses, accidentes, birthdays, christmas, stress, missed work etc. If I was suddenly ruined and had to scrape to live, I'd be angry, depressed and would throw my pride to the winds. Delivering pizzas and raising two children by yourself? Ok, sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Hey super, plot the stock market to gold and see what you are saying is true or not.

Gold has tripled in the last three years, the stock market about doubled. Tell me again why the stock market has anything to do with the economy?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

not true if you go through the US dep of labor Work force serv then your counted, but if you go through a temp agency or do it at home web sites and news papers or net working groups then your not counted.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

graphs??? , we don't need no stinking graphs!!! , Pie charts!!!, bring on the pie charts!!! We like pie charts!!! sorry thinking of blazing saddles,
"now go do, that voodoo that you do, so well"

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
If I'm reading that article correct the charts and graphs are telling that the job market has shrunk big time in the past year. So there will be less people to count as employed or unemployed in jobs because the jobs are non-existent now, thus no longer counted. Only Making unemployment or employment figures look much better than they really are because the jobs no longer exist.?

Did I understand that correctly? if so Then that must be already seasonally adjusted right? ( the 1.2 M) . So the real number should be about 2 million give or take a 100 K ? Then that means the countries real unemployment is about 36 percent according to the formula used by past presidents and the jobs available.

'm using the some raw figures from calculations the BLS used before this administration took over in 2008.

I either case this is just dismal in terms of the shear numbers of people out of work and the job that no longer exist.

edit on 4-2-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by taws6

people collecting unemployment benefits has nothing to do with determining the unemployment rate. The rate is determined by a survey that is sent to people, they fill it out and send it back and that's how they determine the unemployment rate.

so explain to me how i am counted in this survey. i haven't seen the first one. been unemployed for almost two years now. never filed for unemployment, my family never has and never will we take care of our own.
so how do they count me by other people filling out a survey.
edit on 4-2-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The BLS does a seasonly adjustment rate every January for the previous year. They do not send surveys that I ever heard of. otherwise it's a estimate of people not counted.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SJE98

that's my point, according to taws6 they send out survey's.
i've never seen one so how do they count me?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
dosnt this mean thats how many people's unemployment ran out? not how many people suddenly got jobs?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I assumed that most people that come to sites like these already know the truth about the employment figures. ITS ALL PHONY - they don't want the public to know how bad things are.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I live here in Henderson Nevada. The unemployment rate is at 13.7%. I was laid off from a 13 year I.S. position that paid me close to 90k a year. I was laid off 7 months ago. For the first 2 months, I collected unemployment. Since then, I have worked miscellaneous temporary/part time jobs. Some of those employment opportunities included delivering pizza and warehouse dock work. I am a single Father with 2 children. My ex-wife and I share equally the responsibilities of our children. Since I was laid off, I have had to give up my home and made a great many sacrifices. In all, I have learned to live to my means.

When I hear that people can’t find jobs out there, I just want to throw-up! The fact of the matter is that there are MANY employment opportunities! Just NOT the ones most of these dead beat lazy azzes are willing to do! I could have easily sucked unemployment dry! But I didn’t! I don’t even make a fraction of what I made! Not even close to what I made in unemployment! What happen to America working hard for anything? When I hear people whine about they’re unemployment running out after 2 years, I find myself embarrass! Embarrassed that my fellow American can’t do what’s right or true anymore! There is a difference in WANTING something, and there is a difference in NEEDING something! I have 2 children I love very much! It doesn’t matter to me how big my house is, the car I drive, shoes I ware, people I know, etc... As long as I can work hard for something, give my kids a warm safe happy place to live, food in their mouths, than I am happy!

If you have to be on unemployment for over 6 months, than I consider you a welfare sucking reciprocate! If you can’t step up in life, than move out to another country that will provide the world to you for free! I don’t care what kind of excuses people try to come up with to avoid work! It might not be what you wish, but the jobs are out there! You might not be making what you once made, but either way, its work! Have “a little” dignity! Do what’s right! Set an example for your children!

Peace...!

Prov 14:23 In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join