It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Door's "Whiskey Song" Borrow Satanic Lyrics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am a HUGE Doors fan, and even a bigger Jim Morrison fan... I know he was very open and into many different things and works of literature.. Anyways I started reading the Satanic verses and saw that there was a big similarity in it... We all know the door's goes "If we dont find, the next whiskey bar... I tell you we must die, I tell you we must die.... Oh moon of Alabama....." right? Well here is the satanic verse I was referring to

"Just before dawn one winter's morning, New Year's Day or thereabouts, two real, full-grown, living men fell from a great height, twenty-nine thousand and two feet, towards the English Channel, without benefit of parachutes or wings, out of a clear sky.
"I tell you, you must die, I tell you, I tell you," and thusly and so beneath a moon of alabaster until a loud cry crossed the night, "To the devil with your tunes," the words hanging crystalline in the iced white night, "in the movies you only mimed to playback singers, so spare me these infernal noises now.""

In paragraph two you will see the reference.. Also moon of alabaster... its possible it was changed to moon of Alabama due to the fact more people know Alabama haha

Anyways I though it was really cool, leave your opinions below.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The song was around way before, so.....

Ummmmmmmmmm......no

.....I don't think it's anything more than a coincidence of words.

....but I love the Doors.

edit on 2-2-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Are you speaking of the "Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie? If so, it would explain why this is in the Paranormal category as Jim would have been having a premonition. This wasn't published until 1988.

Or are you speaking of the pagan verses that were temporarily included in the Qur'an?

The point is moot as this is a cover of a German opera song (shocking I know!) from 1929.

Source

Love me some Doors!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Ill be damned haha it was copy written in 1988... So in reality, the satanic verses stole from The DOORS! Unless it was a quote from another book, published at an earlier time... some of the quotes and verses are from the right time period...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Yes! That author, I feel so embarrased I just googled the copy write date myself haha

And I had no idea it was a cover song! I know Marilyn Manson covered it and changed one line to "show me the way to the next little boy" LMFAO

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I do love The Doors though, yes indeed

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Good find. You maybe on to something.
I dont know whether you realised but Alabaster as well as being a mineral is actually a town in Alabama.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-2-2012 by maythetruthbeknown because: missing link

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

The point is moot as this is a cover of a German opera song (shocking I know!) from 1929.

Never knew that. You learn something everyday

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown

Good find. You maybe on to something.
I dont know whether you realised but Alabaster as well as being a mineral is actually a town in Alabama.

en.wikipedia.org...

I had no idea that was a real town... I gues you do learn something new every day lol

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For clarifications sakes, The Doors do their version of Bertolt Brecht's Alabama Whiskey Song which was written and composed by both Brecht and Kurt Weill. The song was originally published in 1927.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
For Rushdie, I'm sure it was a deliberate pun. He does a lot of that kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"They tell us "Rock'n'roll is the devil's music." Well, let's say we know that rock is the devil's music, and we know that it is, for sure … At least he #in' jams! If it's a choice between eternal Hell and good tunes, and eternal Heaven and New Kids on the #in' Block … I'm gonna be surfin' on the lake of fire, rockin' out."
- Bill Hicks.

I feel it applies here.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I like the doors but I am going with coincidence here.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

The Devil's in the House of the Rising Sun! lol

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
No offense, but the song isn't called "Whiskey Bar", it's true title is, "Alabama Song".

I'm a huge Doors fan so star for you for mentioning them here on ATS!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Kudos to you good sir! Real music like The Doors may as well be considered extinct in this day and age, people like us have to push those vibes back to the surface!

Note: and Alabama Song is hands down the best tune to sip some bourbon to lol
edit on 3-2-2012 by baalbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Couldn't agree with you more! I still have trouble figuring out when our society went from Jim Morrison to Justin Bieber....

But I do feel like Jim was connected to the spiritual realm in some way or another. Whether that means demonic or angelic, I can't say.

I think he knew of an answer about the afterlife that the rest of us are still struggling to decipher. He truly did "break on through" before his time.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Music use to represent rebellion from the system, IMO I believe that TPTB realized this and got their hands deeper into the music industry and started shelling out their own stars to push the idea that conformity is "Cool"

Yeah man, Jim was def into the spirit realm..he believed that the spirit of a Native American jumped into his body when he was young and that it was this entity that helped him with his music.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

just for you , and me and any doors fan on ats

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Stronger than dirt!!!!!!

did you hear it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join