It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Should Be Regulated As Toxin, Researchers Say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

yes, we have been here. the body gets all its sugar from carbs, proteins and fat.
NO need for sugar on and of itself.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by BBalazs

Water is a toxin too, if you drink too much you will die.

The government should give us water ration cards to make sure we won't drink too much

Good point, to add to that, oxygen is a very harmful, corrosive gas (which it is), maybe big brother should keep us from breathing that nasty stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

My avatar picture is of me. While it is hardly the clearest photo ever taken of me, you should be able to tell that I am at the very least, reasonably fit.

I am hardly one of the lucky types that can eat whatever they like without external consequence but I do not worry about the bad food that goes into me because the good far outweighs it.

I also excercise in a manner which I find enjoyable and engaging.

I also think that if I were forced to go without sweet, delicious, mouth-wateringly good food I would go absolutely mental and hate life. What's more, it's none of anyone elses business what food goes into my mouth and I should not be financially taxed for my choices.

Scientists with agendas need to shut up, the government needs to fk off and people with weight or relative health issues should probably not eat so much bad food.

So simple.

edit on 2-2-2012 by Garfee because: spelling as usual

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

you are barking up the wrong tree. reread my last few points.
i am against regulation.
you will not make me into a commie.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Umm...carbohydrates are sugars of varying complexity.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I must say that is surprising... Since most people actually don't get enough sugar and get TOO MUCH Corn Syrup!

Corn Syrup will kill your kidneys and liver. Thats what they need to regulate as a "Toxin"

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

i agree with you.
one point i disagree on, is what i already have said.
these processed foods takes decades to achieve full toxicity.
if you know someone who is fatigued, just try to eat vegetables for 1 week, could seriously help, not that I in anyway want to help out advice over a forum.
it is a slow kill. it causes fat, which is an indicator of bad health.
your reluctance to even stop eating for a week sugary things, is in itself a sign of a craving.
but, i don't want to hand out any advice, you will do as you seem fit to do.
it is your choice, but if you are truly strong, why not control your body?
this is not self flogging as you can eat anything.
it is strongness of spirit.
as for regulation. i am against it, as stated many times.
however food is already regulated, and awareness of risk factors that are real is hardly an agenda.
it still doesn't change the facts that sugar acts like a poison, and in itself we have no need for it.
in this word, you use the tools you are dealt to spread the message.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

yeah, thez break into sugar, which is why you don't need any sugar in and of itself.
glad you finally understand that our body doesn't need sugar in and of itself.
it gets, or rather PRODUCES, breaks down FATS, PROTEINS, and CARBS into just the right amount.
Ask your body. Do a search.
Dont wise ass me with complex carbs vs simple carbs. You will loose, fair warning.
good for you.
edit on 2-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Yes but why worry ourselves over how unhealthy we will be at 80 years old when that's probably when we would die anyway?

This whole, 'every day smoke free/sugar free/drug free is a day closer to better health' deal that is constantly pushed on us should come with a follow up sentence along the lines of, 'but still another day closer to death'.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

For the record, fat people ten to store more toxicities.

It's sort of a guarantee to toxicity problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

CARBOHYDRATES ARE SUGAR!!!!! This isn't really that difficult to understand. Don't tell me you don't need sugar but you need carbohydrates which are SUGAR!!!

It's like saying "Humans don't need a heart, but they do need a large, muscle that will pump blood."

It is the same thing.

I will not lose a battle of wits with someone that is unarmed.

JHC........unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I don't worry about it at all.
I just want to have the same choices as the people who eat (processed) SUGARs.
More raw milk, uncontaminated food, etc.
Thats why I am on the bandwagon as it where.
I also don't want to end up paying for other peoples recklessness and abandon.
Its only fair, no?
Why should I pay, why should I care?
You (people in general) have been warned.
Why do I foot the bill?
Why do I get denied healthy foods?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

ok, back to basics.
This article was about a particle type of sugar: processed.
I was talking in the context of the article.
I will amend my comments as such, although I feel they were self evident: our body doesn't need processed SUGARS.
fair point.
Any further points of clarification?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I'm not sure what part of the world you live in but where I am I can get pretty much any kind of food I desire - healthy or otherwise. I am well aware how lucky I am.

After reading your last post I'll admit we agree on more than I thought. Good luck with this thread because it's way past bedtime here - you can all bet your sweet backsides (pun intended, of course) that I'll put a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee in the morning.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sugar is pretty much evil .. it is the leading cause of heart disease ( yes ) ... leading cause of diabetes .. and many other illnesses.. they also contribute to cravings which leads to obesity .. there's so many horrible things to say about sugar..

Carbohydrates are a good source of energy but they need to be within a sane level, and right now in our world, they are at an EXTREME level .. it's a killer..

I SINCERELY encourage you to watch this speech by Robert H. Lustig .. it's eye opening

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I had an uncle that was totally into nutrition. He took vitamins and supplements, watched his diet very closely and lived a very healthy lifestyle all of his life. Died in his mid 70's. His health was positively horrible for the last 15 years of his life. Some benefit, when my father was a heavy smoker for 2/3 of his life, was obese and drank so much alcohol that he had severe cirrhosis of his liver when he died. He actually lived longer than my uncle and had a much better quality of life.

I know, it is purely anecdotal, but I have a whole truckload of those kind of stories that I have seen in my life.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

well good night to you.
as a matter of reference I am shooting for supermarkets to contain at least 5o% whole unprocessed foods.
we are nowhere near that anywhere.
if they (supermarkets) have to works harder, they should. tough love for supermarkets, and food conglomerates.
since i don't believe in regulation, I believe the only path to achieve this is education and if people demand these standards.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I had an uncle that was totally into nutrition. He took vitamins and supplements, watched his diet very closely and lived a very healthy lifestyle all of his life. Died in his mid 70's. His health was positively horrible for the last 15 years of his life. Some benefit, when my father was a heavy smoker for 2/3 of his life, was obese and drank so much alcohol that he had severe cirrhosis of his liver when he died. He actually lived longer than my uncle and had a much better quality of life.

I know, it is purely anecdotal, but I have a whole truckload of those kind of stories that I have seen in my life.

Nutrition IS important.. but only if you truly understand it.. we have a very bad understanding of it.. we're a society that still thinks fat = heart disease .. we are a society that thinks, largely .. that all calories are equal ..

Someone may APPEAR to be eating badly by our standards compared to someone else.. but there are other factors.. a poor understanding of those calories taken in.. and genetics

edit on 2/2/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Originally posted by BBalazs
FACT: The human body doesn't need SUGAR. It makes its own. Thank you!

Actually the body does need sugar in order to produce Adenosine Tri-phosphate to power the cell. The most easy of the sugars to break down properly is glucose.

This would have been the time to say "I was only referencing processed sugar."
I would have accepted that... and moved along.

Originally posted by BBalazs

yes, we have been here. the body gets all its sugar from carbs, proteins and fat.
NO need for sugar on and of itself.

Instead you came back with this, attempting to prove my statement as incorrect. When it is not correct in the least, even if you were talking about processed, and refined sugars, it wouldn't make my statement any less true. You're sudden change in behavior....because it was "processed" sugars.... while keeping your smug attitude, implies that you are now attempting to save face because you realized you were wrong.

C'mon guy, at least make sure all of your facts are straight before you decide to lecture others.

Jeez.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

...were a society thinks that syntethic vitamins and nutrients offer a failsafe on death....I may add....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join