It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy "Spraying"* in Phoenix Today 2-1-12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

There isn't enough blue for BA, here is a BA 777 that flight radar 24 identified earlier;

I don't know how I would find a flight number to search for as I don't know the origin or destination, at least with the other site all you need is your time and location, just have to keep trying to find my 767

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by doryinaz

That is exactly what I saw today DoryinAz! Thanks for chiming in! I appreciate the support.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOutsider

Thank you, PhoenixOutsider...I am not saying I do not believe you, but I find it ironic that you joined today and your first post was in my thread. Just a coincidence I assume? Anyway, good to have you here.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

An interesting thing about contrail grids it that they don't require planes to fly in a grid pattern for a grid to form.

Just two intersecting flight paths will create a grid, under normal wind conditions. Have a look at this simulation. You can adjust the various parameters.

contrailscience.com...
The one requires JAVA, there's a less intrusive one here, if you don't like Java:
contrailscience.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

This would explain why I never see more then a few planes lacing the sky with the trails.

Thanks for the graph.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So now I have another question...

As I said earlier, I have seen planes flying by and they produce a tail, but only a short one, and it does not stay too long. Then, I see another plane producing a thick an easily noticeable tail... can you give me a better answer then atmospheric conditions? Even though that may be the best answer, I kinda see it as a "why not?" answer.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

well the only other thing known to affect the formation of contrails is the propulsive efficiency of the engine -

On the left is an Airbus A340 with modern high bypass ration engines, on the Right is a Boeing 707 with older low bypass ration engines.

The paper that discusses this is here if you want teh full technical investigation.

AFAIK apart from that there is nothing - if you are looking for more answers then you are off into speculation - of which chemtrails are the current favourite version.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I have no wish to converse with you at this time !
Once again I must decline your bait !
Thank you

Peace

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

well the only other thing known to affect the formation of contrails is the propulsive efficiency of the engine -

On the left is an Airbus A340 with modern high bypass ration engines, on the Right is a Boeing 707 with older low bypass ration engines.

The paper that discusses this is here if you want teh full technical investigation.

AFAIK apart from that there is nothing - if you are looking for more answers then you are off into speculation - of which chemtrails are the current favourite version.

Key points from that paper:

A contrail was observed to form during ascent Žfirst behind the
A340 at 7:28:40, at flight level 333 hft. The B707 continued to
ascend nearby without a contrail (Fig. 2). About 50 s later, at altitude of about 337 hft, a contrail formed also behind the B707 at 7:29:30. The contrails were observed to be forming very suddenly
and persisted thereafter.During descent from flight level 350 hft, the
contrails disappearedŽ first behind the B707 and disappeared shortly
there after behind the A340.The contrails occurred again, apparently
when entering colder or more humid air, and Žfinally disappeared
behind the B707 at flight level 344 hft at 7:40:00 (Fig. 3) and shortly
thereafter behind the A340 at flight level 342 hft at 7:40:39.

hft = hundred feet. So while ascending one plane started to con at 33,300 feet, and the other at 33,700 feet.

It shows how different planes can leave different trails. But also how abrupt the transition is, and how little the difference in altitude need be. During descent contrails formed an persisted above 35,000 feet, but abruptly stopped below there, only to resume again slightly below that, and then vanish again at 34,400 feet. All within 600 feet, a difference in distance that is impossible to discern from the ground, even with binoculars.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I have no wish to converse with you at this time !

Thank you for replying.

Once again I must decline your bait !

What "bait"??

I asked whether you consider the accuracy of information on a website to be more important than who owns or runs the website - why is answering that a problem?

It is a very straightforward question - what are you trying to hide??

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

If you are so willingly allowing yourself to dismiss these sprays as just contrails I would loooove to get your reasoning on why contrails even exist? Why do they spray anything in the atmosphere?

This is a little bit more then just the old contrails that are rarely seen now and days, with the small spray tail then a dissapearance of the spray shortly afterwards. These CHEMTRAILS are a all day event. 24/7. These CHEMTRAILS are sprayed early in the morning, mid afternoon, and night time. They are here and visible all day long and spread throughout the sky creating cloud coverage. Eventually reaching the ground.

Is this something you like or agree with? Do you like your non cloudy day becoming cloudy with no answers or reason?

Come on guys. Earth has lasted this long without even contrails and now we do it religiously everyday. FOR WHAT?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88

Come on guys. Earth has lasted this long without even contrails and now we do it religiously everyday. FOR WHAT?

For air travel.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Do you like your non cloudy day becoming cloudy with no answers or reason?

False.....there is always a reason for increasing cloudiness. It is called "weather". When conditions are proper for the very long-lasting contrails to form, this means that the weather is about to change, locally for you.

Have you ever seen a site like this, with a weather map displayed?:

Link to just one example,this time a satellite view of visible cloud coverage, ConUS

Another example of several more maps to choose from

Those of us who have education in the basics of meteorology can read, interpret and understand this sort of information.

Come on guys. Earth has lasted this long without even contrails and now we do it religiously everyday.

I live in Southern California. NO contrails, today, none yesterday, nor the day before. The city of greater metropolitan Los Angeles....one of the largest cities (by population) in the United States. NO contrails.

So much for the claim of "everyday". I've suggested this before, for anyone who is serious about actual records and facts. Keep a journal....a daily diary of observations. Suggest at 0900, then 1200, then 1500 and again at 1800.....four times, same time, every day. For at least one month (longer would be better).

Human memory and perception is inherently flawed and inconsistent. Documenting facts in writing will show reality, absent faulty and biased Human memory....

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I disagree with the changing weather part here. The weather in Phoenix rarely changes and I see these all the time. How long before the Wagner change happens? The reason I ask is because we have not had a noticeable change in the weather for a few weeks and these are always around.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think I am going to take you up on this journal idea. If I can figure out a way to do it without interrupting my job, I will create a thread with daily pics.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It has been going on here too. This is a worldwide event the winter has been non-existent here normally it is below freezing at this time of year.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UniversalLover

How often are you noticing it?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So what is the effect of Contrails/Chemtrails going to have on Groundhog Day?
Pilots is it going to be sunny, or cirrus cloudy, tomorrow?
Whats the plan?

Groundhog Day is a holiday celebrated on February 2 in the United States and Canada. According to folklore, if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day then spring will come early. If it is sunny, the groundhog will supposedly see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and the winter weather will continue for six more weeks.[1]

edit on 1-2-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I live in Phoenix. I took two pictures today around 2:30pm, in Chandler, AZ. I was facing south or southwest for both. Chemtrails or not, the sky was full today as it is from time to time, and it made me think.

I have been wanting to joint ATS for some time, and after reading this thread I decided to sign up and share. Thanks for the post, OP.

edit on 1-2-2012 by yahtzeestone because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2012 by yahtzeestone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yahtzeestone

Glad this made you join! And yes the sky was full today! Send me a private message and we can chat more. Welcome to ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join